• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Jay's mr. Olympia after party at blush!!!!!!

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think this guy can provide all the answers Jay needs to shock the world this year:

Last edited by a moderator:
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
- Vic isn't 2007 Vic.
You don't know that.
- Roelly is great, even more than great, but it's his rookie year.
I haven't seen a single person predict that Roelly will overthrow Jay.
- Dex is Dex.
- Branch is Branch.
Granted.
- Kai wouldn't be much bigger than last year.
You don't know that.
- Jay was a lightyear ahead in 2009.
No one's denied this.
I think 60% of people aiming him to repeat isn't crazy at all, is it?
I don't get your logic here. Not a single person has said a bad thing about Jay or his prep - minus his proclivity to use a Smith machine for squats, perhaps - and yet you and Dave are both acting defensively. Calm down. It's still a bodybuilding show and there's still some variability to the outcome regardless of how prepared one is. Somehow the majority of the board prognosticating Jay as the winner isn't enough for you guys? Besides, my comment about the level of competition this year and ~60% of the board picking Jay to win reflects just that: other people's perceptions about this year's Olympia contest. I shouldn't have to go through the myriad reasons why some are prone to pick certain ways and why any majority is still a high number. Yeesh, get over it.

Last edited:
pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You don't know that.

I haven't seen a single person predict that Roelly will overthrow Jay.

You don't know that.

No one's denied this.

...... I shouldn't have to go through the myriad reasons why some are prone to pick certain ways and why any majority is still a high number.......

OMG you are capable of providing reasons and yet AS PER USUAL you stuck with myriad (often self contradidcting) Gobbledegoo BS on casual comment by a reguar member on a DISCUSSION BOARD.... you Sir have my vote Golden Bull award

P.S. @ TKOL This is what I meant by my last reply to your comment on Jay

Attachments

• goldenbullwithshadow.jpg
    goldenbullwithshadow.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 289
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
@ msvf, how could you say kai wouldnt be much bigger then last year? he was already much bigger at the ASC then at last years O

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
OMG you are capable of providing reasons and yet AS PER USUAL you stuck with myriad (often self contradidcting) Gobbledegoo BS on casual comment by a reguar member on a DISCUSSION BOARD.... you Sir have my vote Golden Bull award
Where did I contradict myself in this or, for that matter, any other discussion? Just because you have difficulty identifying conversational nuance doesn't mean I'm not making a relevant point about the topic at hand. As per usual, I'm probably just over your head.

Let's review: I make a casual, humor-imbued comment about Jay being favored to win this year via a passive response to Dave's remark about some absentee "goofs" who supposedly think he'll lose his crown; mvsf1 takes an arbitrary detail from my purposefully tongue-in-cheek post, treats it as serious, and proceeds to list a bunch of useless, hyperbolic speculations as to why anyone who doesn't pick Jay to win is crazy; I respond by pointing out the flaws in his logic and try to explain that 1) no one's saying anything bad about Cutler and, 2) he's attacking straw men for no reason other than to attack something; finally, you come in - having not been part of the conversation to this point or contributing to it thereafter, mind you - and proceed to mock me.

Stop being an ass.

Last edited:
Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
- Vic isn't 2007 Vic.
- Roelly is great, even more than great, but it's his rookie year.
- Dex is Dex.
- Branch is Branch.
- Kai wouldn't be much bigger than last year.
- Jay was a lightyear ahead in 2009.

I think 60% of people aiming him to repeat isn't crazy at all, is it?

Man, you really must love Jay from the bottom of your heart.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Yes Sir I will... I wouldnt risk you Suing me for Copyright Infringement on that matter!
This is more or less what I was referring to: your affinity for not addressing any conversational points and instead coming up with some context-free insult that all-but confirms your presence here as being a joke. Your arrogant brand of ignorance is growing old, my patience wearing thin.

D

dsg36

i really liked how in the muscular development interview he said it was miller time...jay defintly deserves an ice cold beer after his 4th win

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
i really liked how in the muscular development interview he said it was miller time...jay defintly deserves an ice cold beer after his 4th win

Then you wouldve loved his 06 olympia speech lol....

Seriously though, i like beer but who would want to drink a beer after being extremely dehydrated? gimme a gatorade lol a beer once im back to normal :D

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is more or less what I was referring to: your affinity for not addressing any conversational points and instead coming up with some context-free insult that all-but confirms your presence here as being a joke. Your arrogant brand of ignorance is growing old, my patience wearing thin.

I'm sorry I missed your brand of arrogance on account of following the O.... first of all my "insults" aren't any more "context-free" than your sadly-detailed ALWAYS unasked for nitpicking of casual comments from other board members. Secondly WE ALL try our luck at creative insults some succeed others cry sour grapes!
Lastly what happens when your patience completely runs out? An active member of this board gets banned as a direct result of some massive ball-sucking on your part... and then what happens, I die gasping for air???? Are you really this stupid naturally or take steroids to enhance the affect? Spare me your arrogant implicit threats; OK kid?!?

Last edited:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm sorry I missed your brand of arrogance on account of following the O.... first of all my "insults" aren't any more "context-free" than your sadly-detailed ALWAYS unasked for nitpicking of casual comments from other board members. Secondly WE ALL try our luck at creative insults some succeed others cry sour grapes!
Lastly what happens when your patience completely runs out? An active member of this board gets banned as a direct result of some massive ball-sucking on your part... and then what happens, I die gasping for air???? Are you really this stupid naturally or take steroids to enhance the affect? Spare me your arrogant implicit threats; OK kid?!?

Keep poking, I want to see what happens.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
LMAO seriously paki i have no idea why you began picking at Line, when i disagree with line i just tell myself he is drunk and he is a mod hehehe

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
And we'll see you in 5 days. Probably for the best that you didn't respond before the O, as I'm guessing you didn't want to be banned for it.

Last edited:
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't get why you Line took my post so seriously. Believe me, I wasn't acting defensive, only expressing my thoughts. In fact, I though about guys who could dethrone Jay and I expressed my opinion about all of them. I wasn't stressed at all, my life doesn't hang of the Sandow nor Jay Cutler.

Anyway, I'm glad I didn't fail in my predictions:

- Vic wasn't at his all time best (but probably at his best since 2007).
- Roelly was great (but a little less good than I expected).
- Dex was, exactly, Dex.
- Branch was exactly the same as in 2009.
- Kai showed at the same size than ASC but with worse conditioning.
- Jay was a lightyear ahead in 2009 but this year his margin was cut down by Phil Heath.

I wasn't that wrong, guys. Anyway, Jay needs to be huge as he actually is and show with that conditioning or better in the next Mr Olympia if he wants to be a 5 times champ. Phil Heath shocked me very very very much. I didn't expect him showing that way.

Last edited:
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I don't get why you Line took my post so seriously.
Really? It's pretty obvious that I had merely made a passing remark about Dave referring to Jay detractors (as if there were any this year) as "goofs" - a statement that had no true bearing on the outcome of the Olympia - and you responded with an unnecessary list of counter-reasons as to why Jay would win. And it's not like that really spawned any argument (except with Paki of course), as I responded to your points in a fairly abbreviated fashion but, moreover, expressed confusion as to why you bothered to make such a list in the first place. As I mentioned in my post to Paki, it seemed like you were attacking a straw man for no other reason than to attack something. Of course, my use of the word "attack" doesn't mean to imply vitriol, but is just a rhetorical phrase used in dealing with straw men arguments.
Believe me, I wasn't acting defensive, only expressing my thoughts. In fact, I though about guys who could dethrone Jay and I expressed my opinion about all of them. I wasn't stressed at all, my life doesn't hang of the Sandow nor Jay Cutler.
My comment about being defensive was more akin to Dave's reaction than yours, though yours was unnecessary, or, rather, unnecessarily compounded what Dave had said. Still, had you posted in the same fashion without making it a response to me, I would have simply ignored it. I still don't understand why you addressed my unassuming post in the way you did without expecting a response. Come on, you know me better than that.
Anyway, I'm glad I didn't fail in my predictions:
True, and congrats, but that's completely irrelevant.
I wasn't that wrong, guys.
Again, kudos.

Last edited:
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fair enough. Our discussion was born only because you didn't, I didn't or maybe both of us didn't understand each others "tone".

Anyway, I made that list only to enjoy the discussion with the guy who, eventually, would answer my post. That guy was you. I mean, I come to MM to read BB news, gossip, have some words here and there, enjoy rivalry and so on. You also "know me better than that", you really know when I want to start some "dialectical battle", and you know this is not the kind of thread I would put my ammo in. ;)

Cheers.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Fair enough. Our discussion was born only because you didn't, I didn't or maybe both of us didn't understand each others "tone".

Anyway, I made that list only to enjoy the discussion with the guy who, eventually, would answer my post. That guy was you. I mean, I come to MM to read BB news, gossip, have some words here and there, enjoy rivalry and so on. You also "know me better than that", you really know when I want to start some "dialectical battle", and you know this is not the kind of thread I would put my ammo in. ;)

Cheers.
Ha, I'd say all this is fair, and your explanation makes perfect sense, though you'll forgive me for being confused as to why you responded to that particular post. Perhaps it's been too long since we've thrown any heavy artillery at each other? :icon_smile2: