• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Just saw Terminator Salvation!

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
15hfpuc-1.jpg

Which one is Line :icon_ninja:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pain said:
DA said:
Which one is Line :icon_ninja:
The one with the deep look of satisfaction.

So which one?
Line said:
Well, yes and no. James has been so busy with Avatar for such a long period of time that I worry about his mental state. Jokes aside, he wasn't coming back for this in the same way that McG wasn't hired to make a good movie. He was hired to unapologetically blow things up, to make "creative" imagery come alive so posters and trailers would look interesting and to subsequently put people into seats. Reviews and word of mouth are already terrible though and even the midnight crowd from when my editor saw the film didn't greet it very warmly. I can't stress enough how much of a hack McG is, for reasons beyond how tasteless and post-modernly confused his self-title is. He's really a poor man's Michael Bay, who, if anything, actually showed signs of improvement with Transformers. McG shows no improvement or willingness to do so in any of his films, because he's making too much money to bother with matters like authorian expression. So, in this sense, he did his job, but I can't see fans of the series (who appreciate its broader concerns beyond a) the action scenes, and b) Arnold) actually liking this film.

I really like this quote from our writer at Box Office and, although I tend to usually disagree with her reviews, I found this bit pretty summarizing of what McG does as a filmmaker. That is, forget the details.

And though we're curious how the very old, the very young and the very ignorant have survived the last fourteen years of machine-on-man genocide, there's no real sense that they have. People don't seem toughened; they seem transplanted into a devastated world.

The rest is here.
I always thought McG was a TV producer and a music video director, not a director (Supernatural is the only thing I can think of of his). Actually just checked and he did those woeful Charlies Angels movies :omgwtf:

I've heard a few things about James Cameron that make me think that he has become an obsessive perfectionist. We may not see another visionary film from him :bitenails:

If that quote is anything to go by then clearly they haven't sorted out basic canon and character history for this movie. Any decent writer and director team should have that nailed before they start.

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm still mad about wasting money on movie tickets to see TS.
It's probably one of the worst movies I've seen in quite a while, and Bale plain and simple just sucks in this movie, he's overacting most of the time and his use of "the voice (which also ruined Batman: The Dark Knight for me)" only made me laugh.
The worst part about the moive (apart from all the plot holes) is the ending which is so predictable and full of clichés (and gayness) that I felt the only thing missing would be an American flag waving in the background, to make it a complete disaster.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm still mad about wasting money on movie tickets to see TS.
It's probably one of the worst movies I've seen in quite a while, and Bale plain and simple just sucks in this movie, he's overacting most of the time and his use of "the voice (which also ruined Batman: The Dark Knight for me)" only made me laugh.
The worst part about the moive (apart from all the plot holes) is the ending which is so predictable and full of clichés (and gayness) that I felt the only thing missing would be an American flag waving in the background, to make it a complete disaster.

have to agree with you. i thought bale way overacted. though i have to totally, TOTALLY disagree on the batman thing. he has to disguise his voice dude! the movie is trying to be as realistic as possible. what would you have him change his voice to? something high pitched and gay? i'm sorry but that's totally how batman should sound considering he has to disguise his voice to maintain his identity.

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
have to agree with you. i thought bale way overacted. though i have to totally, TOTALLY disagree on the batman thing. he has to disguise his voice dude! the movie is trying to be as realistic as possible. what would you have him change his voice to? something high pitched and gay? i'm sorry but that's totally how batman should sound considering he has to disguise his voice to maintain his identity.

His voice in the first Batman movie was how it should sound, but in the sequel it was way too much.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
His voice in the first Batman movie was how it should sound, but in the sequel it was way too much.

having watched both multiple times i almost catch him at times in BB barely, if at all disguising his voice to the point i even asked the other watching it with me if they could even hear a difference. personally i think the dark knight voice is far more suited for the character. batman is the most badass hero there is, he should sound badass.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i recently watched the movie few days ago
truthly i thought it was a huge let down