• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Greatest Athlete of the 20th Century Elimination Thread

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am starting to see how you feel with this thread IS... with high five trying to eliminate Jordan and Rageking trying to eliminate Gretzky... it is getting frustrating and confusing how people would want to eliminate them.
This is actually a hard elimination thread, because all are great athletes in their own way and brought something great to the sports they participated in. I don't really want to "eliminate" most of them :49:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
you have a very poor definition of physically demanding and God given ability.
No.
Duality said:
perhaps you were the unathletic one at your high school who envied the real athletes and thus why you justify golf as you do? though this is a very juvenile personal stab, it's as good a response as you simply posting "lol" towards my post in your subtle little fashion of mockery.
Or I'm just tiring of your arguments and your misappropriation of baseball figures. I was a highly recognized and awarded athlete in high school who was known for my spending more time in the gym and at practice than anyone. My not playing college ball was due to my initially pursuing architecture at one of the top 15 schools for it in the country. Nice try though.
Duality said:
another clear example of your perceived superiority and really making it impossible to have an arguement with you because you are absolutely unquivering in your mindset that you are "right". i really hope you don't turn around and say the same about me because i have been very open to what you and ironslave have had to say.
The difference being I've been willing to work with your individual points and comment on them accordingly, despite how repetitious you've been and you've continuously condensed any of the more highly detailed information IS and I have been stating instead of actually discussing it. You have been fairly respectful up until this point and now you've blown it by making personal assumptions about someone you don't know.
Duality said:
i also want to say you have made many good points and have been pretty respectful. but it's little comments like this here and there that just reaffirm my beliefs. have a nice day.
Discussions can't go on forever and I'm a bit taken aback that you feel you haven't faulted in the same lines of argumentative criterion that you accuse me of. Nonetheless, this has been a good little quibble from both ends and it's something the site needs more of.

Jim Brown 24
Eddie Merckx 20
Muhammad Ali 25
Jesse Owens 24
Babe Ruth 8
Jim Thorpe 24
Wayne Gretzky 23
Tiger Woods 16
Michael Jordan 25
Lance Armstrong 21
Bo Jackson 19
Michael Johnson 14
Pele 25

+1 Ruth
-1 Bo

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jim Brown 24
Eddie Merckx 20
Muhammad Ali 25
Jesse Owens 24
Babe Ruth 8
Jim Thorpe 24
Wayne Gretzky 23
Tiger Woods 16
Michael Jordan 25
Lance Armstrong 21
Bo Jackson 19
Michael Johnson 12
Pele 25

-2 Michael Johnson

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No.

Or I'm just tiring of your arguments and your misappropriation of baseball figures. I was a highly recognized and awarded athlete in high school who was known for my spending more time in the gym and at practice than anyone. My not playing college ball was due to my initially pursuing architecture at one of the top 15 schools for it in the country. Nice try though.

The difference being I've been willing to work with your individual points and comment on them accordingly, despite how repetitious you've been and you've continuously condensed any of the more highly detailed information IS and I have been stating instead of actually discussing it. You have been fairly respectful up until this point and now you've blown it by making personal assumptions about someone you don't know.

Discussions can't go on forever and I'm a bit taken aback that you feel you haven't faulted in the same lines of argumentative criterion that you accuse me of. Nonetheless, this has been a good little quibble from both ends and it's something the site needs more of.
^^^ idk what happened i guess i quoted it wrong but this is your post Line unaltered

i am well aware that was a presumptious little personal jab that held no merit. i was trying to make an example that that is just as belittling as you posting "L:49:L" at my post. it was a sarcastic remark. i'm sure your a fine athlete.

for as much you say you've tried to work with me on my points, i feel i've tried just as hard if not more in understanding where your coming from. i understand how you feel the historical advancements and whatnot ruth brought to the game should put him easily on this list if not winning it. and i agree the golf swing is probably the most technical movement there is. but as i'm sure you know, i feel the raw athletic supremacy of the football and basketball athletes easily trumps this. but i did enjoy coming in here everyday and arguing for something i believe strongly in. good times :2:

Jim Brown 24
Eddie Merckx 20
Muhammad Ali 25
Jesse Owens 24
Babe Ruth 8
Jim Thorpe 24
Wayne Gretzky 23
Tiger Woods 14
Michael Jordan 25
Lance Armstrong 21
Bo Jackson 19
Michael Johnson 12
Pele 25

-2 tiger

high_five

high_five

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jim Brown 24
Eddie Merckx 20
Muhammad Ali 25
Jesse Owens 24
Babe Ruth 8
Jim Thorpe 24
Wayne Gretzky 23
Tiger Woods 15
Michael Jordan 25
Lance Armstrong 21
Bo Jackson 19
Michael Johnson 11
Pele 25

+1 Tiger
-1 Johnson

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jim Brown 24
Eddie Merckx 20
Muhammad Ali 25
Jesse Owens 24
Babe Ruth 8
Jim Thorpe 24
Wayne Gretzky 23
Tiger Woods 15
Michael Jordan 25
Lance Armstrong 21
Bo Jackson 19
Michael Johnson 9
Pele 25

Michael Johnson

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jim Brown 24
Eddie Merckx 20
Muhammad Ali 25
Jesse Owens 23
Babe Ruth 8
Jim Thorpe 24
Wayne Gretzky 23
Tiger Woods 16
Michael Jordan 25
Lance Armstrong 21
Bo Jackson 19
Michael Johnson 14
Pele 24

-1 Pele (I'm not big on football, and like to piss off people who are :)
-1 Jesse Owens.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jim Brown 24
Eddie Merckx 20
Muhammad Ali 25
Jesse Owens 23
Babe Ruth 8
Jim Thorpe 24
Wayne Gretzky 23