• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Layne Norton has a torn pec

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I had heard about this on biolayne.com. I was hoping to ask him about this at the AC, but I didn't get to see him. I'm hoping for a speedy recovery for Big Layne.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He wasn't planning on doing a bodybuilding show for another two years anyways. But, this may effect his future powerlifting lifts, if he's still doing it.

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
is it just me or does steroid muscle look different to non-steroid muscle???

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Yes they are often bigger:ughnoes:

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
is it just me or does steroid muscle look different to non-steroid muscle???

Of course. With roids you can get to some levels you only can dream being natural.

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Also stroid muscles tend to look fuller and expanded while naturals usually looks smaller and more compact.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So, more questions to you wise people :3

How does a muscle get teared ? I mean biologically and functionally. What is the thing that cracks, the tendon ? The muscle ligaments ? The joinings ? What exactly, and what are the chemical and phisiological elements that may cause the tearings to happen and how to avoid them.

Any link or brief answer would be very much appreciated, and I will rep the shit out of you.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
"Just got back from the ortho with my MRI results.

The tear is worse than anyone thought. It is a full thickness tear of the pec major at the muscle-tendon junction (worse than tearing the tendon off the bone). Surgery is definitely a priority now to make sure I regain full function. The recover period is 6-12 months and will require me to have my arm in a sling for about 4 weeks after the surgery. The part that I am most bummed about it my right side will atrophy big time right before my wedding in May and I'll look like absolute crap for it and the cruise. I know it might seem like it's not a big deal but I really wanted to be in good shape for my wedding and my first cruise. But at least it's going to get fixed.

The ortho did say something funny, he said "the fact that you have no complained about pain that much, only it being 'uncomfortable' just tells me that you have a ridiculous tolerance to pain". LOL

-Layne"

:ughnoes:

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Kinda scares me to bench tonight.

:ughnoes:

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thats terrible... His right side will atrophy BIG time! And on a natty physique it will take a really really long time to even things out if it even ever does. It really is a shame but he is a very intense lifter and the body can only handle so much stress before it..."snaps". Maybe now is a good time for layne to consider anabolics....

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Maybe now is a good time for layne to consider anabolics....

If he takes steroids, I doubt I'll still be a fan of him. I admire him because he's a natural, not because of his physique (although that's something to be proud of as it's still great). I liked him because he had great work ethic and he built his temple out of nothing but hard work and some elbow grease, not gear.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ That is true! I was half-way kidding when I said that. He is a big reason of why I bodybuild today and I have learned a lot from him. It is a sad thing though and I really hope that he can get it all back together.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like Layne a lot, every year at the Arnold I chat with him more than anyone else.

I really hope he has a quick recovery from this tragedy.

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Best of luck to layne man. He has helped many people online with advice and such