• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Mr. Olympia Just in America

should the olympia just be in the states?

• Just in the States

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Different Country Every Year

Votes: 33 75.0%

• Total voters
theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
All that traveling would take a huge toll on the quality of most pros' physiques. I'm not saying it would be a drastic difference but any miscalculation would be magnified and many would use the excuse of "travel" if they didn't come in at 100%.

what about those coming from other countries? is it fair that they have to travel and not come in 100%?

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
what about those coming from other countries? is it fair that they have to travel and not come in 100%?
They often have trainers here in the states and can stay and train free of charges in the weeks leading up to the contest. I don't think most American athletes would be afforded as good of an opportunity in other countries.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

look at the current olympia lineup from last month or pretty much any year. the majority of the pros in the olympia (not to mention the best ones as well) are american. majority rules, it stays in the states.

Bodybuilderdk

Bodybuilderdk

How about Petoria South Africa....hahaha remember pumping iron...

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think the only problem with a world tour would be audience attendance and athlete safety.

Some of the middle eastern countries and asian countries love BBing and would be all for it. Though I don't know how safe the event would be there. Other safer countries you might battle to get a decent audience as BBing isn't mainstream.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I think the biggest factor is revenue. Aren't all the major sponsors American and its most I don't think they'd bring in the same amount of cash if it were sent elsewhere. That said it would be a great bonus for the sport to have it toured around the world. Maybe they should send it somewhere else once every 4 years or something.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Yeh and they may not be able to sell supplements in other countries the same way.

Plus what does America know about the rest of the world?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Isn't Iraq a town in Idaho?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes geography obviously isn't taught in schools anymore.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think the only problem with a world tour would be audience attendance and athlete safety.

Some of the middle eastern countries and asian countries love BBing and would be all for it. Though I don't know how safe the event would be there. Other safer countries you might battle to get a decent audience as BBing isn't mainstream.

Europe is, in general terms, far more safe than the US. :wutyousay: