• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

For all the Mortal Kombat fans in here

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I wonder how they're going to do Goro? hehe

Well seeing as how this looks like it would be based of MKII i dont think Goro would be in it, esp since cage is dead and cage is the one who defeats goro.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Wow Reptile with Harlequin Ischthyosis? Baraka as a Plastic Surgeon with body mods? Scorpion as a protagonist? Sonya Is a MILF? This may actually be the best video game to movie transition. This movie has more potential to be better then the last few Mortal Kombat games.

One thing that doesnt make sense... "Johnny Cage... The action Hero.... We had him working for us undercover" because we all know movie stars are inconspicuous.... but he's dead so fuck it.

That baby reptile clip was kinda lame since it's a totally different thing.

What are you talking about? the fact that there were mutiple babies with harlequin ichthyosis? If thats the case then i think they were just showing cases of the disease.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Hey Guys, more good news for Mortal Kombat fans

I'm so glad they ditched the 3d gameplay and went for a 2 1/2 D gameplay. I havent liked the Mortal Kombat games since the classics, they needed to bring it back to its roots.

I wonder if Street Fighter IV inspired them to go back to what worked, sega is going in the same direction by bringing Sonic 4 to a 2 1/2 D gameplay and ditching that crap 3d gameplay that hasnt worked since Sonic Adventure 2.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
^^ YES! <3 u lol

This is fucking awesome! double awesome! and yeah it's good that they are back to basics. :headbang:

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
from that same site
Update: Actress Jeri Ryan, the actress portraying Sonya Blade in the video, has confirmed via Twitter that this is a short film created by a director to sell Warner Bros. on his Mortal Kombat pitch. "It's not a game trailer. Actually was made for the director to sell WB on his vision for a reimagined MK film," Ryan says on her Twitter page, adding " I did it as a favor to a friend. No idea yet what WB's reaction to it was." Thanks to Zimnick for pointing us towards Jeri's updates!

-That game trailer looks sick though

edit-
Update 6/9: Crave Online has posted an exclusive interview with Matt Mullins, the actor who portrays Johnny Cage in the short film. From the article:

It has been really cool to see all of the buzz about the short. The truth is, the short is about showing a vision of what the next Mortal Kombat movie can be. I think it is a very well thought out concept that pays homage to the video game and its fans. The attention to detail and the little elements added will set this film apart from all the other films.
Thanks to Ed Boon's twitter post for the update!

Update 6/10: Collider has obtained an exclusive interview with the director of the short film, Kevin Tancharoen. Among several of the details revealed here, some include the plan to balance the series's mysticism and special powers with the real world and that the writer of Rebirth was Oren Uziel, a name revealed several months ago as the intended writer of the next Mortal Kombat movie. There is an audio transcript of the interview at the link above for further details.

Second update 6/10: On his Twitter, Ed Boon has finally stated his opinion of the video:

A million people asked me what I thought of the MK Rebirth video. Personally I thought it was awesome. Super high production quality!
But I was just as surprised to see it as everyone else. I had no idea it was being made until it showed up on the internets. All 3 internets
Its TOTALLY different & probably crosses the line. But as a "re-imagining" and as a film piece on its own, u can't deny its well put 2gether
With the release of the teaser trailer for the new game, it's unknown what will happen with the "Rebirth" concept. However, Ed's comments indicate that while he liked it, the chances of it making to theaters are very very slim. If more surfaces, we'll keep you up to date.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I hope they do decide to make the film and i hope it lives up to the potential the short set up.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Some footage from the game, its kinda bad quality but you can see the animations are good and its gory

EDIT: Much Better quality

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
^^ Kung Lao's fatality in the last vid at the end is fucking awesome!!!! :turborun:

THAT'S MORTAL KOMBAT!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
FUuUUUUUu

2ugcfh1-1.gif