• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

For The Smokers

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I just wanted to post a smiley like everyone else :dunnodude:

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
my grandfather is 90 years old right now, quit smoking 40-50 years ago, and about 3 years ago he started having problems and has to always have his oxygen with him and has all this other shit in his apartment. It's scary to see.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
my grandfather is 90 years old right now, quit smoking 40-50 years ago, and about 3 years ago he started having problems and has to always have his oxygen with him and has all this other shit in his apartment. It's scary to see.

Sounds like emphysema. Is that what he has? My grandmother has a similar problem and is almost at the point where an oxygen machine is needed.

Its sad to see because it could have so simply been avoided :disgust:.

P

power

i smoke a close to a pack a day, sometimes more cuz i drink almost everyday too. ive stopped training because of booze. these days id rather get drunk then workout. my lifestyle has gone to complete shit because of depression and stress so i turned to booze.

Get help for your depression, the fire in you still lives.

:xyxthumbs:

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I just smoke weed. Rarely.

Smoking will not help with oxygenation of tissue. So you long time smokers are not going to be able to lift as much as you could without smoking.

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sounds like emphysema. Is that what he has? My grandmother has a similar problem and is almost at the point where an oxygen machine is needed.

Its sad to see because it could have so simply been avoided :disgust:.

im pretty sure thats what it is. It's just weird cause he quit 40 years ago and was always active. Seeing how many people smoke cigarettes here at college makes me wonder...

PrizeFighteR

PrizeFighteR

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm a big cigar fan, but I only smoke them and sometimes cigarettes when I am drunk which is 2-3 times a month, I don't think they have a huge affect on my training. Can't be good though.

Didn't see Lionheart as a smoker :disgust:

V

vdawg

mmmm

Are joking or not? That's something that's not funny and you should probably see someone. If anything, going to the gym would be a step forward. Anyway, hope thangs get better.

i had quit smoking for 7 months and i had stopped drinking and i was getting back in shape but i had problems with finding a job and kept letting other ppl make a decision for me which always turned out to be the wrong one so it just kept building up, plus with my crazy gf who just wont let me break up with her.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ruehl is smoking, he's one big dude so it can't be that bad.. also charles glass..

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Smokings bad, mmkaay

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i smoke weed sometimes, cigs and blacks when drinking sometimes. dont effect me. grand dad smoked all the time and did chew, lived to be mid 80s died of cancer. grandma been smoking like a chimney all here life, no problems. same with parents :wutyousay:

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i had quit smoking for 7 months and i had stopped drinking and i was getting back in shape but i had problems with finding a job and kept letting other ppl make a decision for me which always turned out to be the wrong one so it just kept building up, plus with my crazy gf who just wont let me break up with her.

First off I'd really see a counselor because I've been there, and being depressed is the worst feeling imo.

As of now, get in the gym. I don't care if you get on the bike or you do some curls just give yourself some motivation to better yourself in every way.

Also, I'd search as hard as you can to find a job. Look everywhere, retail isn't as bad as you think if you find a reputable company that has shown to have kindness towards their employees; Walmart is a bad choice.

Hope everything works out man, if you need anything hit me with a PM :xyxthumbs:

V

vdawg

First off I'd really see a counselor because I've been there, and being depressed is the worst feeling imo.

As of now, get in the gym. I don't care if you get on the bike or you do some curls just give yourself some motivation to better yourself in every way.

Also, I'd search as hard as you can to find a job. Look everywhere, retail isn't as bad as you think if you find a reputable company that has shown to have kindness towards their employees; Walmart is a bad choice.

Hope everything works out man, if you need anything hit me with a PM :xyxthumbs:

i had a good job in a sawmill but that went down the shitter because the lumber industry here in northern ontario is falling apart, mills are closing everywhere. i do have a job now that pays 1000 a week clear, but its for a contractor and i only get work when he gets a contract and sometimes its weeks at a time with no work and im not all that depressed anymore, just hate this fucken town and people in my life

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
people who smoke at the entrance of a mall and at a bus stop deserve sweet chin music

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I generally smoke anywhere from 2g - 6g of weed a day. Sometimes more depending on how good or bad it is. I also smoke anywhere from 10 - 14 cigs (Peter Jackson or DuMaurier) a day. I smoke a lot Bullseye Cigarillos, Captian Blacks, Colts, Colts Mini, PomPoms, Century Sam, and at least 1 blunt wrap a day. I enjoy a nice fine cigar every now and again. Usually spend a few bucks a month on a nice Romeo y Julieta (mostly for blunts), Cohiba, Monte Cristo, Partagas, Crispin Patino, or whatever else arouses my intrest.

As for the question, I think eventually it does have some effect, but I know plenty of smokers and for the length of time they have been smoking (some upwards of 60 years) they have had a relatively clean bill of health and work out on a regular basis. There was only one person I know of that had a trach done from throat cancer, but 1 out of god knows how many isn't too bad. I think the way some people are going, they have more of a chance of getting skin cancer from tanning too much, or liver diseases from alcoholism. Anti-Tobacco and Anti-Marijuana are way, way over-hyped. It hasn't effected my training per-se, but it has deff made me lazier.

To quote Dennis Leary "They could come in a black pack. Call them "Toumers" and smokers would be lined up around the block for 'em. What's the new law now, you need to smoke in your apartment, under a blanket, with all the lights out? What the fuck is that?"

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
its not even the dieseases that it causes that makes it shit. Its the cigarette breathe. The stained lips and teeth. the stainging on the fingers. I REFUSE to date a girl (she would have to be awesome for me to even fuck her) if she smokes or has smokers breathe.

Bone Yard

Bone Yard

my grandpaw has been smoking his whole life..what it did to him?..he has enfasema(spelling)and he's been breathing hard from it ever since I was born(about 20 years). He's still plugging along though at like 82. My point is wether it affects your health or training now is not that huge, but later on in life it can catch up to you. Some people smoke their whole livs and nothing happens, but some don't get lucky.

your grandfather has iron lungs. :imcoolurnot:

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
its not even the dieseases that it causes that makes it shit. Its the cigarette breathe. The stained lips and teeth. the stainging on the fingers. I REFUSE to date a girl (she would have to be awesome for me to even fuck her) if she smokes or has smokers breathe.

I'm pretty OCD when it comes to washing my hands. So I don't have a problem with smokey hands or stained fingers. I'm the same OCD when I brush my teeth. Wash my hands 10+ times a day and brush my teeth 4 - 5 times a day. I'm always chewing gum or have listerine breath-strips too.

Would you fuck me? :gaygay:

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok first off, for everyone who answered my question thankyou. For the rest of you who decided to point out everything that's wrong with smoking and tell me the health risks (which I've been told 1000x times), I didn't ask for that, so pull your heads out of your asses. We've all seen the smoking commericals, we all know what can potentially happen.

I can tell you why I smoke, to relax. If your on the go like I am majority of the day there's nothing more relaxing then leaning back in a chair and lighting up a smoke, with the exception of lighting up a joint (right beefy :linedrunk:). Watch a south park episode people. "If I get cancer when I'm 80 I don't care who the hell wants to be 90 anyway?" :49:

But seriously, it's a choice and people need to respect it. Getting put down about it isn't going to make anyone quit.