• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How Important is post-workout?

A

Aram

about 0.5g protein per 2lbs of bodyweight and 1g carbs per 2lbs of bodyweight directly after workout i think is good..then about 300g chickenbreast and 100g of rice an hour later...

when cutting..I go home directly after the workout, that takes about 20 min I eat 120-150g of chickenbreast and 60g of rice..1 hour after that i take about 40g of Kasein..1 hour after that I eat 120-150g och chickenbreast and 60g of rice.. so basicly i split one big meal into two meals and have some slow protien between them..beacuse then i stimulate the protiensynthesis 3 times after workout witch toghether with a well planed diet makes it able for me to loose fat and gain muscle at the same time..

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
60 grams whey, 100 grams dextrose..10 iu insulin < lol Jokes. within minutes of your last set.. wait about 30-45 mins then eat a meal thats high in complex carbs, and obviously high in protein..

A

Aram

Well to maximize protiensynthesis you only need about 30g of carbs after training. But to maxmize the storage of carbs you need about 1g per 2 punds of bodyweight..every hour for 2 hours after the workout.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well to maximize protiensynthesis you only need about 30g of carbs after training. But to maxmize the storage of carbs you need about 1g per 2 punds of bodyweight..every hour for 2 hours after the workout.

interesting, where did you find this information?

A

Aram

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You should eat about 1-2 hours before you workout because when you eat a big meal right before you intensely workout, not as much blood will go to the muscles. Your blood carries oxygen, and when you workout, you want to get as much oxygen to your muscles as possible. When you eat a big meal right before it, the blood goes to both your stomach and muscles which defeats the purpose. In addition, you should eat about 1 hour after you workout. This is due in part to the same reason. During your workout, you put your body under a ton of stress, and the blood is still going to your muslces. But in this case, since you put your body under so much stress, eating a big meal after would only put more stress. The blood and body is trying to repair the muscles to get stronger, but if you throw in a big meal, it'll only waste the energy to digest it and hinder the repairing process. But of course you should eat protein and a fruit after right after you workout.