• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

I sleep for 6-8 hours per day yet I still feel tired. Why?

• Thread starter Jasmin Cottontail
  • Start date
K

Ketsugo

Some times it's all in state of mind . Depression or lack of motivation or maybe just stale . Try going for long walk see if clears your head . This is barring that you have seen doc ruled out sleep apnea or blood disorder, thyroid etc. I'm 51 I been doing martial arts since 5 and BB since 12 every day . Sometimes I do question myself - recently o had issue waking at 4am after having done so past 30 years as way of life - I though I was depressed but forced myself - later doing labs at Doc - I had pneumonia lol crazy but true lol ! At least do labs talk to doc

perfectionist

perfectionist

I think it is more than a mere physical issue. Working online in front of a laptop is too brain draining and eats away a lot of energy. But if you engage in a physical activity you may not feel that much physically drained off as you can recover fast with a drink. But in any case an exercise routine of minimum 30 minutes is a must to keep you fit. In addition to that you can also look for something like meditation which can keep your mind focused and make your stronger from inside.

In fact I too spend a lot of time in front of computer as my job demands that. I feel totally exhausted every day even though I get enough sleep. Then one of my friends told me about yoga and meditation and now I feel really great. However, I never miss my 30 minutes gym workout.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Some times it's all in state of mind . Depression or lack of motivation or maybe just stale . Try going for long walk see if clears your head . This is barring that you have seen doc ruled out sleep apnea or blood disorder, thyroid etc. I'm 51 I been doing martial arts since 5 and BB since 12 every day . Sometimes I do question myself - recently o had issue waking at 4am after having done so past 30 years as way of life - I though I was depressed but forced myself - later doing labs at Doc - I had pneumonia lol crazy but true lol ! At least do labs talk to doc

Yep, going for a walk or exercising definitely can solve the matter, if not in that day, the next day, as the body needs time to readjust. Depression can be the cause and to get rid of it, we simply need to do the things that make us happy.

K

Ketsugo

AMEN !!! Carry on bro

Working Buck

Working Buck

I would be reading a lot from this thread since I also have the same problem. I normally have 6 hours of sleep but there are also times I do have 8 to 12 hours of sleep and I still feel tired. I just do a bit of stretching and a bit of walking. The weird thing is I feel sleepy the whole day.

G

goniva

If you've already had enough exercise and still feel tired, I think the problem is on your mind. You probably should have the mindset of having enough sleep before you go to sleep. Think like "I will wake up feeling fresh in the morning by having enough sleep tonight". Practice this every day and this might change the old habit. I have tried this as well in the past and it worked for me.

P

ptahm22

Too much sleep can be as bad as too little sleep. The 6-8 hours is just a standard recommendation and it doesn't work for everyone. My doctor told me that sleep is divided into five 90 minutes cycles. These cycles are of sleep and deep sleep and they keep alternating. If you wake up in between the deep sleep cycle you'll feel tired the whole day. If you wake up in between the normal sleep cycle, you will be alert all day. If you sleep 8 hours and still feel tired, try sleeping for 7.5 hours for 3 days, if you wake a few minutes before your alarm, then it's your perfect bedtime. You just have to adjust your bedtime by adding or subtracting a few minutes and you'll eventually get your perfect bedtime.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Too much sleep can be a sign of depression, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. I cannot cope with the 6 hour per day sleeping, I need 7-8 average or else I get really tired. With age I am starting to feel less tired when I sleep less though.

D

derf

This could be resulting of many reasons which is unknown and because of what you have done to your body. First it could be because you work so much on your body that you body is tired as you are maybe overworking your body. Second could be certain supplements you take or certain foods and chemicals you give to your body. Third you may have to give your body more sleep as to rest the muscles in your body. Again the reason for why you are tired is unknown but these could be some contributing factors as to why you are tired and doing certain changes could help your body.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It can be something physical sure, but I see it more something that's happening in our head. Most likely anxiety or stress, and we go sleep worrying about all that and we don't get a proper rest.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There is the thing called good night’s sleep which means your body and mind have hibernated for 8 hours or more. After that, you wake up feeling refreshed. If you feel otherwise then perhaps you did not achieve that dreamless sleep, meaning your mind has been working when your eyes are shut which in effect makes your body tired. A workout can cure that problem because that usually occurs with lethargic people who have a sedentary job. Another reason may be diabetes but that’s another issue, I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

There is the thing called good night’s sleep which means your body and mind have hibernated for 8 hours or more. After that, you wake up feeling refreshed. If you feel otherwise then perhaps you did not achieve that dreamless sleep, meaning your mind has been working when your eyes are shut which in effect makes your body tired. A workout can cure that problem because that usually occurs with lethargic people who have a sedentary job. Another reason may be diabetes but that’s another issue, I guess.

Torres

Torres

Maybe anemia is the culprit ??? I feel tired during the day as well and I don't always need a lot of sleep to be energized throughout the day . I don't always eat good food , I admit that . But I try to get my vitamins in on a regular basis, if not from food then thru supplements.
But I began to think , and when I was younger I had anemia and it killed my energy . So I uped my iron intake . And Fish oil and Vitamin D as well . So far so good .
Take bloods , that may have your answer !!!

R

remnant

Banned
I have come to learn that satisfactory sleep is not a function of how
long you sleep. It has everything to do with your biological block at
least most of the time. Do you sleep and wake up at a specific time?
This is how you optimise your sleeping pattern. Might be you wake up
at the beginning of a sleep cycle and this disrupts your rhythm.

fitnessmara

fitnessmara

You are maybe working too much and you are maybe receiving too much stress on your job or you are doing a job that is not satisfying your creativity.
An emotional factor can also be a cause of the drained energy.
If your blood picture shows no change and you are apparently very healthy, it can be a seasonal change or an apathy to your work.
You can also have a very low blood pressure ( it cause sleepiness) or your circulation is not apt to do its job properly.
You are maybe lacking energy entirely and your brain runs on lack of sugar.
Check your food and check if you are getting enough of the good starch ( not the one from the chips!).
I doubt you lack proteins because your job is not a physical one as you said.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

If you've been sleeping right but you're still to tired then somethings wrong with your body, it needs vitamins and minerals, take multivitamins, alot of C and E, also a good B complex. Then exercise, lift some weights, run, cycle anything to raise your adrenalin. You'll know if I'm right if you drink 2 cups of strong black coffee with sugar and you feel energized and awake.

O

Oldschool

The last thing you want to do is raise adrenalin... this is a catabolic hormone commonly called "the fight or flight" hormone. One of the sides of adrenalin is low blood sugar which will put the OP in a worse condition.