• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How to get your Dream Abs.

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Did you actually think this through?

Why would he ever diet down to 3-4% BF? If he was capable of doing that he would have done it already rather than getting the plastic surgery on his skinny-fat ass.

And I don't think there is anything good or appealling about the competition physique BBers display. This is inherent in the fact that a competition physique can only be maintained for a few days. The general lifestyle that is led in order to achieve "the ideal body" is not realistic for a majority of people.

Well tim290280, people do change their minds. That's why I said if. But I think the ideal physique is different to everyone. People like Dave Draper, Bill Pearl, Steve Reeves (all the early bodybuilders) maintained a superb physique all year long, and still do. Todays pro bodybuilders take it to an entire different level.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well tim290280, people do change their minds. That's why I said if. But I think the ideal physique is different to everyone. People like Dave Draper, Bill Pearl, Steve Reeves (all the early bodybuilders) maintained a superb physique all year long, and still do. Todays pro bodybuilders take it to an entire different level.

Change his mind about what exactly? Someone that decides to undergo invasive surgery rather than change his diet and exercise regime is never going to have the willpower to get lean, let alone competition lean. People like him want to take the easy option to their ideal rather than working for it.

You completely missed my other point. My other point was that you have a skewed perception of the ideal physique because of your appreciation/involvement in BBing. I agree with your statement about appreciating physiques of a previous generation of BBers, I prefer them too. But it has nothing to do with what I was driving at.