• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Name the Most Retarded Trainings Myths

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
There isnt really anything else to add haha... everything has already been said.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i love it when people say they are gonna put on as much fat as possible and then convert it to muscle:49:

patdiddy

patdiddy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ Never heard that one before but its a good one....LOL

P

Pain

VIP
if you workout for too long in a single session
you die.
total myth. longest time ive stayed in a gym working out
bout 5hours. bad idea though.

What were you doing for 5 hours?

jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
"I don't workout because I like being skinny"

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
One time some kid said to me after a set of my hammer curls: "My trainer said those work your triceps more than your biceps," undoubtedly trying to spread the wealth of knowledge he had garnered from his trainer. Yeah, well that's money well spent there, genius.

"I can do cardio in less than 20 minutes." :no:

"Lifting weights is unhealthy." Very general form of many that have already been said.

"Taking protein is unhealthy."

"You can't get big without lifting weights." Ever seen how big some people can get just by doing bodyweight exercises?

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
"You can't get big without lifting weights." Ever seen how big some people can get just by doing bodyweight exercises?

Exactly, some... some with amazing genetics. You can gain some lean mass with bodyweight but it's not very easy, nor can everyone do it as effectively as some. But to say you "can't" get big without weights is wrong as well I agree.

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
^^ Yeah, I certainly don't think bodyweight exercises are usually the most efficient way to get big, but it does happen.

Take a look at the Great Gama, born in 1882 :linedrunk:

GreatGama-1.jpg

I don't know much about his training, but I read something about him doing a lot of bodyweight squats.