• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

My cutting diet, please advise

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
not enough protein. i'll guess and say your lean body mass is 170. so you should be getting in about 255g of protein a day to sustain your muscle mass while you diet. otherwise you'll just burn muscle while in a caloric deficit. also your gonna eat at wendy's while dieting? save some cash and get some chicken rice and green beans at the store.

That is totally a lie. He will not loose muscle if he does not eat 255g of protein a day.That is entirely to much protein for his needs. I would keep it at 170g protein a day tops for him to reach his goal. Even if he is juiced that will help further add to the fact he does not need that much protein to avoid muscle wasting. He could use the drugs as a tool save muscle. Drop his calories and avoid muscle wasting so he could drop fat faster with a more intense workout and a stricter diet.

buzzkill44

buzzkill44

That is totally a lie. He will not loose muscle if he does not eat 255g of protein a day.That is entirely to much protein for his needs. I would keep it at 170g protein a day tops for him to reach his goal. Even if he is juiced that will help further add to the fact he does not need that much protein to avoid muscle wasting. He could use the drugs as a tool save muscle. Drop his calories and avoid muscle wasting so he could drop fat faster with a more intense workout and a stricter diet.

yes this is true but aren't we trying to gain muscle here. why waste the gear while trying to cut some fat. why not gain muscle and also burn fat. again gear boosts protein synthesis. so you need more protein to gain more muscle. honestly who wants to maintain the same muscle mass? just my opinion. take it or leave it.

and the post your referring to i admit i phrased it wrong. i meant gain muscle while burning fat not maintain.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Correct me if I'm wrong... but pretty sure you can't gain muscle and burn fat at the same time.

PS. Theres an edit button :food-snacking:

buzzkill44

buzzkill44

Correct me if I'm wrong... but pretty sure you can't gain muscle and burn fat at the same time.

PS. Theres an edit button :food-snacking:

your wrong. if done correctly you can burn fat and gain muscle. look at kevin levrone and his transformation page. he gained muscle and burned fat the whole time. so yes you can if you do it right.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Is it possible that he just gained more muscle than he did fat? So by the end he is obviously more defined?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Is it possible that he just gained more muscle than he did fat? So by the end he is obviously more defined?

That's crazy talk Skippy. You can't use logic and reasoning in this thread.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
^ My appologies... I will refrain next time :borat:

buzzkill44

buzzkill44

ok i will use another example. same guy levrone. back when he competed he would take six months off and stay at around 220 pounds. then he would get into competition mode and get up to 240lbs and be at around 1% body fat. if you can't gain muscle while burning fat then how is that possible? it's just a myth. again gear is being used. makes the impossible possible.

buzzkill44

buzzkill44

you guys are still basing this on a natural athlete. :doh:

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Is it possible that he can just control his bodyfat levels and keep them steady, while gaining muscle? The result being a subsequent drop in bodyfat % without actually losing any bodyfat.

(This is the same argument as before)

PS. We are natural athletes. Is Justwondering a natural athlete through this diet?

PPS. There is an edit button.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Is it possible that he can just control his bodyfat levels and keep them steady, while gaining muscle? The result being a subsequent drop in bodyfat % without actually losing any bodyfat.

(This is the same argument as before)

We are natural athletes. Is Justwondering a natural athlete through this diet?

Wo-wo-wo, hold up there. Your using maths now too :bitenails:

Also Levrone has done his comeback clean, he even got tested to shut Dave Palumbo up.

Another thing, very few BBers actually get as lean as they claim/think. Caliper measures are usually way out, etc, etc. The studies that have been done on competitive BBers suggest that you can add 3% to whatever people think of as 3-4%. Oh and before someone leaps on this statistic, I am not saying people can't get super lean, I am saying that most people don't get as lean as they think they do.

buzzkill44

buzzkill44

read the comments. if this is impossible then why did this man lose 71 pounds of fat while gaining 26lbs of lbm? natural like yourselves.

and justwonderin isn't natural. read the whole thread before posting. hey there's an edit button

Last edited by a moderator:
buzzkill44

buzzkill44

Wo-wo-wo, hold up there. Your using maths now too :bitenails:

Also Levrone has done his comeback clean, he even got tested to shut Dave Palumbo up.

Another thing, very few BBers actually get as lean as they claim/think. Caliper measures are usually way out, etc, etc. The studies that have been done on competitive BBers suggest that you can add 3% to whatever people think of as 3-4%. Oh and before someone leaps on this statistic, I am not saying people can't get super lean, I am saying that most people don't get as lean as they think they do.

it's near impossible to test below a certain percent. you are correct.

buzzkill44

buzzkill44

it can be done naturally also. just takes longer.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
read the comments. if this is impossible then why did this man lose 71 pounds of fat while gaining 26lbs of lbm? natural like yourselves.

and justwonderin isn't natural. read the whole thread before posting. hey there's an edit button

Sorry but you are citing one person, who lost weight over the course of a year and gained muscle over the course of a year :doh:

You are of course aware of the fact that just about anything could have happened in the course of a year. Periods of relative caloric surplus that allowed muscle gain, initial phases of fat loss that allowed for muscle gain at the end, etc, etc, etc.

Not saying that you can't lose fat and gain muscle at the same time, but good luck trying to plan to do it. And speaking of reading the whole thread, have you even bothered to have a look at any of the references and threads I've cited? No didn't think so. :talkhand:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
it's near impossible to test below a certain percent. you are correct.

So want to retract that "1% Bodyfat at 240". Because I can point you to some medical examiners or concentration camp medical records that will show that ultra low bodyfat just doesn't happen.

buzzkill44

buzzkill44

you wanted a natural example. i said it would take longer. :doh:

buzzkill44

buzzkill44

So want to retract that "1% Bodyfat at 240". Because I can point you to some medical examiners or concentration camp medical records that will show that ultra low bodyfat just doesn't happen.

ok he was at 5-6% omg you got me good

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you wanted a natural example. i said it would take longer. :doh:
Comprehension is lacking here.

You cited an example that doesn't prove your point at all. Anything could have happened. That was the point I was making. :deadhorse:

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP

If you could kindly point me to the place where he says he will be on gear during this diet :) It would be much appreciated :music: