• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Joker vs Joker (Jack Nicholson vs Heath Ledger)

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jack was def the clown version, not as demented as Ledgers.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think there's a difference in the Joker characters which people who think Heath was better by a mile aren't seeing. I think Heath's joker was an easier character to play, as opposed to Jack's. Again, both great, but I can see Jack playing Heath's Joker and also scaring the shit out of audiences, but I can't exactly see the converse.
I disagree Slave. Ledger locked himself in a hotel room for a month to fine tune his character to a tee. He worked on everything from speech to how he thought the joker should walk. I thought Jack's version was great for an over the top cartoonish movie, but Ledger pwned dude.

Oh and did anyone else notice the way the Joker spoke was slightly similiar to Alex out of 'A Clockwork Orange'? Judge for yourself:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Heaths joker is far greater. Heaths a much better physical actor his walk,his talk, his eye movements all worked in perfect harmony to create a better image of this physco character. I doubt he will be recast id say they will write the joker out. I dont see anyone else being that chracter as good.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm with Ironslave. Personally, I think Jack Nicholson is a better actor. Again, Heath was great, no doubt. But I couldn't see him playing Jack's clown version well.

Again, no disrespect to Ledger. He was fawkin great.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Heaths joker is far greater. Heaths a much better physical actor his walk,his talk, his eye movements all worked in perfect harmony to create a better image of this physco character. I doubt he will be recast id say they will write the joker out. I dont see anyone else being that chracter as good.

But see, that is my point. That's more a reflection on the type of joker, and not the actors.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Imagine THIS version of Jack in the Dark Knight....

Talk about crazy.....

S

shearered

definitely heath ledger, the best joker

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I know he based part of his character off of him so thats why you saw the similarity.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Heath's Joker FTW. Jack might be a far better actor but the in depth characterisation that Heath put into his Joker makes him a much more horrifying figure. Jack's Joker was mainly played for gags.