• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How Much Water Do You Consume During Lifting?

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
At least a liter every hour, and quite a bit after a hard run. I can down water like nobody's bizznazz :spy:

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tweak said:
Well, ever since I started carrying a water bottle with me I realized how much water I was drinkin during each session

I drink about 60oz per workout

next.
That seems like too much Gobble Gobble.

Your system can only intake about 50-60% of the amount that you can lose during a training session. More leads to cramps and bloating.

:hhj:

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Flex said:
That seems like too much Gobble Gobble.

Your system can only intake about 50-60% of the amount that you can lose during a training session. More leads to cramps and bloating.

:hhj:

meh, I've never once experienced bloating or cramping while working out though :e5dunno:

btw...are you going to the Expo? Paul and I are, be interesting to meet you :gaygay:

N

Noob Cooties

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I usually just jump in the pool after a workout and grab a couple big gulps of the pool water. That way when I gotta pee, I can go while drinking.

Saves time & money.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Noob Cooties said:
I usually just jump in the pool after a workout and grab a couple big gulps of the pool water. That way when I gotta pee, I can go while drinking.

Saves time & money.
I'm never coming over to your house for a swim again.

Stephanietanner 1

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
depends.. i guess around 1.5-2 liters a session

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I carry around a 2L bottle, I'll refill it twice usually. I drink a lot of water in general though.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Water is needed to rebuild phosphagens, so take in enough so that you're ready to go next set/exercise.

I take in 40. oz, there abouts.

I usually go through about 1.5 liters during a workout and drink a total of about a gallon and a half a day - some of it crystal light or sugar free coolade. The last week and a half before I compete I will start upping that so it is around 2.5 to 3 gallons a day before I cut back to sips before the show and piss myself dry - bodybuilding is fun, right?

Hey bro, not sure you care right now; if that method works for, that's great and disregard what I'm saying. But, based upon science, cutting water before show during a sodium depletion is counterproductive, especially speaking in total water distribution. Your body will enter a "survival" stage and retain water to prevent dehydration...which is done subcutaneously by releasing aldosterone.

The sport is basing information on personal needs, so if water tapering is what gets you dried up, that's fine.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I read an interesting article on the amount of water that was needed in any given day by an athlete. The recommendations were in ounces per pound of BW so I can't remember what they were (seriously catch up America, it's only you Myanmar and Liberia that use imperial measures officially). But it worked out at between 3.5 and 5L for a 88-89kg guy. They recommended that it was important to consume fluids prior to workouts and at intervals throughout that would account for a large portion of the fluid intake.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have a lot of trouble drinking fluids during my workouts. I always feel like I am just going to puke it right back up. I make sure I am very well hydrated before workouts but if I do anymore than a sip here or there, I fell sick to my stomach.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
on Dbol i would drink a gallon like it was all good, idk i think it was all in my head, but that shit made me thirsty lol

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
i will carry around a 2L bottle of water... sometimes i drink it all sometimes i dont.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
It depends on the workout (which muscle groups I train) and also on temperature...

But on average I take in about 1.5 litres during my workouts. A bit more on leg day and back day.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
2.5 liters including the 350 ml i use to fill my shaker at the end for my pwo shake

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
1l during, after training I will fill my pwo shake with 300ml of water as well.