• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

is tuna bad????

skid9832004

skid9832004

a rule of thumb is large preditory fish like tuna swordfish and other large game fish will have a increased lvl of mercury because everything at the top of the food chain is more contaminated than at the bottomdue to the large amount of food they eat in there life times small fish like trout ,flounder ,tilapia c,od are much lower in harmful chemicals

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I cook my chicken on a non-stick pan, and it takes an average of 10 minutes. If not less. How fast do you want your food? :dunnodude:

I want my food. How the world do you cook it that fast. It takes me at least 25 minutes. Do u steam it, and what temp.if you have number or settings, do you do it on medium or high med. or what. thanks

<3Frosty

I have a standard appliance stove-top with coils that heat up directly under the pan. Its really the norm.

Also, i use about a 4 heat rating out of 10. So, a little under medium.

I cook it like i would anything else really. Spray non-stick spray before, turn on heat and throw on the chicken asap. Then i wait til one side is thoroughly cooked and then flip and do the same for the other side.

Pretty easy.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Canned tuna has less mercury than fresh or frozen tuna steaks, because the bigger fish have more mercury and are used for tuna steaks. Also the light canned tuna has less mercury than white canned tuna( Albacore tuna). Tuna is good in moderation,probably like 2 to 3 cans a week, and is a healthy food, but don't overdo it.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tuna ain't bad at all, unless we consider all foods bad because of the existing pollution...

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We have canned tuna in our food cabinet together with other canned goods such as corned beef, spam and vienna sausage. Although it is for emergency food, we also eat tuna once in a while just to replenish our stock. I don't seen anything wrong in eating canned tuna as long as you eat in moderation and not very often.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

As a rule I only eat tuna twice or thrice a week max. I go for canned Spanish Style and Spicy Chunks in Olive Oil. As to the high mercury content well i haven't heard anyone getting I'll from eating Tuna daily. My cousins are from the tuna capital of the Philippines and they eat tuna alot there and when I asked them about the mercury content they just said that it's not true and you can eat tuna daily.

Push50

Push50

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If I take in over 3 cans of tuna a week I start getting headaches. At one point I was eating 6+ cans a week and the headaches started getting to the point of debilitating. As I backed off on the tuna the headaches subsided. Could just be a coincidence but I think it was the tuna so now I don’t exceed more than 2 cans a week. Better safe than sorry.