• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Jay 2001 Vs 2008: I don't see the difference...

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
2mnpxdj-1.jpg
f6po9-1.jpg

I added the Finals also..

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think he just missed his timing....i mean he looked great at the finals!

2001 still his best condition and overall package probably ever...

ddragaon

ddragaon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
IMO
If he gets the waist and abs under control his legs are going to look bigger

And his haircut is ON in 2001:carduindisguise

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My assessment:

In 2001 his shoulders and arms look bigger, his waist is tighter, his conditioning is up, he has better symmetry and his abs are "deeper"

In 2008 I would assume almost all the added weight is in the waist. His arms and shoulders look smaller/worse, his legs are far more assymetrical and his hair looks like shit xD

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
My assessment:

In 2001 his shoulders and arms look bigger, his waist is tighter, his conditioning is up, he has better symmetry and his abs are "deeper"

In 2008 I would assume almost all the added weight is in the waist. His arms and shoulders look smaller/worse, his legs are far more assymetrical and his hair looks like shit xD

So you are saying he added about 15-20lbs around his waist?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's a shame he missed his peak and wasn't able to bring his whole package on the day.
i believe jay has it in him to turn it around in 2009 and bring back one of his best packages, regardles if it aint like 2001 etc, but the real question is will the judges still be interested in his type of size or have they taken a new path , only in time will tell but it will be a great road to watch in 2009 that unfolds and follow jays path into trying to regain what was his.

C

crossfirebmf

you are either blind or retarded (no offense) bc Jay has progressively gotten worse, but his name got bigger as did his waist...his legs got smaller as did his back and arms plus worse conditioning

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you are either blind or retarded (no offense) bc Jay has progressively gotten worse, but his name got bigger as did his waist...his legs got smaller as did his back and arms plus worse conditioning

Unfortunately they can't see the forest for the trees

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
he looks solid in 01'. personally i don't think even that physique beats the one we saw phil heath display a couple weeks ago.

he just looks lousy in both prejudging and the night show. dropping 10 (supposed) pounds of water doesn't change his bad structure, thick fascia/skin, absence of vascularity, massive waist, and glaring assymmetries. he just doesn't have what it takes to be Mr O with the current field of competitors.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
what is up with this 01 nonsence, he's deffinitely not as good, u guys posted really good jay shots, post a series of comparisons like in muscle kombat.......jay needs to forget about 2001 and come in like in 2006, has everyone forgotten about 06?! none of the experts are talking about it, all they talk about is the unacheiveable 01. its like telling ronnie to come in like in 03.... imo dexter deserved it but phil will be unstopable in the near future...

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's a shame he missed his peak and wasn't able to bring his whole package on the day.
i believe jay has it in him to turn it around in 2009 and bring back one of his best packages, regardles if it aint like 2001 etc, but the real question is will the judges still be interested in his type of size or have they taken a new path , only in time will tell but it will be a great road to watch in 2009 that unfolds and follow jays path into trying to regain what was his.

I agree but I personally believe this to be true he has the POTENIAL to win it all next year but jay doesn't have the fire, tat intensity of King Ronnie, or Yates or Branch Warren they enter the gym.. just by looking at their face they mean some damn business, Jay walks into a gym all happy like he just got laid.

I mean look at some of his videos he has women trainers spotting him, this is no dog out to women but you can't concentrate on the muscle and conditioning at hand with a chick around you can't it's a huge distraction. me myself I am a Cutler fan but you have to come to terms that he can win this if he brings that hardcore intensity and desire into the gym with him. I am a powerlifter so I don't know what to perfectly strive for physique wise but I go inot the gym with my training partners, there were no smiles, just business and intensity. If Jay wants it he bring that mindset with him.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I agree but I personally believe this to be true he has the POTENIAL to win it all next year but jay doesn't have the fire, tat intensity of King Ronnie, or Yates or Branch Warren they enter the gym.. just by looking at their face they mean some damn business, Jay walks into a gym all happy like he just got laid.

I mean look at some of his videos he has women trainers spotting him, this is no dog out to women but you can't concentrate on the muscle and conditioning at hand with a chick around you can't it's a huge distraction. me myself I am a Cutler fan but you have to come to terms that he can win this if he brings that hardcore intensity and desire into the gym with him. I am a powerlifter so I don't know what to perfectly strive for physique wise but I go inot the gym with my training partners, there were no smiles, just business and intensity. If Jay wants it he needs bring that mindset with him.

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I mean look at some of his videos he has women trainers spotting him, this is no dog out to women but you can't concentrate on the muscle and conditioning at hand with a chick around you can't it's a huge distraction. me myself I am a Cutler fan but you have to come to terms that he can win this if he brings that hardcore intensity and desire into the gym with him. I am a powerlifter so I don't know what to perfectly strive for physique wise but I go inot the gym with my training partners, there were no smiles, just business and intensity. If Jay wants it he needs bring that mindset with him.

He probably did!