• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

help with port forwarding

B

beex215

ok so the d link itself is a problem here.i dont have that and i dont know the other tabs in it.and what is what.you said you set up a static ip.i believe its suppose to stay the same then?.but you test the port and now the ip changed.you need to find out how to stick to one ip for this to work i think.since i dont think that can be done,move on to the modem itself.

where is your modem?can you connect a ethernet to your pc from your modem.forget the dlink for now.

i connect straight from modem,no router.no problem

imraan47

imraan47

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ya i was thinking to try straight from the modem but i share my connection with a roomate so he wont like that.
see the utor port checker gives me external ip which is the 69...
but my real ip is 192....
the static ip is a little diff. it ends with ...136...instead of ...1

B

beex215

ok tell me what you are complaining about again?
i need too know what is your actual speed that you are paying for.

what i see is that everything looks fine for now untill you answer those questions.other then not being green.dont worry yet

i have roughly 30 more minutes to help you.12pm.we both live in the east coast.
its been more then an hour so far

imraan47

imraan47

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ok tell me what you are complaining about again?
i need too know what is your actual speed that you are paying for.

what i see is that everything looks fine for now untill you answer those questions.other then not being green.dont worry yet

i belive i am paying for the 89mb/s or something like that
not 100% sure
thanks for you help...ill let you go for today lol
i will check with my isp and if anything i will give u the details, but not till tues.
i am on exams and i should even be on here.

B

beex215

that number has to be wrong.probably should be downloading at 11 megabyte per second if that number is correct.also in the past we talked about seeder/leecher ratios.you said you knew what it was.it doesnt look like it too me.look again on my pic in page 2.look at all the seeders there are.all way over the leecher amounts.meaning maxed out connection for me.look at all of yours.opposite.

also it seems like you are uploading too much.meaning you are choking your connection.limit the upload to about 80% of what is advertised/paying for in kB/s.

imraan47

imraan47

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
that number has to be wrong.probably should be downloading at 11 megabyte per second if that number is correct.also in the past we talked about seeder/leecher ratios.you said you knew what it was.it doesnt look like it too me.look again on my pic in page 2.look at all the seeders there are.all way over the leecher amounts.meaning maxed out connection for me.look at all of yours.opposite.

also it seems like you are uploading too much.meaning you are choking your connection.limit the upload to about 80% of what is advertised/paying for in kB/s.

ok i guess i dont knwo what that means...i thougt that leechers are those who dont let uploading. i put 0 so that means there unlimited upload.
i though that if u limit it then ur dl goes down by a fraction

i dont get why most of the time my upload is higher than dl's.
means that people are taking the file from me at a higher rate than i can dl from those that have more than me

imraan47

imraan47

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i figured out how to access my modem itself now...still cant do it to work..