• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Guitars

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:49: being a smartarse ey... have a look a their picking styles man.

Just because he learnt from paul gilbert, he should have the same picking style???? :thumbsdown:
In most cases, yeah.

every(different) guitarists picking style is different in some way
Then there are picking styles that are from another planet like Marty Friedman.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you don't think Dime did good solos, watch when he plays Cemetary Gates in the clip Tech posted earlier.

Then compare with Dave Mustaine at 5:15 in this clip. I like Dave, but this has to be the worst solo i've ever seen. Petrucci on the other hand was flawless.

:49:

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
dude i know dimebag... he is a great guitarist... but if i was picking someone to be a lead guitarist, i wouldnt have picked him.

Marty friedman and Zakk Wylde have similar picking styles, i like marty friedman mroe though.

Im not a fan od dave mustain, but i LOVE Dream theatre (john petrucci's band)

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't see anything wrong with Dime's solo's, although sometimes he may use the whammy bar at strange times. My top 5 is not necessarily who I think are the five best, but here it is.

1. Buckethead (have about 25 of his albums)
2. Paul Gilbert
3. Steve Vai
4. Dimebag
5. Joe Satriani

background? I just listen to it.

Awesome list, cant agree more. But to make it longer I would add Kirk Hammett, Eric Clapton, and of course Jimmy Hendrix

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome list, cant agree more. But to make it longer I would add Kirk Hammett, Eric Clapton, and of course Jimmy Hendrix
Two of them may of made my top 5 best guitarists, but that was a preference list. Instead of adding Kirk Hammett, I just included Satriani since he was his teacher.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Did someone say guitar?

DRAGONFORCE!!!!11!!!1

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
LOL @ kirk hammet

Fuck yeah for dragonforce... Seen them twice, and i have to say they were both fucking awesome!!

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
LOL @ kirk hammet

Fuck yeah for dragonforce... Seen them twice, and i have to say they were both fucking awesome!!

Whats wrong with Kirk Hammett? :dunnodude:
To say he is not a great guitarist is just plain retarded.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
DragonForce is badass, I love that song and the guitarist is amazing.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Whats wrong with Kirk Hammett? :dunnodude:
To say he is not a great guitarist is just plain retarded.
He's a great guitarist, but he's not even top 25 material.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I disagree, but then again this is all opinion. It all depends on taste :e5dunno:
Meh, as you can see from a couple posts ago he's one of my favorites. He almost made my top 5 favorite guitarists list, but rather I chose his teacher Satriani. Although I still don't believe he's top 25 material, there's a lot of great guitarists out there, it's not like this is an insult.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Meh, as you can see from a couple posts ago he's one of my favorites. He almost made my top 5 favorite guitarists list, but rather I chose his teacher Satriani. Although I still don't believe he's top 25 material, there's a lot of great guitarists out there, it's not like this is an insult.

I know, I didnt take it as that. I just meant IMO he would make top 25. He is not my favorite or anything, I just always liked him and thought he was an amazing guitarist and has been doing it so long in a band that has influenced most guitarists today.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This Eruption cover is almost flawless.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Skeptic, make a youtube video of you playing this right now, thanks.

Eek5wave 1

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
<object codebase="http://go.divx.com/plugin/DivXBrowserPlugin.cab" height="468" width="648" classid="clsid:67DABFBF-D0AB-41fa-9C46-CC0F21721616"><param name="autoplay" value="false"><param name="src" value="http://video.stage6.com/1828068/.divx" /><param name="custommode" value="Stage6" /><param name="showpostplaybackad" value="false" /><embed type="video/divx" src="http://video.stage6.com/1828068/.divx" pluginspage="http://go.divx.com/plugin/download/" showpostplaybackad="false" custommode="Stage6" autoplay="false" height="468" width="648" /></object>

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Kirk hammet has no chops. isnt even top 100 material if we are talking about all guitarists from all genres.

Joe satriani, although i respect him i dont really lik ehis music.

It is not retarded to think that kirk hammet is shit... YOU think hes good... ask ANY experienced guitarist that has studied rock/metal playing for years and they will agree with me.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Flex... i dont own a double neck guitar... and i cant use 8 finger tapping.

Prince is a fuckin awesome musician!!