• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Flex Wheeler health updates.

• Thread starter MuscleMecca Crew
  • Start date
MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author
Hey guys, I hate to say this but Flex Wheeler doesn't look good now.

Flex Wheeler revealed in October that he had Covid-19, which had left him in serious renal failure. In March, the legend had another treatment to restore his back. Given the amount of operations he's had to undergo, the surgery left him cynical about life. Wheeler was just admitted to the hospital for a repeat rotator cuff treatment. Flex claimed that he had been in the hospital for almost 10 days, still in agony, following the unpleasant treatment.

Wheeler was injured in an automobile accident in 1994. Medical doctors identified him with a genetic renal condition after an examination. The Men's Open veteran needed a kidney transplant nine years later. Health difficulties plagued the California native for years after an emergency operation in 2019 went wrong. Doctors opted to amputate Wheeler's right leg largely due to significant complications, including blood clots and renal failure.

Flex Wheeler:
“When you get a kidney transplant, for a normal person, it lasts about seven years. My donor was very, very petite. Obviously, I’m not the smallest guy in the world, it’s stressful for that kidney anyway because it’s so small. My point is, 20 years is amazing just for a healthy person with a kidney transplant. You know, the kidney has done its job but it’s showing definite signs of wear and tear. They are concerned that it might… like Chris Cormier said, I got something in my throat… It’s showing signs of failure.”