• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Fox Cancels Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Family Guy is terrible.

lmao. what, is it the ancedotes that have nothing to do with the story line? as seth macfarlene says, quite hilariously, "those boys at south park got it right, they do have nothing to do with the story line, they're just there to by funny"

you're sense of humor is skewed if you don't find that show funny. i've never laughed so hard at a cartoon in my life.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lmao. what, is it the ancedotes that have nothing to do with the story line? as seth macfarlene says, quite hilariously, "those boys at south park got it right, they do have nothing to do with the story line, they're just there to by funny"

you're sense of humor is skewed if you don't find that show funny. i've never laughed so hard at a cartoon in my life.

Everything Line does,sees ,smells and listens to is.. serious business remember.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
24 is awesome, best show on TV hands down. If you take the time to watch a few episodes starting from the beginning, I can't see how one can disagree.

Season 1 trailer

Last edited by a moderator:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The list Pain posted from Fox plus a few more:

24 - Has its moments

Prison break - :deadhorse:

Lost - this show can be summed up with: they are on the island, nothing happens, some more nothing happens, nothing happens, something looks like it will happen, some more nothing after a possible something..... you are now up to date.

Terminator - crappy acting, clearly no respect for logical canonicity.

Heroes - started well but become a Lost clone very quickly.

Dexter - I enjoy this, but have only seen the first two seasons. Apparently the books jump the shark so I expect the show to as well.

House - Hugh Laurie makes this show. The rest of the cast and plot is just an excuse to get him to insult people.

Family Guy - ROCKS!!!

Simpsons - Not in its hayday anymore but is still quite watchable.

Supernatural - Good fun, its another Buffy.

Life - has its moments.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
you're sense of humor is skewed if you don't find that show funny.
Yes, because your narrow-minded self can't see past the idea that your perspective on intangibly defined ideas - like taste in humor, emotional resonance, and intellectual stimulation - can't extend beyond your own capability to comprehend such matters, a comprehension you exhibit poorly.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes, because your narrow-minded self can't see past the idea that your perspective on intangibly defined ideas - like taste in humor, emotional resonance, and intellectual stimulation - can't extend beyond your own capability to comprehend such matters, a comprehension you exhibit poorly.

lol wat? you're gonna have to say it in english buzz killington.

though you may believe this, i view you're recumbent hypothesis to be skewed in reverance. though you display fine resonance in your candor of such parabolas, i find your meconium to be rather shallow and pedantic. to infer that such fibrillations can be anything than satirical is nostlagic and requeim in it's voluptiousness. either way i think you derive capricious alcrity in your petiulent serendipity and wish you torpid providence in every opaque.

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

though you may believe this, i view you're recumbent hypothesis to be skewed in reverance. though you display fine resonance in your candor of such parabolas, i find your meconium to be rather shallow and pedantic. to infer that such fibrillations can be anything than satirical is nostlagic and requeim in it's voluptiousness. either way i think you derive capricious alcrity in your petiulent serendipity and wish you torpid providence in every opaque.

:omgwtf:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

You didn't actually redress his statement correctly thesaurus boy :bitelip:

hulk777

hulk777

kiefer sutherland must never get any sleep on 24. since hes up 24/7 lol.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP

I'll dumb everything down for you here, because, let's face it, that's really what you're asking, your response is reeling.

-You can only see things from your own perspective. Note that "see" is being used here, not as a sensory term, but as one referring to the comprehension of higher matters. This is a fact, though I'm afraid I may have lost you already.
-You seem to ignore the main point of the above statement and too often consider your taste in subjective manners to be universal truths. Ah ha! While you may say I'm just as guilty of this as you, I direct you to the dozens of times I've qualified my statements of distaste (including about Family Guy but especially in movies. Remember our Crash talk?). Still, you assume I don't like it because it's not a show I find funny and because the plot is non-linear -- a statement on your part that I've yet to confirm or disconfirm or even allude to. I'd like to take this opportunity to say these facets are hardly the only reason I find the show to be awful.
-I'm not alone in my feelings for Family Guy, but enjoy your bubble. I get my humor elsewhere and I'm not sure why this bothers you so or why my taste is automatically rejected by you, the grand spokesman for the layman.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i agree with line that family guy is horrible. ive just never gotten why so many people thinks its so funny. ive watched some episodes of it, and not once did i really laugh. south park on the other hand is brilliant! i dont think it can be compared to family guy.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
i agree with line that family guy is horrible. ive just never gotten why so many people thinks its so funny. ive watched some episodes of it, and not once did i really laugh. south park on the other hand is brilliant! i dont think it can be compared to family guy.
And, believe it or not, there are more of us! Those who don't like Family Guy for one reason or another, whether it's as simple as them not finding it funny or as complex as people being disappointed that the show has evolved from something of wit to a pap smear of pop culture and misdirected commentaries. Reasons can be cast aside though, we don't need them. Together, as a group, we unite in this ridiculous war of taste and will take no prisoners. It's time for everyone to choose a side. You've chosen wisely.

:icon_ninja:

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
And, believe it or not, there are more of us! Those who don't like Family Guy for one reason or another, whether it's as simple as them not finding it funny or as complex as people being disappointed that the show has evolved from something of wit to a pap smear of pop culture and misdirected commentaries. Reasons can be cast aside though, we don't need them. Together, as a group, we unite in this ridiculous war of taste and will take no prisoners. It's time for everyone to choose a side. You've chosen wisely.

:icon_ninja:

haha, epic:rofl3:

ill follow u to hell and back if i must, at the end of the day all that matters is that we took a stand and chose to fight back whereas others sat back and willingly let this disease infect their lives:icon_ninja:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll dumb everything down for you here, because, let's face it, that's really what you're asking, your response is reeling.

-You can only see things from your own perspective. Note that "see" is being used here, not as a sensory term, but as one referring to the comprehension of higher matters. This is a fact, though I'm afraid I may have lost you already.
-You seem to ignore the main point of the above statement and too often consider your taste in subjective manners to be universal truths. Ah ha! While you may say I'm just as guilty of this as you, I direct you to the dozens of times I've qualified my statements of distaste (including about Family Guy but especially in movies. Remember our Crash talk?). Still, you assume I don't like it because it's not a show I find funny and because the plot is non-linear -- a statement on your part that I've yet to confirm or disconfirm or even allude to. I'd like to take this opportunity to say these facets are hardly the only reason I find the show to be awful.
-I'm not alone in my feelings for Family Guy, but enjoy your bubble. I get my humor elsewhere and I'm not sure why this bothers you so or why my taste is automatically rejected by you, the grand spokesman for the layman.

oh goodness. i understood the initial statment there dude, that last post was just mockery of how you tend to talk. there wasn't a coherent sentence after "buzz killington" :music: (an inside joke i didn't fully expect you to get seeing as it's from the show)

you want to know why i pounce on your opinions more than others? because you tend to pass all of them off as universal truths, or at the least, that's how they usually always sound. it irks someone easily irkable like me :shakefist: and whatever i'm a pot fine, i guess it takes one to know one.

had you, for example, said something along the lines of, "i can't stand family guy" or "i find family guy to be worthless" or something else besides "family guy IS a terrible show" i really wouldn't have cared. you ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION GOOD SIR. but when you say something like that, and i, being a family guy fan see it, i disagree vehemently because that universal statment isn't accurate. i'm not exactly sure why you dislike family guy, if you care to share that go right ahead, but don't go saying that the show is unequivocally terrible when there are far MORE people who feel the way i do than you do (sure you're not alone in disliking family guy, but you're far outnumbered against those that do :thumbsup2:)

oh, and one more thing, you're demeaning at times. saying something like "i fear i may have lost you already" makes me lol, then it makes me respond unfavorably. let's be kind now, this layman can only take so much.

and too often consider your taste in subject matters to be universal truths

i think you sum it up quite well.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
oh goodness. i understood the initial statment there dude, that last post was just mockery of how you tend to talk. there wasn't a coherent sentence after "buzz killington" :music: (an inside joke i didn't fully expect you to get seeing as it's from the show)
You know, I have seen the show and did get the "inside joke". I also understood you were being purposefully mocking.
Duality said:
you want to know why i pounce on your opinions more than others? because you tend to pass all of them off as universal truths, or at the least, that's how they usually always sound. it irks someone easily irkable like me :shakefist: and whatever i'm a pot fine, i guess it takes one to know one.
I've addressed this already in this very thread.
had you, for example, said something along the lines of, "i can't stand family guy" or "i find family guy to be worthless" or something else besides "family guy IS a terrible show" i really wouldn't have cared. you ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION GOOD SIR. but when you say something like that, and i, being a family guy fan see it, i disagree vehemently because that universal statment isn't accurate.
Tech said every show on Fox sucks except for Family Guy, which is something that a hell of a lot more people would "vehemently disagree with" in comparison to my own statement.
Duality said:
i'm not exactly sure why you dislike family guy, if you care to share that go right ahead, but don't go saying that the show is unequivocally terrible when there are far MORE people who feel the way i do than you do (sure you're not alone in disliking family guy, but you're far outnumbered against those that do :thumbsup2:)
Quite an assumption that a group of people are smarter than the individual. Coincidentally, I'm not making the converse argument here, just pointing out the fault in your own.
Duality said:
oh, and one more thing, you're demeaning at times.
Well aware, thanks.
Duality said:
i think you sum it up quite well.
Yes, when you take it out of context and ignore the statement I made following this one, it would sum up the point you're trying to make, but, alas, I did make that statement. Thusly, this isn't how argument really works.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Originally posted by Line
You know, I have seen the show and did get the "inside joke". I also understood you were being purposefully mocking.

:2:

Tech said every show on Fox sucks except for Family Guy, which is something that a hell of a lot more people would "vehemently disagree with" in comparison to my own statement.

ya, and it's also tech. though i've never met him, nor you, it's safe to say there's a personality difference. he has a highly humorous approach to almost everything he posts. a post made by you is different than a post made by him.

Quite an assumption that a group of people are smarter than the individual. Coincidentally, I'm not making the converse argument here, just pointing out the fault in your own.

what??? and don't respond with some snide remark, i get what you're saying, it's just unapplicable. i was throwing the same point you made back at you in you claiming you weren't alone in your opinions, which is true.

Well aware, thanks.

ah, from demeaning to sarcastic, nice :headbang:

Yes, when you take it out of context and ignore the statement I made following this one, it would sum up the point you're trying to make, but, alas, I did make that statement. Thusly, this isn't how argument really works.

no, it does work this way. i reused your statment, claiming fault in myself, to help drive home my feelings that you yourself posses this same fault of sorts. why you think that since you said it first and i reiterate it deems it null i don't know. i'm aware of my faults and shortcomings, one of them being overly opinionated at times. it bothers me that you can't admit yours.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
ya, and it's also tech. though i've never met him, nor you, it's safe to say there's a personality difference. he has a highly humorous approach to almost everything he posts. a post made by you is different than a post made by him.
I'm allowed to joke as well though, even if I wasn't here, but that isn't really the point anyway. You personally felt - in one way or another - "attacked" because my post conflicted with what your opinion of the show is and you felt I was being dismissive. However, instead of inquiring as to why I dislike the show (to your credit, you did kinda-but-not-really-ask later on) you felt the need to say my sense of humor is askew, which implies, as I stated in my last post, that I don't find it and its over-reliance on non sequiturs funny. But ask yourself, would I really call the show "terrible" if this were the case; if my sense of humor disagreed with someone else's, would I baselessly insult them? Come on, you know me better than this.
Duality said:
what??? and don't respond with some snide remark, i get what you're saying, it's just unapplicable. i was throwing the same point you made back at you in you claiming you weren't alone in your opinions, which is true.
Of course it's applicable. You used the "strength in numbers argument" in order to weigh your opinion of the show and I'm telling you it's a shallow, evasive tactic in debate. I could care less what popular opinion is, as the American public doesn't exactly have the best barometer in taste, whatever the medium.
Duality said:
ah, from demeaning to sarcastic, nice :headbang:
I'd like to think I well represent the entire spectrum of online emoting.
Duality said:
no, it does work this way. i reused your statment, claiming fault in myself, to help drive home my feelings that you yourself posses this same fault of sorts. why you think that since you said it first and i reiterate it deems it null i don't know. i'm aware of my faults and shortcomings, one of them being overly opinionated at times. it bothers me that you can't admit yours.
I'm not sure what exactly you're digging for here. I mean, you generally argue with me about matters that you're completely outclassed in and, again, I've done well in representing and qualifying my opinions when asked to, as to avoid any dismissive labels. Regardless, my contention is that what you quoted has little to do with this and I find your reply tangential, either that or you're mistaken. I posted this:
Line said:
Ah ha! While you may say I'm just as guilty of this as you, I direct you to the dozens of times I've qualified my statements of distaste (including about Family Guy but especially in movies. Remember our Crash talk?).
You can't take the sentence that comes before that out of context, especially because the above is the crux of my point. This is what doesn't work in your argument. This is what I was referring to. By ignoring it, you basically concede your argument, or at least this portion of it.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Originally posted by Line
I'm allowed to joke as well though, even if I wasn't here, but that isn't really the point anyway. You personally felt - in one way or another - "attacked" because my post conflicted with what your opinion of the show is and you felt I was being dismissive. However, instead of inquiring as to why I dislike the show (to your credit, you did kinda-but-not-really-ask later on) you felt the need to say my sense of humor is askew, which implies, as I stated in my last post, that I don't find it and its over-reliance on non sequiturs funny. But ask yourself, would I really call the show "terrible" if this were the case; if my sense of humor disagreed with someone else's, would I baselessly insult them? Come on, you know me better than this.

ok. no issue here.

Of course it's applicable. You used the "strength in numbers argument" in order to weigh your opinion of the show and I'm telling you it's a shallow, evasive tactic in debate. I could care less what popular opinion is, as the American public doesn't exactly have the best barometer in taste, whatever the medium.

i really don't understand how you're overlooking this. YOU initially said something along the lines of "i'm not alone in my view of family guy", to which i responded, in an effort to show how that ISN'T an arguement, that there are far more that would agree with me than would with you. i was using this to show how what you said wasn't a point at all, not as ammunition for my arguement. you're right, it's not a valid claim, it's a bandwagon fallacy. the only reason i used it was to point out that what you said wasn't valid. it was an example more or less.

I'd like to think I well represent the entire spectrum of online emoting.

well it appears you have condescending down pat!

I'm not sure what exactly you're digging for here. I mean, you generally argue with me about matters that you're completely outclassed in and, again, I've done well in representing and qualifying my opinions when asked to, as to avoid any dismissive labels. Regardless, my contention is that what you quoted has little to do with this and I find your reply tangential, either that or you're mistaken. I posted this:

now this, this is agitating. just what in God's good name joe, besides film, have you "outclassed" myself in? laughing. my. ass. off. seriously. you are very intelligent, but your superiority complex is really your downfall. i'm sorry did you think you just completely owned me in the athlete debate? i want a real reply here. you think you honestly "outclassed" myself in our discussion about athletics? i am in no way saying i was the winner of the debate, it was a good discussion, but if you think that it was a shooting gallery from your side than you have a poor perception of reality. i do think however you made many a worthwhile point, as did myself.

You can't take the sentence that comes before that out of context, especially because the above is the crux of my point. This is what doesn't work in your argument. This is what I was referring to. By ignoring it, you basically concede your argument, or at least this portion of it.

i took that sentence "out of context" because it was worded more or less exactly how i was going to say it. i found it ironic that for the opinionated issues you believe me to have, i find you to have these same issues. so i quoted you, and told you how well you put it. if you'd have prefered it i would have just typed the thing out instead of just quoting it as my response was going to entail a something very similar anyways.

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah i was wrong in saying they had bad taste because anyone and everyone is differen't and have different opinions but you stated me saying masterpeice, downfall was and refering to this
They don't have to be your top 3 favorite movies, just 3 movies you think anyone can enjoy.
I definitly would of put it in this catergory of enjoyable films so for what your deriving your information from me saying true lies is a masterpeice is unknown to me and you clearly are the twat because They are bothe good movies. That was the point i was giving clearly, you need to repolish your english because I still think you have a hard understanding of what twat means or enjoyable film means for that matter. If you think true lies or commando or downfall isn't close to enjoyable then 1. you don't have a sense of humor, 2. You are a hater for action and drama.:doh:

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah i was wrong in saying they had bad taste because anyone and everyone is differen't and have different opinions but you stated me saying masterpeice, downfall was and refering to this
I definitly would of put it in this catergory of enjoyable films so for what your deriving your information from me saying true lies is a masterpeice is unknown to me and you clearly are the twat because They are bothe good movies. That was the point i was giving clearly, you need to repolish your english because I still think you have a hard understanding of what twat means or enjoyable film means for that matter. If you think true lies or commando or downfall isn't close to enjoyable then 1. you don't have a sense of humor, 2. You are a hater for action and drama.:doh:

Thread is name 3 movies you recommend everyone watching, you thus hold them in high regard. The thread itself wasn't listed as enjoyable films, if it was i would have stated transformers was an "enjoyable film". However CGI and pretty cololful explosions don't necessarily make a good movie. Yes i overexaggerated when I said you refered to them as a masterpiece but i definatley wouldn't recommend them as "must see movies".

On a lighter note I find my grasp of the english language to be satisfactory.

lulz