• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

FST-7

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
^^^

Thak´s a lot Pete I'm trying this today probably with side lateral flyes machine!

I'll post here later, how it went!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looking forward to it bro!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Oh please don't tell me that this is another program that adds volume to HIT programs in order to fix up "lagging" parts because you don't do enough volume in the first place!?

Looks like the actual program is really just a continuous motion/extended pump. Nothing really amazing there. It would probably be a good idea, but you'd have to be pretty well developed before it would be worth worrying about. Beginers thru Intermediates (even "advanced") would do better to add weight to the bar in a progressive manner. I like the idea of having the work sets and then finishing with a lighter accessory, which is what this sounds like, except done for 7 sets......... why 7, why not 8 or 6 or 2??

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
First off, and I'm actually being serious. Why are you such an asshole on every thread that you don't completely agree with?

Secondly, I completely agree with you. I'm all for forward progression with adding weights to the bar each week. And also for the addition of an easier isolation exercise after the compound heavy stuff. That's how I train, and it's been working pretty damn well. I'm not going to change the way I train, I just want to try something different. If it doesn't work, oh well, I wasted a little bit of time and energy. If I strike gold, then awesome. And seven isn't really a magic number, its what Hany Rambod suggests. From what I've been reading from a lot of people have a difficult time after about 5 sets, but the 6th and 7th is a barrier that takes them to a new level of stretching the fascia.

I'm going to leave you with this. You can still have forward progression of weights with adding this to the program. And stretching of the fascia is definitely key to muscle growth. even HIT includes extreme stretching when finished with the lifting. The FST-7 is just another and possibly better way of doing so.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
First off, and I'm actually being serious. Why are you such an asshole on every thread that you don't completely agree with?

Secondly, I completely agree with you. I'm all for forward progression with adding weights to the bar each week. And also for the addition of an easier isolation exercise after the compound heavy stuff. That's how I train, and it's been working pretty damn well. I'm not going to change the way I train, I just want to try something different. If it doesn't work, oh well, I wasted a little bit of time and energy. If I strike gold, then awesome. And seven isn't really a magic number, its what Hany Rambod suggests. From what I've been reading from a lot of people have a difficult time after about 5 sets, but the 6th and 7th is a barrier that takes them to a new level of stretching the fascia.

I'm going to leave you with this. You can still have forward progression of weights with adding this to the program. And stretching of the fascia is definitely key to muscle growth. even HIT includes extreme stretching when finished with the lifting. The FST-7 is just another and possibly better way of doing so.
What's with the attitude?? :xmaseek3ugh:

I'm stating that there have been a lot of programs specifically marketed around similar ideals of fascia stretching (etc). TJ said this as well. It is just another one of those! Also HIT has had so many nails put in the lid of its coffin with the peer reviewed research that it is only fair to stop people going off in the wrong direction.

I'm a scientist and I read science. I don't go looking for the new wizz bang program, I figure out what the important things to do are based on the evidence and go from there. For the record I have nothing against fascia stretching and said that I actually do something similar myself, just I haven't created a fancy logo and webpage to promote it. My comments were made in order to stop the panacea approach to training that was being taken, and is taken with all of these new programs. Because in all fairness there is nothing special about 7 sets, nor fascia stretching, nor trying to incurr a whole heap of DOMS.

Can you please gather some comprehension skills before firing shots at me. I wasn't having a go at you.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's all good bro, I agree with a lot of what you have to say. But don't accuse me of having the attitude when you do as well. "gather some comprehension skills". If that's not condescending I don't know what is.

GetSize

GetSize

Whatup PP. Just an update. I figured I'd try FST on every body part for this week and see what best applies to me. Since its def more taxing on that body part. My leg workout looked like this

Leg Extensions 4 Sets
Front Squats 3 Sets
Hack Squats 3 Sets
Leg Press 3 Sets

Leg Extension 7 Set 12 reps

I have to say that it was extremely difficult making it back into the locker room. On the other hand I still have a pump in my legs and I trained them Wednesday. I do pose every night for about 20mins so that probably assisted in keeping them pumped. Then just last night I did Back. This was the workout

BB Rows 4 Sets
DB Row (Hammerstrength) 4 Sets
Front Pulldowns 4 Sets

Seated Closegrip Rows 7 Sets

I normally get a great pump in my back anyway but I still feel "full". I finally got my Midback issues worked out. I know now how to squeeze and focus on contracting that part of the back. Doing the closegrip rows last I was able to get the proper mechanics down. I pulled the Vbar higher more towards my chest as opposed to my waist...this also made a big difference.

Today is Chest and Bi's so Im going to use Hammer Strength Incline for the last 7 and hammer strength preacher curl for last 7 of Biceps.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks for the update bro!

Those leg extensions must have been killer. Especially since you did them in the beginning of your workout. Do you do those first four sets as a warm up for the rest of your leg workout, or are they higher weight working sets? just wondering.

Good to hear you got the middle back problem on lock down! I hope all the advice from everybody helps. How does your middle back feel after the FST-7?

GetSize

GetSize

The first 4 sets are considered "warm up" but it never ends up being that. I usually end up making it a working exercise with higher weight. Yea bro everyone here was a huge help! And I appreciate all the suggestions. Well see the results for my next show which is penciled in the calender! Mid back feels great! Right away I got an extreme pump. Most of my problems were mechanics and focus. The FST7 worked great. The pace gives me an incredible pump. I also got rid of the Poweraid and started drinking only water now for proper hydration. I'll rely on my preworkout meal for energy.

How about you bro what body parts are you using FST7? And what exercises did you find work best?

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No magic to this, but sounds like a decent way to "finish off".

Concentrate on progressive overload, making small gains in weight to the bar each week while keeping the same reps, and with good form, first and foremost. If you want to finish off with FST-7, FST-11, or FST 27, whatevs, sounds cool.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm right there with you ironslave. That's exactly what I'm doing. I just basically realized that EVERYTHING I did was low reps with compound movements. Which is fine, and great for growth and strength. I just felt like I needed a little more volume and a "finishing movement" at the end. I'm still going to be progressive with weights in it though, just like you said.

I did the FST-7 at the end of my leg workout tonight. Really focused on the movement, working the correct muscles, etc etc. I did 7 sets of 12 on leg press. Man I was toasted at the end of this. The pump was definitely huge. I'm going to be adding a bit of weight next time. It was hard as hell, but I could definitely move up in weight a bit.

GetSize

GetSize

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/1362/79/

According to contest guru, Hany Rambod, Jay Cutler will be working with himfor the 2009 offseason period. Jay contacted the man they call the "Pro Creator" about trying his new FST-7 training system in an effort to help re-stimulate his body and help foster new muscle gains. It seems as though Jay is looking for a new tool to help sharpen his physique for his push to regain the Olympia crown he lost this past September to Dexter Jackson. Many felt that had Cutler brought the fine-tuned, round-bellied, physique he had in 2001 and 2006, he would have easily retained the crown. In a year where the Olympia crown seems to be up for grabs, Jay's taking this "advice" to heart by switching up trainers for the first time in his long, illustrious, career.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Repost. Check the main section.

Essensen

Essensen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Charles Poliquin once wrote that if you want to bring up a lagging bodypart just start off with 10 sets of it and finish with 10 sets of it in your session. In the same way FST-7 is simply just adding some volume to the lagging bodypart - nothing magical there :)

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How meny times can the FST-7 be used during each week?

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Depends on the persons recovery, and how they have their workout split set up. I know some people that use FST-7 with every bodypart, and some people that only use it on 1-3 bodyparts that are lagging.

What I would do is try to doing the FST-7 for a couple lagging bodyparts. If you can recover well enough that it doesn't interfere with your other lifts during the week, then add in more fst-7 sessions for other body parts.

big barry

big barry

I have been using FST for around amonth, and for what ever reason under the sun. It seems to work, i have been using it for chest, shoulders & traps.

My clothes are getting tighter, so either i am getting bigger or i am washing my clothes on the wrong setting

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Depends on the persons recovery, and how they have their workout split set up. I know some people that use FST-7 with every bodypart, and some people that only use it on 1-3 bodyparts that are lagging.

What I would do is try to doing the FST-7 for a couple lagging bodyparts. If you can recover well enough that it doesn't interfere with your other lifts during the week, then add in more fst-7 sessions for other body parts.

I Would only be useing FST-7 for Chest & back & calves
as they are pretty much my weakest weak points, But then again im also hitting chest twice every 2nd week and back twice every other week

my Routine split is like this.

Monday: Chest & biceps
tuesday: Back &
Wednesday: Shoulders & triceps
Thursday: Off
Friday: Quads & calves
Saturday:chest & Biceps
Sunday:eek:ff

Monday: Back
Tuesday: Chest
Wednesday: Quads
Thursday: off
Friday: Shoulders
Saturday:Back
Sunday:eek:ff

And it continues to rotate around like so.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Since your hitting chest and back twice bi weekly. I would use the FST-7 for the week you only hit the body part once. So for example, you'd only be using FST-7 for chest once out of three workouts. Calves, I would use the FST-7 every week.

I think that should put you in the right direction. See how your body reacts, and give us some updates on how it worked for you!

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Since your hitting chest and back twice bi weekly. I would use the FST-7 for the week you only hit the body part once. So for example, you'd only be using FST-7 for chest once out of three workouts. Calves, I would use the FST-7 every week.

I think that should put you in the right direction. See how your body reacts, and give us some updates on how it worked for you!

I Like the way your thinking there bro and good idea with useing the FST-7
on chest and back that week where im only hitting that body part once, for example, next week it will be 1 day of chest so ill use it then.
pretty much every 2nd week it will be either 2 back/1chest or 2 chest/ 1 back
which there ill include it.

i tried FST-7 With calves last night an awesome pump and decent soreness.

btw i repped you for your supportive help and advice bro :2: