• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Foam rolling for a better physique

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I get deep tissue swedish massages every other sat. Really great hurts like hell when getting out muscle knots and cal deposits but the after effect is .....Ooo you can tell the diff.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
videos on how to use them?
i tries using one at the gym
i pathetically epically failed trying.

pGhi

pGhi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This sounds ghey

I guess ill have to try it out then :keke:

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
haha the music in this one is pretty lame but it gives a generally informative presentation on fascia

And here is a demonstration of foam rolling however, I would recommend going slower than this guy does but you can get an idea of how to position yourself on the foam roller. I would spend about 30 seconds rolling out each area and spend about ten seconds of steady pressure when you come across a tender point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Banshee20

Banshee20

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome post Creator, thanks for taking the time to write this! I use the foam roller at least once per day....and I often use a medicine ball to roll out my hip flexors as well. I have found it to be very beneficial to my flexibility and in relieving soreness.

I actually just brought one of my foam rolls to work last week to give a friend a demonstration and encourage him to use it. :)

Banshee

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome post Creator, thanks for taking the time to write this! I use the foam roller at least once per day....and I often use a medicine ball to roll out my hip flexors as well. I have found it to be very beneficial to my flexibility and in relieving soreness.

I actually just brought one of my foam rolls to work last week to give a friend a demonstration and encourage him to use it. :)

Banshee

Nice! Its always good to hear that others benifit from the foam roller as well. I have many of my clients use the medicine ball for piriformis rolling too!

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It only coast $55 buck to get a deep tissue massge for an hour.. but I think I fucked my back on yesterdays DB rows so.. I gotta get a 2 hour session... next Sat.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I didn't watch the whole second video, or the first one, but I thought that guy was getting a little too close to the knee when rolling the IT band. Always make sure you never go over tendons, ligaments or bone tissue. Honestly, though, foam rolling is great and a cheap way to better performance.

shivsiddh

shivsiddh

this thing is awesome for the chest too

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome read! very interesting tool u can use to enahnce performance and flexbility!