• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Line - "We Can Rebuild Him"

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Date: December 20th, 2011
Pull-ups This Month: 1325

Chest and Shoulders
Lots of pressing today. Impressive pressing, one might say. No? Well, drat. Anyway, I modified my form a little bit on my bench in an attempt to boost my total. It worked, though the tension put on my left shin, which has been bothering me lately, hurt like a bitch. And yet, I was happy with today's numbers. Here's the damage...

BB Bench Press
135 x 10
185 x 10
205 x 8
225 x 6
245 x 2
265 x 2
285 x 1
295 x 1 (drop) 265 x 2 (drop) 245 x 2 (drop) 225 x 4 (drop) 135 x 20

I really need Glex back to spot me and give me a lift off, as I'm pretty sure I would have nailed three bills if I had a lift and a spot. Part of it is the confidence factor, part of it the being-able-to-more-efficiently-keep-my-lats-tight factor.

DB Unilateral Floor Press
75 x 10
75 x 10
75 x 10
75 x 10

Feels good, man.

Seated DB Shoulder Press
80 x 8
80 x 8
80 x 8
80 x 8

DB Lateral Raises superset with Machine Presses
Four sets here, twelve and fifteen reps, respectively. After all that pressing I was pretty much in the mood to just get a decent pump and get out of there. Mission accomplished.

DB Rear Delt Raises and Band Face Pulls
Four sets out. I saved my trap work for tomorrow's back session, as I'm considering deadlifting again. We shall see.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
great effort on the bench Line, that als set seems rutal with all those drops!

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
drop sets are awesome.. good pump for chest.
300 soon bro!

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Sorry for the lack of updates. As of now I'm in a bit of a transitional phase, as I'm contemplating joining a large, commercial gym. Obvious disadvantages aside, I'd like to branch out a bit and, more importantly, have some friends to lift with. Anyway, I toned down my pressing for about two weeks' time because I was dealing with some impingement in my right shoulder — this is where working in a physical therapy clinic comes in handy. Fortunately, I rehabbed the thing pretty quickly and managed to put up 275 for three doubles in my last chest session. Moreover, my deadlift is climbing again, culminating with a 450 pound pull last night. So things are good. Hopefully training with others will help me take them to next level though.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Well, now my left shoulder is having impingement issues, lol. Anyway, I did get that 300 bench last week, and it felt great. It's just that my interior capsules are incredibly tight, which is what's leading to my now-reoccuring shoulder problems. I am, however, doing a lot of stretching and, for now, working around the discomfort. I modified my usual back and triceps routine to accommodate my current situation, and basically turned my workout into a deadlift-centric day. I got up to 475 -- coincidentally, this was the only set I used straps for -- and lost it at the top when, you guessed it, one of the straps snapped in half. As they now stand, my lifts are approximately 300-375-475, with squat being my main training focus. In my opinion, my form has never been better -- I suppose this has to happen as you get older, and your body starts to rebel against your sins of past. Working in a physical rehab clinic has proven opportune though, at least in the way of treating my injuries and making sure that A) there's no long-term damage, and B) getting back to pounding out reps as soon as physically possible.

Until next time.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Isn't it? My shoulder is starting to feel better, but I'm going to attempt any chest or shoulder work just yet. If nothing else, this has provided with me a chance to work on my legs with more frequency than usual...a yoke bar would be appreciated though.