• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

MaKaVeLi's Log

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
damn dude your one big fella. Your bodyfat is high yes but you noticably have some muscle. Them shoulders of yours are like KA-bAM! You definitely have some great thickness to them too. You have descent lats as well Makky poo, hell, looks like you got just about everything just with some fat covering it up...If you shredded down you'd be one big scary man :eek4:

Your only 84kg???????? how tall are you like 5'6? lol. All these short people on this forum I swear :hay:

keep up the good work man.

Your indian? :spy: As in Mid-Eastern or Native American? I'm so confused :tear: Us damn Americans I know, you live here though right? I dont even know you anymore! :hay: :tear:

MaKaVeLi

MaKaVeLi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tweak said:
damn dude your one big fella. Your bodyfat is high yes but you noticably have some muscle. Them shoulders of yours are like KA-bAM! You definitely have some great thickness to them too. You have descent lats as well Makky poo, hell, looks like you got just about everything just with some fat covering it up...If you shredded down you'd be one big scary man :eek4:

Your only 84kg???????? how tall are you like 5'6? lol. All these short people on this forum I swear :hay:

keep up the good work man.

Your indian? :spy: As in Mid-Eastern or Native American? I'm so confused :tear: Us damn Americans I know, you live here though right? I dont even know you anymore! :hay: :tear:

:yardsalebroly: yeah i gotta get rid of this fat that's just accumulated over the past few months but I'm sure it won't take too long to shed if i stay consistent with my training and diet. To be honest I've never understood why I'm so light at my size and height (5 9" - 5 10")...i must be thin boned or sumthin I dunno :e5dunno: as for my race...chek it out - I'm an Indian who's ancestors came from india but I'm born in Fiji (3rd generation) and live in New Zealand (for the last 19 years)...aint that some shit! anywayz thanks for the constructive criticism which I think I got off lightly :eek5nono:

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
MaKaVeLi said:
:yardsalebroly: yeah i gotta get rid of this fat that's just accumulated over the past few months but I'm sure it won't take too long to shed if i stay consistent with my training and diet. To be honest I've never understood why I'm so light at my size and height (5 9" - 5 10")...i must be thin boned or sumthin I dunno :e5dunno: as for my race...chek it out - I'm an Indian who's ancestors came from india but I'm born in Fiji (3rd generation) and live in New Zealand (for the last 19 years)...aint that some shit! anywayz thanks for the constructive criticism which I think I got off lightly :eek5nono:

:eek4:

5'9 -5'10 and your only 84kg, damn...if I didnt know better I'd put you around 90-95kg easily. You gotta have small bones or something, I dont even know how to explain it. I'm sure Tim could, we'll have to get him in here

Yea thats right you better stay consistent bitch :spy: ( :tear: )

I mean seriously, 6 months ago you were stronger then me :eek5nono: I want to see some effort put forth big man!!! LETS GO!!!

How old are you anyway and are you in school or what do you do for a living?

MaKaVeLi

MaKaVeLi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i'd have to go with the small bone theory for now! yea i'm pretty depressed about my strength and conditioning but after seeing how far you've come along you've provided me with some good incentive to get stronger! :weightlifter: right now i'm 23 and I just graduated from University with a Ba and a BCom and I'm working as a network administrator. Finally getting money to afford a descent diet :wtcrun: btw dude, i don't know anythin bout u...:tear:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looking big Mak, keep poundin dem weights!

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
MaKaVeLi said:
i'd have to go with the small bone theory for now! yea i'm pretty depressed about my strength and conditioning but after seeing how far you've come along you've provided me with some good incentive to get stronger! :weightlifter: right now i'm 23 and I just graduated from University with a Ba and a BCom and I'm working as a network administrator. Finally getting money to afford a descent diet :wtcrun: btw dude, i don't know anythin bout u...:tear:

My name is Clint, I enjoy long walks on the beach, romantic dinners, sex on the first day is prefferable...I mean...what?? :uhoh2: :uhoh2:

:spy:

I'm 19, turn 20 on the 27th this month, been training for about 13 months now, and my stats are in my sig :spy:

MaKaVeLi

MaKaVeLi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dammit, for a second u had me all excited! only 19? by 21 u'll be pretty darn huuge man!

anywayz here's my workout for today...my numbers aren't gettin much better, but hey, I can't expect to get much stronger while cutting

Monday

Chest

Incline Bench Press: 44lbs x 15, 90lbs x 12, 135lbs x 10, 155lbs x 8, 168lbs x 6, 155lbs x 8
Flat DB Press: 60lbs x 10, 66lbs x 8, 66lbs x 6, 72lbs x 8: had a longer rest for the last set
Flat DB Flye: 33lbs x 8 - for 4 sets

Back (For Width)

Chinups: BW x 6, BW x 5, BW less 22lbs x 6 - for 2 sets: some how I've avoided these for the last 2 years
DB Pullover: 66lbs x 10, 72lbs x 8 - for 3 sets
Wide-grip Pulldown: 118lbs x 8 - for 2 sets, 121lbs x 8 - for 2 sets

Cardio/cooldown

Crosstrainer: low intensity for 10 mins

Time: 90 mins
Result: I need to do more chinups!

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good job Makky poo, Incline Bench is looking very solid along with those flats after hitting Incline so hard.

Work on them chinups man! Something good to do with them, do very low reps for quite a few sets, such as 10 sets of 2 or 3. That will help you with chinups, not so much for growth but it will help with strength very well.

Great work on that back man, and next time lets see more cardio :no: :hay:

good work dude

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
I agree with Tweaky; good workout, but more cardio if you're cutting! 20 minutes is a bare-minimum.

Keep pounding the chin-ups and you'll get 'em!

Everything else looks sexy :spy:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
MexicanMuscle

MexicanMuscle

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good session maka, u got some very good numbers, those incline presses are lookin great.

MaKaVeLi

MaKaVeLi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tweak - thanks for the comments and the advice... I've neglected that exercise for far too long so it's top on the agenda in terms of back for width. I agree the cardio should be 20 mins but i've found it hard to up the intensity while on such a carb-depleted diet. I think I'll have to drop the weight a bit coz losing the fat is more important to me now than putting on the muscle

Glex - thanks for checkin out my log and the comments, will try to get the 20 mins from now on...oh yeah n :hay:

Mex - thanks man, workin hard for it

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
how many carbs are you taking in daily anyway? You may not want to decrease them just yet or else you may burn out quickly and lose more muscle then fat. In fact, I'd say keep the carbs between 200-300 or wherever they were before and just add a good amount of cardio (30-60) minutes and do it slowly. Then over the weeks gradually drop the carbs. You never wanna drop them too quickly or you'll just burn your body up and the results wont be nearly as great as they could be if you were just patient.

MaKaVeLi

MaKaVeLi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
right now I'm not exactly counting carbs but based on what I consumed today I'd put my intake to within the 200 - 300g range, but I still get very tired even though I drink 3-4 cups of grean tea and I'm currently taking a fat burner. It's in my best interest not to burn out so I'll take on your advice and make sure I'm careful not to over do the carb depletion. I might log my intake and let you comment on it in a few days time a'ight. anywayz thanks again

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
no problem mak, thats what were all here for, to help each other. Others could help you quite a bit more than I could, I'm just a messenger really, I'm just telling you what I've learned from experience and from others. Ben has taught me a lot, Line also has too.

Post your carb intake and were all here to help brother :xyxthumbs:

MaKaVeLi

MaKaVeLi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tweak said:
no problem mak, thats what were all here for, to help each other. Others could help you quite a bit more than I could, I'm just a messenger really, I'm just telling you what I've learned from experience and from others. Ben has taught me a lot, Line also has too.

Post your carb intake and were all here to help brother :xyxthumbs:

fo sho! i'm gonna log my intake tomorrow and let u and anyone else criticise (and compliment :yardsalebroly: ) away

Tuesday

Quads

Squat: 90lbs x 10 - for 2 sets, 135lbs x 10, 180lbs x 6 - for 3 sets, 180lbs x 8: was going beyond parallel for some of the reps
Lying Leg Press: 360lbs x 12, 400lbs x 12 - for 3 sets: as heavy as the machine goes sadly

Hamstrings

SLDL: 90lbs x 10, 135lbs x 8 - for 3 sets: my lower back was gettin tight so I kept it light
Seated Hamstring Curls: 110lbs x 12, 120lbs x 10, 130lbs x 10, 140lbs x 8, 150lbs x 8

Calves

One-legged Calf Raises (on the lying leg press machine): 240lbs x 15 - for 2 sets, 300lbs x 12 - for 3 sets
Seated Calf Raise: 66lbs x 15, 90lbs x 15, 110lbs x 12 - for 2 sets

Time: 80 mins
Result: was knackered by the end of it!

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good stuff right there, you need a better Leg Press machine man your too strong :weightlifter:

SLDL you dont need a lotta weight anyhow man, and with your back getting tight you may want to hit some hyperextensions to losen it up before you squat.

Hammy curls are lookin good, and damn man you hit those calves hard :eek4: thats some serious calve work, you gonna get some big ass MOO calves with that kinda work.

No cardio? :tear: :tear: :tear:

great job makky pie :hay:

solid work as always :2:

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If your lower back gets tight, try a wider stance dude, it helped me out :xyxthumbs:

Good workout to mak, gotta get it to get big, yeah buddy :2:

MaKaVeLi

MaKaVeLi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tweak said:
good stuff right there, you need a better Leg Press machine man your too strong :weightlifter:

SLDL you dont need a lotta weight anyhow man, and with your back getting tight you may want to hit some hyperextensions to losen it up before you squat.

Hammy curls are lookin good, and damn man you hit those calves hard :eek4: thats some serious calve work, you gonna get some big ass MOO calves with that kinda work.

No cardio? :tear: :tear: :tear:

great job makky pie :hay:

solid work as always :2:

thanks man, lol yeah...check this out - I'm a member of a Club Physical which has around 8 gyms in Auckland which I can go to. So, the days I work I go to the gym that's just 5 mins walk away from where I work, and although the equipment is all new, it lacks some mahcines like a standing calf raise, lying leg curl and 45degree leg press. oh yeah, and it lacks anything I can do hyperextensions with! I think next time I'll spend some time stretchin the ol' lower back and hopefully that'll work. Anywayz today's diet wasn't all that much coz I was busy all day doing random stuff so I don't think it's worth noting down coz it's not exactly what I planned on.

Chesticles said:
If your lower back gets tight, try a wider stance dude, it helped me out :xyxthumbs:

Good workout to mak, gotta get it to get big, yeah buddy :2:

cheers boss, yeah I find that helps too which is why I took a slightly wider stance. Hopefully the tightness will ease up as I get back into squats n SLDL

thanks again for chekin my log ya'll :yardsalebroly:

MaKaVeLi

MaKaVeLi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wednesday

Cardio

Treadmill: medium-high intensity for 32 mins (400 calories)
Crosstrainer: interval training for 45 mins (580 calories)
Cycle: low intensity for 8 mins (40 calories)

Time: 85 mins
Total Calories: 1020
Weight: 83.75kg
Result: gonna try n get that 400 calories in 30 mins on the treadmill next cardio session