• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

hey: Help plz

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ i obviously just meant while your injury is healing. belts should only be worn on your heaviest heaviest sets of squats and deadlifts. period.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would agree with big barry, I lift alot of heavy weight and muscle wise kill my body.

But I get realignment and deep muscle therapy followed by fullbody swedish massage afterward every 2 weeks.. to loosen me up and prevent injuries.

I havent suffered a dehibiliating injury in years, infact only once I pulled a pec but it healed within a weeks time.

Also Make sure you are using correct form too many times I see guys deadlifting with a complete hump in their back, bent over like a volkswagon beetle and just cringe seeing it caus eI know I will hear a crack, following by maybe a pop with the weight suddening hitting the floor.

Take videos of you liftin and compare it with professional trainers vids on youtube.... get 2nd and third opinons on these vids becuase alot of professional trainers are dumbasses excep the ones on here cuase they practice what they preach.

Im sure someone can send you links to lifting froms and etc.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
See a doctor. End of story.

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
my lower back feels more tired when squating/deadlifting with a belt than without it.dont know why this is happening but i gave up on wearing a belt and i feel my lower less tired.although i rarely do lifts with less than 5 reps

big barry

big barry

Im 6ft and can squat 180kg for around 6 - 10 reps, with out a belt. Can deadlift 140kg for around 6 reps without a belt, Im not showing off, im just trying to prove a point.
For a joe average or bodybuilder point of view they are pointless ( powelifters im not sure of, and would not like to comment).

Any injury is due to poor form, i bet everything i own that most people cause there own injuries through throwing silly weights around and pulling there skeletal frame every where whilst under pressure of a weight. I see it everyday, my squats and deadlifts are my big lifts but take bicep curls, i can curl a dumbell weighing around 20 - 22kg and i have around 19 1/2 - 20 inc arms, yet i see the guy next to me with arms half my size swinging bigger weights around and the technique is shit.

Using momentum to move the weight, not contracting the bicep fibres which again will give him a bicep or elbow tear or inflamtion around the joint.

Weight training / bodybuilding is an art. Not just throw around pointless weights, screaming at each other and acting like cavemen. Treat it as an art form and i guarantee you will progress further will little or no injuries

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
(powelifters im not sure of, and would not like to comment).

I can quote on powerlifters being a former one, unless Future gets in here lol.
Powerlifters work on form ALOT, many times a workout will consist of light weight maybe 100kg to 150kg. working only on form. Before delving into 200kg to 350kg+ workouts for reps of 1-3 or 3-6.

However belts are always used in conjuction with great form, power lifters iso train muscles to make strength gains since they can care less about symetry or any of that. Now powerlifter rarely use a belt below 300 lbs. becuase that is warm-up weight. once hitting 315 up powerlifters will not touch that weight without a belt.

However more elderly powerlifters 45 and older may wear a belt for those lighter weight ebcuase they are old and got calcium build up everywhere.
And also they use pussy belts as they called them the average body builder and weightlifters belt thin leather belts for alt iso excersises such as curls and mil presses.

but the pussy belts is more for phycological security reasons than anything. And sicne powerlifter during a routine squat day can.. okay me for example with a powerlifting training team can go up to 650lbs. for 3-4 and on overload days up to 750-800 lbs. for forced reps. You'd really be stupid not to wear a belt. In powerlifter not doing so can cuase hernia I've seen a hernia bulge the size of a baseball once from a guy squatting 565 without a belt. and some lifters even had intestinal walls collapse and shit out their own guts. Marking a stop or even end to powerlifting.

But other than belt we also hace Squat suits, dealifting suits, bench shirts which are thicker than denim for tendon protection. it's an entirely different sport.

But the inital idea is the same it all comes down to form, bad form equals injury waiting to happen.

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wow , now thats a shitload of replies..thanks guys..I had a feeling about the taurine; just wasn't sure. I do need to work abs out more..as opposed to none; that would definately help.. I hardly wear a belt. Only when I can't control my core good enough(sometimes its hard to breath the right way)..and I only use it for squats and deads. Stretching my hams more can def help, because my tendons are very tight. I just don't wanna get a chiro workin on my ass, because quite frankly, I don't believe someone who can wake up one day and basically get a license to "fix" someone else's body. My dad tells me of cases all the time where dumbass chiros do far more harm than good, and he personally knows a police officer who got his chiropracticy shit and is more dumb than a sack of hammers. I'll stick with cheap stuff..thanks fellas!

disclaimer: No, not all chiros are stupid, not all police officers are stupid..I think you get my point though

big barry

big barry

Then dont complain, LICENCED chiropractors take around 4 years + to get there full qualifications. I use them on a regular basis, and they do work , but you will have to work with them interms of possible rehabilatation work to get your body functioning again.

And do disrepect to your dad, but im sure there are some shitty ones out there. But there are good & bad people in all trades.

I bet everything i own if you had 2 -3 deep tissue sessions along with going to see a chiropractor a few times you will a.) feel better and b.) your body will function better

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Then dont complain, LICENCED chiropractors take around 4 years + to get there full qualifications. I use them on a regular basis, and they do work , but you will have to work with them interms of possible rehabilatation work to get your body functioning again.

And do disrepect to your dad, but im sure there are some shitty ones out there. But there are good & bad people in all trades.

I bet everything i own if you had 2 -3 deep tissue sessions along with going to see a chiropractor a few times you will a.) feel better and b.) your body will function better

true enough, but i think my brief pains are more of the "back pumps", so ill try taurine.can i get that anywhere?

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ YEa im pretty sure any supp store or website sellign them in supp pill or powder form.
GNC definately... but they overcharge shit.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Why this post wasn't made in the training section is beyond me.

El Freako and Duality are spot on. Belts are only of any use on maximal attempts. You will note that roughly half the weightlifters in the Olympics won't wear a belt, yet they are moving huge amounts of weight overhead. I've posted extensively on this, see this article: http://www.musclemecca.com/showthread.php/science-weight-belts-23828.html

To the original poster: you have either a very weak lower back or you have too much movement or loading occuring in the lower back during your lifting. Either way you need to address your form on all exercises. The lower back should maintain a neutral spine position throughout any lift. This requires mobility at the hips and shoulders. Work on stretching the hammys and glutes and hip flexors. Also try overhead squats. Work on core bracing exercises such as planks. Don't bother with belts.

curtisymoo

curtisymoo

like stated before do some core work, water

MAKE SURE TO STRETCH OUTTT
tuck one foot in to your crotch area, the other straight and touch that extended foot with opposite sided hand

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yea thanks tim...its funny; I actually have a perty strong back i think; I think I just need somone to watch me i guess. One mo question for you guys..I'm a lazy noob, when would I take said taurine.thanks !

edit: ps..I failed to mention I'm taking a ph right now..maybe that has sumpin to do with it?