• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Manny Pacquiao nixes idea to fight Conor McGregor

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Manny Pacquiao released a statement that his bout for this year is nearing the final talks. He did not give a hint on who will be his opponent but many are thinking that it will be either of the 4 – Ryan Garcia, Errol Spence, Jr, Terrence Crawford or mixed martial arts fighter Conor McGregor. My guess is McGregor because he is one personality who is high ranked when it comes to pay-per-view. Besides, McGregor does not need a win like what he did with Floyd Mayweather. A purse would be enough for McGregor.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A Manny - McGregor bout would be sold out in a second. I'm rooting for this one.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Latest word from the Pacquiao camp - there will be a fight this year (2021) so you just wait for the announcement.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Now all we have to do is wait.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I hope we won't have to wait until December.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It seems that Manny Pacquio is dreaming with the purse he is asking to face Terrence Crawford. As recognized WBA champion in recess, Pacquiao said that his first choice for his next opponent in the ring is WBO champion. Terrence Crawford. With his fight record of 37 wins, no loss and 28 KOs, Crawford is a formidable opponent for Pacquiao who is aksing $40 million. Do you think that purse is possible with Crawford to get $10 million?

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There is no doubt about it. I actually believe Terrence Crawford deserves thrice that amount.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Crawford has been giving us amazing fights for years now. I'm pretty sure they can do better. This is a very big fight.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
At least, Manny is asking for $40 million only. I bet if Mayweather was put in that position, he would have asked for double that amount.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
At least, Manny is asking for $40 million only. I bet if Mayweather was put in that position, he would have asked for double that amount.

Last edited:
O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That is because Mayweather sells fights like nobody else out here.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I can't argue with that. I feel like the only reason people watch a Mayweather bout is because they want him to be beaten in his own game.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I can't argue with that. I feel like the only reason people watch a Mayweather bout is because they want him to be beaten in his own game.
Well, Mayweather has been known his his ability to move around the ring while avoiding getting hit, like nobody else in the game. It is about time someone beat him in his own game.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
WBC Welterweight Diamond Champion Mikey Garcia said they are finalizing talks with Manny Pacquaio for an eventual fight. He is the most qualified opponent of Pacquiao with his record of 40 wins and 30 KOs with only 1 loss. Garcia is confident that the fight with Pacquiao will be a blockbuster and would hit a record in the pay-per-view. However, my personal opinion is on the opposite regarding the popularity of the bout. Garcia is not a well-known boxer like Ryan Garcia. His last fight was February 2020 when earned a unanimous decision against Jesse Vargas.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was about to ask who the hell is Mikey Garcia. When I heard Garcia I immediately pictured Ryan. I'm not sure they are going to do that great per-per-view wise.

O

Olaf93

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have heard of Mikey Garcia but I haven't seen him fight before. This is my chance.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
After some failed talks on possible opponent, Terrence Crawford is now the target of Manny Pacquiao for his comeback bout this year. The planned venue is Abu Dhabi and the date is June 5 although nothing is concrete yet. Pacquaio may be aiming for run for president of the Philippines so he badly needs the fight for national exposure.