• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Great Mike Mentzer and Ray Mentzer Training Video

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good videos btw, he was underrated IMO..

Sometimes, also sometimes he would wait up to even 2 weeks for another workout. I dont think he had a set time kind of went by how he felt and how his muscles were recovering. I think a general waiting is 7-14 days.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I became a fan of HIT myself, I had to do two working sets per exercise instead of one though. I was getting strength gains from one, but no size and I tried that for a few months. So I now use the HIT training principles with two all out working sets per exercise and have never been as strong or thick as I am now. I recommend it to anyone, and I have in my gym. Many I have recommended it to like it and have made steady gains.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He was way ahead of his time, very intelligent man. I agree with everything he had to say. Truly a great pioneer for bodybuilding and bodybuilders to come after him.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I became a fan of HIT myself, I had to do two working sets per exercise instead of one though. I was getting strength gains from one, but no size and I tried that for a few months. So I now use the HIT training principles with two all out working sets per exercise and have never been as strong or thick as I am now. I recommend it to anyone, and I have in my gym. Many I have recommended it to like it and have made steady gains.

We can see by signature why you recommend it to everyone. :hsughr:

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
is there any scientific base backing Mentzers methods?

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Hey Braaq, you can tell HIT is working for you mate :xyxthumbs:

Yeh, it does make complete sense to train in a 1 all set fashion. Like you said Braaq, Mike was a very intelligent man and was way ahead of his time, i wish he had a O title to his name though, maybe then he wouldnt have retired when he did do.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
is there any scientific base backing Mentzers methods?
Yes and no. His methods are founded but have been shown time and time again to be less productive and ultimately flawed in comparison to other training methods. The most recent meta-analysis that I read on the topic posited (3-)4 sets of an exercise to have the most benefit. They also showed that the methods needed to make this exercise regime usefull are beyond the skillset of most lifters and can be highly detrimental to long term training health in the majority of lifters.

As much as I like readin Mike's stuff you have to keep in mind the guy was a nutcase spaced out on speed most of the time.

Also is it just me or do those vids seem just a whole lot :greddy: Serious muscle whorship stuff :keke:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes and no. His methods are founded but have been shown time and time again to be less productive and ultimately flawed in comparison to other training methods. The most recent meta-analysis that I read on the topic posited (3-)4 sets of an exercise to have the most benefit. They also showed that the methods needed to make this exercise regime usefull are beyond the skillset of most lifters and can be highly detrimental to long term training health in the majority of lifters.

As much as I like readin Mike's stuff you have to keep in mind the guy was a nutcase spaced out on speed most of the time.

Also is it just me or do those vids seem just a whole lot :greddy: Serious muscle whorship stuff :keke:

he was on drugs for a bit, ran butt naked in public once etc
but his methods are well, sure there might be other methods are there
but for those who never go from the sheer intense workouts "aka Braaq"
and others i know of, methods that push you, that force you to go beyond the limits, its all good.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff