• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Monroeville's Ahmad Matour chasing pro card in International Federation of Bodybuilders

Bodybuilding News

Bodybuilding News

Ahmad Matour

Ahmad Matour was surrounded by a bevy of savory food selections on Thanksgiving Day.

But the Monroeville resident and one of the region’s top bodybuilders was disciplined and focused.

Matour has let nothing stand in the way of his goals in the lightweight division at Saturday’s National Physique Committee National Championships in Orlando, Fla.

“I couldn’t eat anything special,” said Matour, who turned 28 in September.

“My mother-in-law cooked for us, and each person brought his or her own dish. My wife Steph made a lasagna, my mom made chicken, my brother-in-law made turkey. And I brought my own chicken and rice. It was a little frustrating. But I knew what goals were in front of me. At that time, I was four weeks out from the show. I love food. Everyone loves food. But sometimes you have to sacrifice something for something else.”

The big prize Matour is after is an International Federation of BodyBuilders pro card. If he wins the lightweight division — 143 to 156 pounds — he automatically will receive the card.

Matour, 28, was used to the Thanksgiving food sacrifice as he prepared for last year’s Amateur Olympia competition the week before Christmas. The covid pandemic postponed the competition from September, and it was moved from Las Vegas to Orlando.

Matour won the lightweight title at the Amateur Olympia as he bested six others in the division. The victory capped a 2020 which also included a win at the Arnold Classic in Columbus, Ohio, nine months earlier at the onset of the covid pandemic.

It also propelled him to the NPC event and the opportunity to turn pro.

Matour, a native of the Kingdom of Jordan, normally begins to ramp up training for an event 12 weeks out. For this one, he kicked into high gear four weeks sooner.

“This competition is a national-level event, and it is more of a challenge than any shows I’ve done in the past,” Matour said.

As the event draws closer, Matour is decreasing the amount of carbs and fats in his diet. He said his carb intake is being reduced to one meal a day so he can look as lean as possible on stage.

“Usually, at the beginning of my prep, I have high carbs, high fats and high proteins, but I try to balance it between maintaining my muscle size and mass and also leaning out,” Matour said.

Matour said his progression of success in competitions fuels his optimism for Saturday’s event.

“It is preparation, both mentally and physically. I am able to draw on all of the experiences I’ve been through,” Matour said.

“With North American Pittsburgh, the first time I got second, and the second time I got first. Then I moved to the Arnold and won first. When I got first at the (Amateur) Olympia, I knew I was ready to move up and compete for my pro card,” Matour said.

Pre-judging Saturday begins at 8 a.m. and continues to about 1 p.m. The finals begin at 5.

“There has been so many people there for me, supporting me,” Matour said.

“Words can’t describe how I feel. I wouldn’t have made it this far if I didn’t have the team that is behind me. Each person has supported me in a different way, some mentally, some physically. They have sponsored me, paid for clothes or helped pay for my shows. It is an amazing feeling. I just can’t wait for the show and to prove that all the hard work will pay off.”

Ahmad won’t be alone in Orlando as he has a group of close to a dozen family members and friends who will be right there cheering him on.

“That all makes me want to work harder, to trainer harder, and become something better,” who trains and also trains others at L.A. Fitness in Monroeville.

“We are all here for the same reason and that is to get better physically and be able to feel good about ourselves. We need to support each other in the pursuit of better health.”

Bodybuilding News Source.

Last edited by a moderator: