• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Johnnie who?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
ronnie squated with his feet closed together... Stans were quite wide
so i would still say ronnie is stronger in that one..
even the look at their faces says Stan was at the max and ronnie could have pushed out another one.... maybe even 2

If you watch it again you'll realise that Ronnie is wearing a squat suit which would have quite a bit of carry-over in his squat. Stan's lift was raw and then he did 50lbs more. I'll also wager that Ronnie's bodyweight is a fair bit higher than Stan's so that warps the comparison too. Although Ronnie is a strong motherfucker I doubt he was stronger than an elite powerlifter.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Of course he was not in powerlifting movements because it wasn't his bussiness.

Stan is a monster but he should stick with powerlifting, he hasn't the phisique needed for BB.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you watch it again you'll realise that Ronnie is wearing a squat suit which would have quite a bit of carry-over in his squat. Stan's lift was raw and then he did 50lbs more. I'll also wager that Ronnie's bodyweight is a fair bit higher than Stan's so that warps the comparison too. Although Ronnie is a strong motherfucker I doubt he was stronger than an elite powerlifter.

yes i noticed that but ronnie did it with a narrower stance and at the end he seemed around half as stressed as Stan...
Stan did the same weight with a wider stance and at the end of it... it looked like his nuts where falling off.

so would it be possible to say if ronnie did it in the same way stan did... then they would be equal? (more or less)
sicne ronnie kind of used a suit for help.. but then made it harder by bringing his feet together?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I thought that everyone thought the tag "Worlds Strongest BBer" was a bit of joke anyway if Ronnie wasn't invited.

Stan should just show up at the competition with a rent a crowd.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I hate when great powerlifters try to be bbers.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
yes i noticed that but ronnie did it with a narrower stance and at the end he seemed around half as stressed as Stan...
Stan did the same weight with a wider stance and at the end of it... it looked like his nuts where falling off.

so would it be possible to say if ronnie did it in the same way stan did... then they would be equal? (more or less)
sicne ronnie kind of used a suit for help.. but then made it harder by bringing his feet together?

Changing your stance only gives you so much carryover, and Ronnie's stance is still wider than shoulder width (and Ronnie is pretty damn wide to start off with), whereas squat suits have been known to offer 100lbs carryover or more for some lifters.

A

alexnorth

what is the song in the video ???

thank you

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
google "scared motherfucker go to church lyrics" = Ice Cube - Go To Church

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Powerlifting Donnie Thompson FTW

I thought Rodney Raw Power was considered the strongest bodybuilder, or is that just some promo done by MD???