• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

KAI GREENE "WHAT HAPPENED AT THE O"

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think Kai over trained and ate too much this year. His body did not respond the way he desired it to.

I agree. Someday he'll suffer a heart attack in he continues eating and training that way without letting his body rest.

Zviko

Zviko

This made up for the long wait I respect his raw honesty about how he felt.

Aeugh

Aeugh

Okay.

Bodybuilding has changed in the 2000's more rapidly than ever before. Because of the internet we can actually see what the bodybuilder's personality is outside of the stage and the gym. Before the internet the only thing you would know about a bodybuilder is the short little interview you would see before he steps on stage, an interview here and there, and some articles and pictures in a bodybuilding magazine. Okay, if you really were a fan you would purchase his DVD and there maybe his personality would shine through just a bit. Don't you think that if Kevin Levrone, after coming 2nd so many times, had cameras following him backstage at Olympia events wouldn't show his true feelings? I'm sure him as well as pretty much every other bodybuilder with high expectations was devastated, raged, cried, and talked about quitting numerous times.

What's the difference? Until recently, we never had bodybuilding fans monitoring his every move and everything he said, because such content was simply unavailable. Dramatic? Definately. Life is dramatic, especially if you are a top competing bodybuilder with a camera pointed in your face during one of your most depressing days.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Okay.

Bodybuilding has changed in the 2000's more rapidly than ever before. Because of the internet we can actually see what the bodybuilder's personality is outside of the stage and the gym. Before the internet the only thing you would know about a bodybuilder is the short little interview you would see before he steps on stage, an interview here and there, and some articles and pictures in a bodybuilding magazine. Okay, if you really were a fan you would purchase his DVD and there maybe his personality would shine through just a bit. Don't you think that if Kevin Levrone, after coming 2nd so many times, had cameras following him backstage at Olympia events wouldn't show his true feelings? I'm sure him as well as pretty much every other bodybuilder with high expectations was devastated, raged, cried, and talked about quitting numerous times.

What's the difference? Until recently, we never had bodybuilding fans monitoring his every move and everything he said, because such content was simply unavailable. Dramatic? Definately. Life is dramatic, especially if you are a top competing bodybuilder with a camera pointed in your face during one of your most depressing days.

Sorry but this is a shallow defense.

Just because the playing field has changed doesn't excuse behaviour that doesn't change with it. I agree with Ben: Kai doesn't have the right mindset and he tries to convince himself he does, but the first blow to the ego and the mindset reverts. Now I'm not saying that this makes him a bad person, but his attitude has just been recorded and sent out to fans. If this was just the day after, feeling bad, and then everything was fine afterwards then you would argue that he needed to manage his image and not allow this video to be released. Simply put it possibly isn't representative of him. But on the other hand he probably thinks this is representative or he is fine with being used as a commodity, good or bad. In which case I think fans would then question his ability (as we are doing so) to win an O.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
This is "personal brand marketing" gone bad, as opposed to Zack Khan's "road to recovery" wich is the same "personal brand marketing" done (imho) very well. While the former has made some Kai fan upset the latter has made people to like Zack and root him in his comeback.
Bad move from Kai or Kai's managers/sponsors.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Like losing a mother or someone you love??
Just like that...all my respect for this man went up in smoke..

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Meh, just move on from this. I believe Kai might be now training like mad for the ASC. That's only thing that matter here.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like Kai but come one, what a drama grapefruit queen!! Sounds like a black version of Daniel Andersson.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I like Kai but come one, what a drama grapefruit queen!! Sounds like a black version of Daniel Andersson.

You know it..but I would like to point out that I dont do grapes...

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
tkD is a well known mecca troll. Obvious troll is obvious.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
How am I trolling you fruitheads?