• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Keeping muscles:HELP

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i really can't see myself losing too much leg size, besides, i wouldnt mind burning the fat i'm holding there. so you dont think wut has been recommended to me in teh earlier posts with the bcaa's would work??

i think they would help.... but leg size and strength are the first things your gonna start losing if you participate in soccer. you will get much leaner though, so you will look better.

HATER

HATER

i think they would help.... but leg size and strength are the first things your gonna start losing if you participate in soccer. you will get much leaner though, so you will look better.

ya its ok then, i'm sick of having my legs chafe and a big butt anyways.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
but let me remind you of somthing. You're saying that carrying muslce will slow me down on the field, right?. Well how about the few top sprinters that carried a good amount of muslce and still managed to be number one. For example, donovan bailey, and the most famous one, morrice green (spelling?). I remeber watching morrice one year and just couldnt believe how much muscle his upper body had while he was on top of the world as the fastest sprinter. So can carrying muscle be all that bad playing soccer, i think i can use it to my advantage pushing people off the ball.

Please don't nitpick.

Did I say "carrying muscle will slow you down"? No, I said "a whole lot of extra muscle." But, since you're not vying to be a pro soccer player or anything, it's not a problem. Of course, top level sprinters have muscular upper bodies, but for example, have you ever seen a sprinter with 19 inch arms? Your goal is to play soccer while keeping muscle. The point I was trying to make is that it's not advantageous for a competitive pro soccer player who's goal is to be the best soccer player they can, to be carrying around a whole lot of extra weight.

Also keep in mind, these are sprint athletes, an extra 20 extra pounds of muscle is going to be more detrimental to an endurance athlete who has to run for 45 minutes continually, than one who has to run for 10 seconds.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Please don't nitpick.

Did I say "carrying muscle will slow you down"? No, I said "a whole lot of extra muscle." But, since you're not vying to be a pro soccer player or anything, it's not a problem. Of course, top level sprinters have muscular upper bodies, but for example, have you ever seen a sprinter with 19 inch arms? Your goal is to play soccer while keeping muscle. The point I was trying to make is that it's not advantageous for a competitive pro soccer player who's goal is to be the best soccer player they can, to be carrying around a whole lot of extra weight.

Also keep in mind, these are sprint athletes, an extra 20 extra pounds of muscle is going to be more detrimental to an endurance athlete who has to run for 45 minutes continually, than one who has to run for 10 seconds.

yes a sprinter is in no way comparable to a soccer player. soccer requires far more endurance whereas a sprinter is only running 100 or 200m as fast as he can. a better comparison would be a soccer player to a 1600m or 3200m runner.

HATER

HATER

yes a sprinter is in no way comparable to a soccer player. soccer requires far more endurance whereas a sprinter is only running 100 or 200m as fast as he can. a better comparison would be a soccer player to a 1600m or 3200m runner.

yea thats a better comparison i guess, but i'm still gonna do it, having this muscle on me is not gonna make me think twice. besides, i'm not sure that i'm as crazy anymore about this whole bodybuilding thing as when i first started., i mean i like it, it keeps you lookin good and feeling healthy, but thats all i see it as now.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yea thats a better comparison i guess, but i'm still gonna do it, having this muscle on me is not gonna make me think twice. besides, i'm not sure that i'm as crazy anymore about this whole bodybuilding thing as when i first started., i mean i like it, it keeps you lookin good and feeling healthy, but thats all i see it as now.

Great view. My points in essence can be summarized as this:

- You won't lose much muscle playing soccer if you train/eat right
- Many soccer players are not jacked, because they don't need to be, and it might be detrimental to their soccer performance.

HATER

HATER

Great view. My points in essence can be summarized as this:

- You won't lose much muscle playing soccer if you train/eat right
- Many soccer players are not jacked, because they don't need to be, and it might be detrimental to their soccer performance.

yes good points, but who knows, if i get into soccer as serious as i once was about 4.5 years ago, and think i have a chance to make something out of it (highly doubtfull but will try none the less), then i might have to say bye bye to the iron game, or maybe just trim my body down to a solid lean 175lbs. or so.

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
pretty good stuff on this thread, looks like i´m going down the same road as Hater but it´s bball, summer is offseason so i only have like 1 practice a week, so i´m doing mostly weight training and shooting after that. so what i do to keep the muscle is to have a gatorade during and after practice/training. also have creatine+protein. any advice would be cool, sorry for hijacking your tread hater

HATER

HATER

pretty good stuff on this thread, looks like i´m going down the same road as Hater but it´s bball, summer is offseason so i only have like 1 practice a week, so i´m doing mostly weight training and shooting after that. so what i do to keep the muscle is to have a gatorade during and after practice/training. also have creatine+protein. any advice would be cool, sorry for hijacking your tread hater

yeah no problem brother, its all for the good anyways.... note to everyone else, i asked this earlier but no answer. should i switch my protein shakes to weight gainer shakes??... just so that i would have extra calories, carbs.??..

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i would think would do you better since, your gonna need more carbs then protein, coming from a soccer town, many are pretty jacked so i think you can be pretty muscular. also depends on the posistion your gonna play, defender center they can be really big, good luck with your soccer hater

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff