• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Kai Greene disappointed me

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have a theory that Kai is just one of those guy's that gives up when he knows he didn't bring his best package.

This would explain all those motivation, philosophy and goal setting books he reads. He probably is a bit of a quitter. It is really hard to change that mental outlook too.

But lets be fair and say that he wasn't the only one lacking energy and enthusiasm. Dex was barely there as a competitor. Same could be said of Vic, but he looked off anyway.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This would explain all those motivation, philosophy and goal setting books he reads. He probably is a bit of a quitter. It is really hard to change that mental outlook too.

But lets be fair and say that he wasn't the only one lacking energy and enthusiasm. Dex was barely there as a competitor. Same could be said of Vic, but he looked off anyway.

Good point, i remember watching an interview or article, i dont quite remember, about after in i think 2006 at the colorado he placed like 10th or so and almost gave up bodybuilding right there and took a lot of convincing from others to get him to keep competing.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I think he was behind on his precontest prep and they rushed to get him as cut as they can which lead to him coming in flat and not having the muscle to push through the skin and show more details. He was also behind before the arnold.... imagine if his dieting was on time and not late? He would not have to rush things and flatten out for the sake of glute striations, he would have have the time to dial the striations while being full. that will be a sight to see.... IF he can get it together and IF he can DO IT

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think he was behind on his precontest prep and they rushed to get him as cut as they can which lead to him coming in flat and not having the muscle to push through the skin and show more details. He was also behind before the arnold.... imagine if his dieting was on time and not late? He would not have to rush things and flatten out for the sake of glute striations, he would have have the time to dial the striations while being full. that will be a sight to see.... IF he can get it together and IF he can DO IT
It seems like he always rushes his diet. Oscar needs to change something up, because I heard Kai's diet was only 8 weeks long, which is too fast. I said this before the Olympia, but everybody chanted "shut up! Kai knowz whats hez doin!! hez gun bring teh best package eva!!!11"

Some people here may disagree, but I believe we haven't seen the best package Kai can bring after packing on all that mass. I felt he was very very full at the Arnold Classic, but holding too much water under his skin. At the Australia I felt he was holding much less water, but was too depleted. Now at the Olympia, I felt he wasn't lean enough and way too depleted.

I'm telling you, if Kai brought his A-game, I don't think it matters what Jay Cutler looks like.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It seems like he always rushes his diet. Oscar needs to change something up, because I heard Kai's diet was only 8 weeks long, which is too fast.

Some people here may disagree, but I believe we haven't seen the best package Kai can bring after packing on all that mass. I felt he was very very full at the Arnold Classic, but holding too much water under his skin. At the Australia I felt he was holding much less water, but was too depleted. Now at the Olympia, I felt he wasn't lean enough and way too depleted.

I'm telling you, if Kai brought his A-game, I don't think it matters what Jay Cutler looks like.

If he has only been doing an 8 week prep then i think just a couple more on top of that, if he can figure out the right balance then you may be right :bitenails:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I hate to say this, but I think you are right.

I'd prefer to eat gravel than see Kai a Mr O, but he could wow a lot of people with an improved diet. I'd still like to see whether politics will have a say in how successful he is. Maybe the IFBB is fine with massive skeletons in closests.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If he has only been doing an 8 week prep then i think just a couple more on top of that, if he can figure out the right balance then you may be right :bitenails:
Kai eats about 500-1000 grams of protein in the offseason, on top of a lot of carbs and fat. Once he starts dieting, his carbs drop very very low. Then, once Oscar feels Kai's getting too depleted, they do an entire day of cheat meals. I think this is a very good method, but he should add a few more weeks of dieting to do everything less drastic.

Because let's face it, that's a very drastic way to go about your diet.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Kai eats about 500-1000 grams of protein in the offseason, on top of a lot of carbs and fat. Once he starts dieting, his carbs drop very very low. Then, once Oscar feels Kai's getting too depleted, they do an entire day of cheat meals. I think this is a very good method, but he should add a few more weeks of dieting to do everything less drastic.

Because let's face it, that's a very drastic way to go about your diet.

True, but it has been working wonders for him (especially the offseason!). I agree if they do this method of dieting, which has been working fairly well, just a little longer we could see an amazing kai, because we all know he has the potential to bring the best conditon (or one of) we have ever seen on stage.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
True, but it has been working wonders for him (especially the offseason!). I agree if they do this method of dieting, which has been working fairly well, just a little longer we could see an amazing kai, because we all know he has the potential to bring the best conditon (or one of) we have ever seen on stage.
I never said anything about his offseason. Whatever he's doing in the offseason, should stay exactly the same. I'm referring to his very short, risky, dieting approach.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I never said anything about his offseason. Whatever he's doing in the offseason, should stay exactly the same. I'm referring to his very short, risky, dieting approach.

Thats what i was getting at, his offseason diet and program seems to be amazing, but him and oscar need to tweak his prep

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP

X2 he seems to have a productive offseason everytime, never loses his abs. As i originally said, he is always behind on his contest prep... i agree he needs 1 1/2 - 2 weeks extra so he doesnt rush things

raggamuffini

raggamuffini

Look at the difference in his biceps peaks in those two different BDB shots! Is that only matter of posing or has he really got that much more muscle to the biceps in just couple of months?

A

abeljr

He is pretty old..might not be easy for him to dial in that condition all the time.

D

DIPLOMAT007

i want his reaction to his a placing some sort of interview , im very intrested to hear oscar and kai talk about what happen to their plan