• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

List your DVD's.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Almost Famous
Matchpoint
A History of Violence
North by Northwest
Traffic
The Proposition
Annie Hall
Charade
Groundhog Day
Raging Bull

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dam Tech pumped a super rep into me.

It felt good :spy:

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Click
lucky number slevin
X men 3

Just a few i have watched reciently that i enjoyed

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Spike said:
lol how many movies have you been watching these days Tech?
I actually don't watch very many movies. I'm just trying to build up my collection.

I just watched "The Woodsman". I didn't really like it...it's wasn't pedophiley enough for me. :e5dunno:

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Green Mile
Godfather
Schindlers List
Pulp Fiction
One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest
Scarface
Reservior Dogs
Chasing Amy
The Fifth Element
Saving Private Ryan
Gladiator
Independence Day
Leon
The Matrix
X-man 123
Se7en
Fight Club
The Shawshank Redemption
Armageddon
Grease
Good Will Hunting
Dead Poets Society
Memento
Platoon

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tech said:
I just watched "The Woodsman". I didn't really like it...it's wasn't pedophiley enough for me. :e5dunno:

:no:

Mystic River
The Matador
Dead Man's Shoes

All good films. Dead Man's shoes is a quality revenge film.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
Troy's awful. I'm so glad the acient Greek/Roman epics are dead. I wasn't even a huge fan of Gladiator so it was good to see the epic rise and fall with Ridley Scott.

As for The Patriot: I didn't realize the American Revolution was won by a father's love :e5dunno:

Rent a real war movie like Paths of Glory and call me in the morning :eatmousepointer:
Troy was fun to watch. The Patriot was a great movie, come'on man. No Hollywood movie is going to be exact on history.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Rocky said:
:no:

Mystic River
The Matador
Dead Man's Shoes

All good films. Dead Man's shoes is a quality revenge film.
The part where Kevin Bacon asked the little girl to sit on his lap was funny. If I were a child predator, that'd be my line.

:bowhay:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tech said:
The part where Kevin Bacon asked the little girl to sit on his lap was funny. If I were a child predator, that'd be my line.

:bowhay:

What's with the "If"?

If you want to see a really fucked up film - watch "Irreversible" it's a french film that works backwards and there is the most graphic scene with a fire extinguisher you've ever seen.
And then a 10 minute long uncut shot of Monica Belluci being raped in the arse and then beaten up in a subway.
It's lovely.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Flex said:
Troy was fun to watch. The Patriot was a great movie, come'on man. No Hollywood movie is going to be exact on history.
I agree about films being exact on history but putting in some sort of effort towards accuracy would be nice. There's a lot of good war and historical films that aren't altogether factual but still hold their own in a broader scope, while others are still really well made.

The Patriot was bad enough that Sony took heat for payed employees (mostly African Americans) to pretend they were fans coming out of the film for commercial shoots. The movie's word-of-mouth among "fans" that was good :rolleyes:

Not to mention, I don't really understand the draw of Mel Gibson...and it's needlessly 2.5 hours long :uhoh2:

As for Troy, poorly acted, bad story, distracting mistakes, mediocre action scenes, plot holes, etc...etc...Without Brian Cox, that movie would've been absolutely awful because it actually takes itself seriously :no:
Rocky said:
If you want to see a really fucked up film - watch "Irreversible" it's a french film that works backwards and there is the most graphic scene with a fire extinguisher you've ever seen.
And then a 10 minute long uncut shot of Monica Belluci being raped in the arse and then beaten up in a subway.
It's lovely.
I actually have this on my "list to rent." Besides being fucked up, did you actually enjoy the film, Rocky?

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
I actually have this on my "list to rent." Besides being fucked up, did you actually enjoy the film, Rocky?

It is one of those films that is more about trying to stir up controversy in my opinion. It's not the easiest film to watch, not simply because of the subject matter and the sexual violence but also the way in which it is shot - very Frnech. The opening scene is very disorientating. But it is well hot. In the same way as "Memento", it works backwards, but each scene is one long shot so in that respect it is very well done, and he acting is spot on with the range of emotions tat they go through. Definately one to watch- even if it is only once.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Rocky said:
It is one of those films that is more about trying to stir up controversy in my opinion. It's not the easiest film to watch, not simply because of the subject matter and the sexual violence but also the way in which it is shot - very Frnech. The opening scene is very disorientating. But it is well hot. In the same way as "Memento", it works backwards, but each scene is one long shot so in that respect it is very well done, and he acting is spot on with the range of emotions tat they go through. Definately one to watch- even if it is only once.
Thanks, I actually have read up on it a bit but I wasn't sure if the extreme violence was more to get people into the theater than to tell the actual story. Still, I like this idea that a realistic knee-jerk quest for revenge ultimately leads to tragedy...I'm sure it'll happen to me some day :noesskull:

Plus, I like French filmmaking. I'm becoming more snoody and pretentious with age.

P

Pain

VIP
Sorry for the bump.

I need idea's for movies to buy *wink*wink*.

Post some good suggestions, please.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Heres my "DVDs"

BFTO 2004
BFTO 2005
BFTO 2006
BFTO 2007

Jay Cutler - New Improved and beyond
Jay Cutler - One step closer
Jay Cutler - From Jay to Z
Phil Heath - The Gift

Then I have some other stuff...

1262yci 1
208jk7t 1
Wbtb87 1
10r7g2g 1
33pf0gk 1

I might have forgotten something..

P

Pain

VIP
Is your hard drive over 1 million GB's?

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
too many to write them all down, but here some in my collection:

Star Wars trilogy pack (the old movies)
the lord of the rings triology
the matrix triology
the boondock saints
the unthouchables
fight club
a history of violence
smoking aces
Ali
mean streets
kundun
transformers
bridge over river kwai
the bounty
braveheart
a night at the roxbury
brokeback mountain:keke:
bowling for columbine
fahrenheit 9/11
scarface
millers crossing
the road to perdition
moulin rouge
alien vs predator
predator 1 & 2
forrest gump
grizzly man
pirates od the caribbean - the curse of the black pearl
habla con ella
last king of scotland
insideman
blue velvet
walk the line
romance & cigarettes
lilja 4-ever
king kong
cinderella man
lost in translation
crash

these are in the room i'm sitting in now. the others are in another room and i don't feel like running back and forth to write them down.