• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Minchinators Training Log

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
1/31/07, Legs today

Squats, close stance, to floor

135 x 10
225 x 6
275 x 6
325 x 4
345 x 2
365 x 1
375 x 1 + 225 x 5 - all 5 held at bottom for count of 3 and then squeezed up

Leg Press
4-45's e.s. x 10
7-45's e.s. x 6
9-45's e.s. x 6
9-45's e.s. x 6
2-45's e.s. x 12 for 2 sets and 1 set of 3-45's x 10, these were done with my feet in a calf raise position on the bottom of the pad - really burns the quads and each set was followed with calf raises for 12 reps each.

Traditional Hack Squats (behind the back deadlifts, very close stance)
135 x 10
225 x 8
275 x 4
325 x 6

Stiff Leg Dead Lifts
325 x 3
375 x 6

Lying Leg Curls
160 x 5
170 x 4 + 130 x 12

Leg Extensions
150 x 10
300 (stack + 35) x 10
300 x 8

Single Leg Hamstring Curls
60 x 10 each leg
80 x 8 each leg
60 x 10 each leg

It was an ok workout, but it left me wanting, I will do legs again Saturday and go lighter for more reps and a better pump, probably squat again, do some step ups, maybe some lunges, something to hit em a bit different.

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Had a terrible knot in my right upper trap all day today, left one was a bit sore as well. I have actually torn a small muscle that runs up the inside of your shoulder blade on both sides of my back, resulting in a lot of scar tissue and this massive knot ups every once in a while. I still worked out, it was my shoulder/triceps day with some chest flys, so doing shoulder presses was interesting and somewhat painful, but I only have 13 weeks so I can't be skipping now. Here is what I did

Seated Barbell Press
45 x 5
45 x 8
95 x 8
135 x 8
155 x 6
175 x 3
185 x 4 + 135 x 12, all of these sets really hurt my upper back and were hard to stabilize, but I made it.

Hammer Strength Behind the Neck Machine
45each side x 10
90 each side x 8
115 each side x 6 + 90 each side x 6 + 45 each side x 20

Nautilus Side Raise Machine, DB's just were not going to happen
60 x 10
110 x 8
130 x 8
170 x 5 + 60 x 15

Rear Delt DB Raise
50's x 6
70's x 6
70's x 6

Close Grip Bench Press, not to complain, but my upper back was not crazy about the whole elbows in thing
135 x 10
185 x 3
205 x 3
215 x 3 + 185 x 6 + 135 x 12

Pushdowns. did these very strictly and got a good pump
110 x 10
140 x 10
170 x 8
170 x 6

Incline DB Raises
30's x 12
40's x 12
60's x 12

Cable Flys, ground zero cable machine
10 x 12
13 x 12
15 x 8 + 10 x 12

Neck Bench Press on Smith Machine, each one taken down slow, held for a three count at my adams apple and then squeezed up with my elbows staying flared, great pump
70 each side x 6 for three sets

That's it, had to go get my son and go to my sisters house and watch everybody eat pizza while I had my chicken breast, was not that bad, I actually still like chicken, talk to me 10 weeks from now and that could be a bit different. Later all.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good workout, sorry to hear bout your tore muscle
Its good that you didn't do DBs for side raises
but your very experienced anyway,
Those pushdowns seem reeally inuman with the form you did..
I guess i should stop using the lat pull down for those lol...
Hope all goes well man, and you recover!!

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hypocrisy86 said:
Good workout, sorry to hear bout your tore muscle
Its good that you didn't do DBs for side raises
but your very experienced anyway,
Those pushdowns seem reeally inuman with the form you did..
I guess i should stop using the lat pull down for those lol...
Hope all goes well man, and you recover!!

Thanks man, they are old injuries that just flare up every once in a while, I have a few of those. Most of my friends don't understand why I like to workout so much when I have so many aches and pains - I don't think I have to worry about that lack of understanding on this site.

S

Scoular

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thought I would post in your log.

Leg strength and close grip benching is very good. Your SEATED barbell press - would like to see that in person. That must wreck your shoulders, no wonder your shoulder blades bad.
I know you know what your doing but standing barbell press would be a lot safer.

Do you mean tricep pushdowns on the machine? If so that's a bloody heavy weight.

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Scoular said:
Thought I would post in your log.

Leg strength and close grip benching is very good. Your SEATED barbell press - would like to see that in person. That must wreck your shoulders, no wonder your shoulder blades bad.
I know you know what your doing but standing barbell press would be a lot safer.

Do you mean tricep pushdowns on the machine? If so that's a bloody heavy weight.

Hey man, the triceps pushdowns are just on a cable machine, every one is different so it would be hard to say how that weight would compare to one you would use, but it is heavy enough for me when I am not leaning over and using my shoulders. The seated barbell press is with a full back support, not a half chair, and I make sure not to let my butt slide forward and create a gap between it and the back of the chair, might as well do inclines if I am doing that - and I see soooo many people do it. I also do all my presses very slow, probably 3-4 seconds down and then a squeeze up, not an exploive push, this is do to injuries I have incurred that don't make explosive presses all that safe for me, and that is also the reason I have gotten away from heavy standing presses, I have a very unstable left shoulder from a ligament tear years ago and it can woble on me, so the support of the chair is nice. Stop by any time, take care.

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No time to type in what I did, but I can tell you that is was legs on Saturday and Chest and Triceps on Sunday. Had to do Monday's workout on Sunday because I am getting all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled at 10:30 Monday morning. On top of that I have a freaking cold and am ready to fall asleep, but I have to finish watching the superbowl. Take care everyone.

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey folks, well my cold I wrote of in my last entry over a week ago was the flu, it sucked. I am almost over it, and today I finally got my wisdom teeth pulled, they could not do it last week because of the aformentioned flu. I missed a few workouts with the flu, and had a few more that sucked and that I probably should not have done. My last couple have been ok, taking today off because of my mouth, but I will get back at it tomorrow - hopefully at full strength again. I have stuck to my diet through the illness and am still on track for my show on May 5th, hopefully there will be no more problems. Later all.

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Did legs today, could feel some pressure were my teeth were pulled yesterday so I kept the reps pretty low with heavier weights, did not want anything to start bleeding.

Squats, very narrow stance, butt to floor, 2 second pause and squeeze up
135 x 10
185 x 8
225 x 6
315 x 3
315 x 3

Leg Press, done from toe press position
90 each side x 15
135 each side x 12
180 each side x 8
180 each side x 8
90 each side x 15

Stiff Leg Deadlift
135 x 8
225 x 8
315 x 3
365 x 3, could really feel pressure in my teeth here so I stopped

Single leg curl
40 x 12 each leg
60 x 12 each leg
60 x 12 each leg

Leg Extension
110 x 10
190 x 10
265 x 10 + 70 x 15 per leg, rest, 70 x 15 per leg

Lying Leg Curls
110 x 8
150 x 6

DB Walking Lunges
20's x 30 steps
20's x 30 steps
50's x 20 steps
70's x 16 steps
90's x 10 steps

Seated Calf Raises
90 x 10
180 x 10
180 x 10

It was an ok workout, felt good just to feel almost normal again.

Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
leg press from the toe press position is a good one, I feel it hitting a totally different part of my thighs. Keeep up the good work

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
damn those are some awesome numbers bro
315x3 that impress me alot
ur gonna kick some serious ass in you comp next may props dude

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just been too busy to update this rep for rep, but thanks for the good comments guys. My workouts are going well, switching to a much faster pace now but still keeping the weights up, did some deads Wednesday at the end of an 1 hour and 30 minute marathon weight lifting session in which I did way more than normal (just happy to not be sick)- I usually am more around an hour - and was able to get 440 for a few pretty easy so I was happy with that considering I am down to about 169 now and I was worn out. I will make my wife take some more pics soon and post a few up, maybe I will get a pump for them this time, we'll see. Finally fully over the flu and the following cold and my mouth is pretty well healed from having my wisdom teeth taken out - full speed ahead to May 5th. The girl that was supposed to do the show with me, she was going to do the figure show and maybe the couples bodybuilding with me (almost a free trophy as nobody ever does it), is probably going to back out, oh well, I have a freind doing a figure show a week later in Des Moines, IA with a chance to win her WNBF pro card - so I can diet long distance with her. That's all, later guys and gals, train hard and eat smart.

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not to complain, but I have been up since 3 this morning throwing up - I am so tired of getting sick, I am not sure what is up with my immune system, I have never had problems like this when dieting before, I don't think the two are related, but seriously, I just want to diet and workout - is that so much to ask? Hopefully this passes soon so I can eat something and maybe still get to the gym later tonight - no excuses!

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i hope you´ll get better to do that the diet and go to the gym
yep the flu sucks big time bro

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Max-ot_Mass said:
i hope you´ll get better to do that the diet and go to the gym
yep the flu sucks big time bro

Thanks man, better today, never got out of the house yesterday so I did so I did a modified chest and back workout to make up for it. It was an ok workout, but I was tired, probably dehydrated from yesterday and a little low on sugar considering I did not eat, but all in all it was ok and I am back at it again. My son has pink eye, if I get that I will seriously be pissed!

DelgadoMon

DelgadoMon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For legs, is it just me or is that alot of shit to do???

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
DelgadoMon said:
For legs, is it just me or is that alot of shit to do???

Suppose it depends on what you are used to doing. I like to do a couple of pressing movements - squats, leg press, etc., maybe some lunges, extensions, and a couple of hamstring curls - lying, standing, and then maybe finish with some stiff leg deads for good measure. Sometimes, step ups instead of lunges, sometimes both, but then I probably only did one press movements - squats, unless I was lazy and used a machine (it happens). That is what I am used to so it does not seem like that much to me. Later man, gotta get off the computer before the wife starts complaining.

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Everything is going good, my weight dipped to 168 at 10 weeks out last week, so I backed off on the diet for a week, I don't need to be that lean and light yet - I worry I will burn myself out. Today is exactly 9 weeks out so I am back at it, the dietary ease of the last week has rejuvenated my mind and body, strength and energy is better etc., so I am ready to dial it in now. I am on a new scedule which I have really been enjoying, Monday is Chest and Tris, Tuesday is Back and Bis, Wednesday is legs, Thursday is Shoulders and Calves, Friday is an upperbody workout, Saturday is legs again - completely different workout than Wednesday. This is actually a workout split I got from Rodney Helaire out of an issue of Natural Bodybuilding, thought it look like a good change so I went with it. I will do this until it feels like I am over training or something, but right now it feels great and I have actually been making some gains on certain things. Take care all, I do intend to post pics again, probably in two weeks.

Basebodyfitnesspaul

Basebodyfitnesspaul

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good update on progress man, looking forward to the pics. Good luck with the comp. :xyxthumbs:

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
can´t wait for those pics bro, great to see that ur alive and in good health