• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

JOJ trains arms.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ No... for the millionth time I'm saying that it looks very chaotic to us "regular people" but for someone at their level who has done this for a fair bit... those guys are in control of whats happenning! Its their style and that obvisousely works for them... and IMO would work for anyone who did it relative (according) to their experience in lifting! For instance Branch style Millitary press wont do anyone harm if done with weight in proportion to their (for lack of better word) level in weight training... it shocks us more when we see someone doing that with three plates on each side but we forget that the person doing it is not a regular Joe but rather a top BBer who has been lifting for years upon years and has a VERY ADVANCED level of lifting experience!
I bet if you or anyone who doubts their techiques did the same press (with the same arched back & bouncing off the chest style) with 1/4th of that weight... only good would come out of that! "We the lifters" do unnatural lifts all the time (hyper extensions, deep lunges, sissy squats etc) but those are "unnatural" to general public but not to experienced lifters! In BBing perspective "We the lifters" are general public and what might seem to us as unnatural & dangerous is not really that to someone who has been doing this full time for ages now! ALSO we get blown away MOSTLY because of the weight thats involved in the explossive movements that both JOJ and Branch use... in in our shock we forget that its JOJ & Branch not Dilated & Natzo!
And then theres my argument re leverages... they may not be as clever, wise and knowledgeable as Flex thinks he is but still they are not idiots as Flex thinks of most of the pros! Stupidity plays a role mostly into what these guys put into their bodies (chem & food)... BUT when it comes to training though, anyone with even a handfull of working brain cells would choose excercises that pump their mucles right. Branch & JOJ as big idiots as anyone might want to think of them would not go on choosing the movements/lifts that do nothing for them or hurt them crazy!
You're such a clown pakiman. A bunch of bull**** not even worth responding to.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Good thread. Would read again.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Pakiman... wtf...

do you really beleive doing the Mp's lke Branch would benefit everyone who tried it?? quit the drugs man...

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
the thread title says "JOJ trains arms"... i didnt even bother clicking on it coz i already have an assumption of what that workout would look like. I was avoiding it but it keeps shooting right back to the top of the "New Posts" list... then it reached 2 pages and im thinking to myself "why the **** would a JOJ arm training vid get so many replies?" .... now i see lol

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ No... for the millionth time I'm saying that it looks very chaotic to us "regular people" but for someone at their level who has done this for a fair bit... those guys are in control of whats happenning! Its their style and that obvisousely works for them... and IMO would work for anyone who did it relative (according) to their experience in lifting! For instance Branch style Millitary press wont do anyone harm if done with weight in proportion to their (for lack of better word) level in weight training... it shocks us more when we see someone doing that with three plates on each side but we forget that the person doing it is not a regular Joe but rather a top BBer who has been lifting for years upon years and has a VERY ADVANCED level of lifting experience!
I bet if you or anyone who doubts their techiques did the same press (with the same arched back & bouncing off the chest style) with 1/4th of that weight... only good would come out of that! "We the lifters" do unnatural lifts all the time (hyper extensions, deep lunges, sissy squats etc) but those are "unnatural" to general public but not to experienced lifters! In BBing perspective "We the lifters" are general public and what might seem to us as unnatural & dangerous is not really that to someone who has been doing this full time for ages now! ALSO we get blown away MOSTLY because of the weight thats involved in the explossive movements that both JOJ and Branch use... in in our shock we forget that its JOJ & Branch not Dilated & Natzo!
And then theres my argument re leverages... they may not be as clever, wise and knowledgeable as Flex thinks he is but still they are not idiots as Flex thinks of most of the pros! Stupidity plays a role mostly into what these guys put into their bodies (chem & food)... BUT when it comes to training though, anyone with even a handfull of working brain cells would choose excercises that pump their mucles right. Branch & JOJ as big idiots as anyone might want to think of them would not go on choosing the movements/lifts that do nothing for them or hurt them crazy!

Book your MRI now. You might get a spot after JoJ's.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lol, nobody ever agrees with anything pakiman says. Reason: he's in his own little fantasy land.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP

The .gif is just too awesome.

25SLD-1.gif

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lol, nobody ever agrees with anything pakiman says. Reason: he's in his own little fantasy land.

Yes Your Royal Highness spot on, again... but its easy to go there when you are constantly confronted by real life Tweedledees & Tweedledums!

With that last post you have earned 50 sixteen-year-olds-admiration points and now in your own mind are ranked above JOJ in BBing knowledge... keep on posting at discussion boards to confirm your place amongs the top Pros!

Last edited:
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
JOJ in bodybuilding knowledge? ... LOL Flex has used his knowledge to help a natural bodybuilder turn pro and other competitors come in looking great naturally at very young ages. Flex himself has managed to have a great physique. Just because someone is a pro doesnt mean they have much "bodybuilding knowledge"... Brandon Curry developed one of the best Amateur physiques and became pro with hardly any "bodybuilding knowledge".

Just because JOJ and Branch's style has worked in their favor, doesnt mean that there isnt a better way they could be working out. With your logic, Brandon Curry trains great for his own body considering he looks phenominal... do u see what i mean?

Compare JoJ, Branch and Curry to someone like Evan Centopani... Evan strives to find a better way to train over the years and now trains very well with great form and emphasizes on mostly tried and true exercises. JoJ and Branch have settled for their own BS as opposed to someone like Evan who constantly tries to learn more. Evan has or will soon surpass JoJ, Branch and Curry...

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
JOJ in bodybuilding knowledge? ... LOL Flex has used his knowledge to help a natural bodybuilder turn pro and other competitors come in looking great naturally at very young ages. Flex himself has managed to have a great physique. Just because someone is a pro doesnt mean they have much "bodybuilding knowledge"... Brandon Curry developed one of the best Amateur physiques and became pro with hardly any "bodybuilding knowledge".

Just because JOJ and Branch's style has worked in their favor, doesnt mean that there isnt a better way they could be working out. With your logic, Brandon Curry trains great for his own body considering he looks phenominal... do u see what i mean?

Compare JoJ, Branch and Curry to someone like Evan Centopani... Evan strives to find a better way to train over the years and now trains very well with great form and emphasizes on mostly tried and true exercises. JoJ and Branch have settled for their own BS as opposed to someone like Evan who constantly tries to learn more. Evan has or will soon surpass JoJ, Branch and Curry...

Mr. Luis may I add, that while Evan learns and makes improvements, JOJ and Branch dont learn and will always have the same flaws that prevent them from winning shows.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Yup Yup thats why i said they settle for their own BS.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes Your Royal Highness spot on, again... but its easy to go there when you are constantly confronted by real life Tweedledees & Tweedledums!

With that last post you have earned 50 sixteen-year-olds-admiration points and now in your own mind are ranked above JOJ in BBing knowledge... keep on posting at discussion boards to confirm your place amongs the top Pros!
You do realize that this is the only bodybuilding forum that I post at? And I post MAYBE once every couple days? Haha, you're so f*ckin retarded.

Just like I said, F-A-N-T-A-S-Y LAND.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^&^^ I've got back to back two weeks of training to conduct and am & will be too busy during this time.... let me just bookmark this and we'll talk some more, if not here then in some other thread because this will most definately be brought up by the self appointed ROM Police...

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
ROM police Major Natzo, is on for duty!

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^&^^ I've got back to back two weeks of training to conduct and am & will be too busy during this time.... let me just bookmark this and we'll talk some more, if not here then in some other thread because this will most definately be brought up by the self appointed ROM Police...
I never bltched once about their ROM. I do however, know that this type of training is as dangerous as it gets. It's no question why Branch has more injuries than any other top IFBB pros. I'm sure there's many more to come.

I can pretty much guarantee you that Branch Warren will be off the map before the age of 40. Probably will only take one more severe injury within the next few years and he'll be another retired scrub bodybuilder that nobody gives a shlt about.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I never bltched once about their ROM. I do however, know that this type of training is as dangerous as it gets. It's no question why Branch has more injuries than any other top IFBB pros. I'm sure there's many more to come.

I can pretty much guarantee you that Branch Warren will be off the map before the age of 40. Probably will only take one more severe injury within the next few years and he'll be another retired scrub bodybuilder that nobody gives a shlt about.

true. 1010110

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's hard to believe Branch is only about 37. He looks like he's 57 years old.

LOL

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I never said you did I was teasing Natzo... I know where you & Tim are coming from and I dont disagree with your point of view that slow & controlled is better... what I have always tried to get accross is that the fast paced "bouncing of the chest training" has its benifits too... if Average Joe "grew into" (very important "grew into") doing JOJ + Branch style training (as both of them have) with "average Joe weights" it would only do them good!
BTW Branch doesnt look a day over 10 years older than you
Two if after being in competetive BBing for 20 years, winning multiple different national copmetitions, ASC and placing 2nd in Olympia he retires due to a severe injury in next (could you made that prediction any safer... i wonder?) few years.... and then if a small group of SOBs decided to not give a sh'i't about him then its their bad!

Last edited:
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I never said you did I was teasing Natzo... I know where you & Tim are coming from and I dont disagree with your point of view that slow & controlled is better... what I have always tried to get accross is that the fast paced "bouncing of the chest training" has its benifits too... if Average Joe "grew into" (very important "grew into") doing JOJ + Branch style training (as both of them have) with "average Joe weights" it would only do them good!

really do you beleivein that? so if you grow in it it makes it right?