• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Mr. Olympia Morphs

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ye all those torn muscles. Maybe the judges thought he deserved it more?

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ As nice an idea as that is I doubt (and hope) they wouldn't reward a contest on the merits of what hardship they went through over the quality of their physique - or the contest could look a whole lot different!

That said with the way the 'O' judges judge you never know!

RoyceGracie

RoyceGracie

^ As nice an idea as that is I doubt (and hope) they wouldn't reward a contest on the merits of what hardship they went through over the quality of their physique - or the contest could look a whole lot different!

That said with the way the 'O' judges judge you never know!

If that was the case then Flex Wheeler would have won after he recovered from breaking his neck in a near fatal car accident in 1994.

Iceman1981

Iceman1981

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah, now when you say it I can see it. But dorian looks bigger, wasn't he 270-275lbs 1997?

Throughout yates career, anytime he went above 257 pounds he looked bad, real bad. For example: 1994, 1996 & 1997. All 3 of those years he was above 257 pounds. He just could not go above 257 without getting a bigger waist, lost conditioning, out of proportion, etc.

Yates barely won it in 96 and should have lost in 97. There is no way he would of won it in 98, NO WAY.