• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How to start?

E

Elijah.

I'm 19(m) and weigh around 200 lbs. I've been overweight all my life and I've tried and failed many times before.
I'm determined to lose weight now and get in a better shape before my 20th birthday which is in 4 months. But, I don't know how to start.
So if you guys can help me with how to start the process of losing weight that would be of great help for me!

A

Anthony

Here's a start...
Eat real food, not junk in packages. Think if the pilgrims had access to it, it's ok for you to eat. So lean meats, veggies, fruits, etc... Move more. Start counting your daily steps. Progressively do more over time. Get a gym membership if you wish to put some muscle on your body. There are plenty of basic beginner routines, but the most important thing is to just through the door and solidify that habit of going. Once you're there, you'll at least do something. It can, and may, get much more involved than that. But let's learn to walk before we even think about running a race.