• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

New Fedorov pic!!!

V

vdawg

fedorov is not on the left. hes on the right. anyone know if he had to stop for health reasons? sucks to see that, he was so damn young still

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So what your saying right now is that if i did not eat or train that i would build muscle with just taking steroids, steroids DO NOT BUILD MUSCLE WITHOUT FOOD. Steroids are not anabolic that statement is wrong, they are anti catabolic. Steroids w no food means no muscle. Steroids do not build muscle without food. So to say steroids build muscle is incorrect. DO they speed up the process when added to training and diet reguardless of quality of either, definately.

Ben, if you didn't eat ANYTHING, sure, you'd shrink up. But steroids absolutely are anabolic, and they do build muscle. If you were on a lousy diet and barely worked out, but were on steroids, you'd probably grow.

Testosterone dose-response relationships in healthy young men.
Bhasin S, Woodhouse L, Casaburi R, Singh AB, Bhasin D, Berman N, Chen X, Yarasheski KE, Magliano L, Dzekov C, Dzekov J, Bross R, Phillips J, Sinha-Hikim I, Shen R, Storer TW
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2001 Dec ; 281(6): E1172-81

Testosterone increases muscle mass and strength and regulates other physiological processes, but we do not know whether testosterone effects are dose dependent and whether dose requirements for maintaining various androgen-dependent processes are similar. To determine the effects of graded doses of testosterone on body composition, muscle size, strength, power, sexual and cognitive functions, prostate-specific antigen (PSA), plasma lipids, hemoglobin, and insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) levels, 61 eugonadal men, 18-35 yr, were randomized to one of five groups to receive monthly injections of a long-acting gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonist, to suppress endogenous testosterone secretion, and weekly injections of 25, 50, 125, 300, or 600 mg of testosterone enanthate for 20 wk. Energy and protein intakes were standardized. The administration of the GnRH agonist plus graded doses of testosterone resulted in mean nadir testosterone concentrations of 253, 306, 542, 1,345, and 2,370 ng/dl at the 25-, 50-, 125-, 300-, and 600-mg doses, respectively. Fat-free mass increased dose dependently in men receiving 125, 300, or 600 mg of testosterone weekly (change +3.4, 5.2, and 7.9 kg, respectively). The changes in fat-free mass were highly dependent on testosterone dose (P = 0.0001) and correlated with log testosterone concentrations (r = 0.73, P = 0.0001). Changes in leg press strength, leg power, thigh and quadriceps muscle volumes, hemoglobin, and IGF-I were positively correlated with testosterone concentrations, whereas changes in fat mass and plasma high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol were negatively correlated. Sexual function, visual-spatial cognition and mood, and PSA levels did not change significantly at any dose. We conclude that changes in circulating testosterone concentrations, induced by GnRH agonist and testosterone administration, are associated with testosterone dose- and concentration-dependent changes in fat-free mass, muscle size, strength and power, fat mass, hemoglobin, HDL cholesterol, and IGF-I levels, in conformity with a single linear dose-response relationship. However, different androgen-dependent processes have different testosterone dose-response relationships.

Other highlights from the study:

Nutritional intake. Energy and protein intakes were standardized at 36 kcal · kg-1 · day-1 and 1.2 g · kg-1 · day-1, respectively.

For a 200 lb man, this would be 3,276 kcals a day, and 109g protein.

They didn't even weight train.

Exercise stimulus. The participants were asked not to undertake strength training or moderate-to-heavy endurance exercise during the study. These instructions were reinforced every 4 wk.

To summarize the dosages:

Randomization. Sixty-one eligible men were randomly assigned to one of five groups. All received monthly injections of a long-acting GnRH agonist to suppress endogenous testosterone production. In addition, group 1 received 25 mg of testosterone enanthate intramuscularly weekly; group 2, 50 mg testosterone enanthate; group 3, 125 mg testosterone enanthate; group 4, 300 mg testosterone enanthate; and group 5, 600 mg testosterone enanthate.

600mg isn't all that high anyways, Serb or someone else might chime in, but I know many people go at least 1000mg a week.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
can you gimme an exact link where you got this from?
62582710yk9-1.jpg

MarkoB

MarkoB

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This guy on the left is Vishnevsky, Fedorov is a small guy on the right. Damn he looks smaller than this woman behind him. WTF :crymeariver:

tp_88

tp_88

So what your saying right now is that if i did not eat or train that i would build muscle with just taking steroids, steroids DO NOT BUILD MUSCLE WITHOUT FOOD. Steroids are not anabolic that statement is wrong, they are anti catabolic. Steroids w no food means no muscle. Steroids do not build muscle without food. So to say steroids build muscle is incorrect. DO they speed up the process when added to training and diet reguardless of quality of either, definately.
I'm not sure about the english words on those terms, but proteinbalance is a result of both proteinsynthesis and proteindegradation (no idea what's that called in english), so even though aas stimulate proteinsynthesis (WHICH EQUALS BUILDING MUSCLE) your musclemass can go down, due to your proteindegradation being larger than your proteinsynthesis.

Why do you use so lame examples? It's like saying that a tuned car won't go faster than it did original, if you don't fill it up with petrol. Nevermind that you wont grow from not eating - you will die for Gods sake.

Search the web for "testosterone + proteinsynthesis" and read the first studie you come across and you will see for yourself, I hope you already know what proteinsynthesis is... If ya don't it's the only process in the body which build muscles.

Oh, and Ironslave posted a VERY interesting study I was about to refer to in my first post, but I didn't have time to find it so I didn't. But yes, you CAN grow from not eating well or training at all! Not if you've being busting your ass of to be Natural Mr. Olympia for 15 years probably, but if your some random guy who almost never worksout.

EDIT: Ironslave, can you please post the link to that study, I've been looking for it many time since I first saw it.

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wow. i was'nt expecting to see a small Fedorov. it's amazing how it takes years and years to get to the size he used to be and how quickly it can disappear.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wow. i was'nt expecting to see a small Fedorov. it's amazing how it takes years and years to get to the size he used to be and how quickly it can disappear.

Yeah, this sport is really ungrateful. Someday you are a beast and next year you can be a pimp. Sad story.

FedorovAlex-1.jpg

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Anyways, not to completely hijack the thread, but I'd be curious to know what Federov is up to lately, if he had an injury, illness, or just quit bodybuilding. He was a beast, but structurally he was never going to do any real damage at the pro level. Way too over hyped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That freaking uni-brow pisses me off every time I see it. :keke:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I guess he decided that bodybuilding was not for him...

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ben, if you didn't eat ANYTHING, sure, you'd shrink up. But steroids absolutely are anabolic, and they do build muscle. If you were on a lousy diet and barely worked out, but were on steroids, you'd probably grow.

Steroids act as a catalyst to the muscle building process. I understand what your saying but with no food steroids do not build tissue. How can something be tissue building if it by itself does not build tissue? I understand that steroids increases protein sythesis drastically, but without protein(food) you can't take advantage of the process. I definately agree with your last statement, but the person would grow because of food and steroids combined. Largely bc of the drastic increase in protein synthesis, but again it would not matter if you dont eat. I know u understand my point. i am saying steroids themselves will not add tissue. But your final sentence is more in context of the thread. yes drugs do make a huge differance.
:tiphat:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Steroids act as a catalyst to the muscle building process. I understand what your saying but with no food steroids do not build tissue. How can something be tissue building if it by itself does not build tissue? I understand that steroids increases protein sythesis drastically, but without protein(food) you can't take advantage of the process. I definately agree with your last statement, but the person would grow because of food and steroids combined. Largely bc of the drastic increase in protein synthesis, but again it would not matter if you dont eat. I know u understand my point. i am saying steroids themselves will not add tissue. But your final sentence is more in context of the thread. yes drugs do make a huge differance.
:tiphat:

But dude, who in the world actually lives off zero calories? It itself absolutely builds tissue, steroids are certainly anabolic. Anyways, this is silly as I'm sure Fedorov still eats something, he just in all liklihood got off the juice and stopped working out.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
what a shame. I wonder if that pec tear finally got the better of him.

POLOMAC

POLOMAC

Last year Fedorov have problem with injures[pecs],and become father[have dother]..and i think thet reason why Fedorov lock like that..But also i think Fedorov bee in veary good shape for minimum time...Thats pro... [soory for my english]

ddragaon

ddragaon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fedorov lost some weight.I hope he has not quit bb.I liked him,when they compered him with Jay an Ron.
Take your time big fella,enjoy life

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Oviously much smaller, but hard to say what his muscles might look like under that suit. I doubt it is all gone, he could easily still look good, just much smaller, and I am sure he could blow back up if he wanted to. However, as somebody said, he really had no future in the sport as far as winning shows goes, so maybe he realized that and decided to save his health. Whatever happened, I hope he is well and happy.

R

Ruhlforever

Could you please send us the font you took this picture, I tried to look in the russian bodybuilding page but I could not read cyrillic and find the picture, don't you think this is a picture prior to 2003???, if the photo corresponds to the actual season It will be a shame to see that he is completely skinny, worst than Marko Savolainen or Tom Prince.

P

pinksteel

im just amazed at how much some people shrink! When I get on I dont really blow up huge and when I come off I don't really shrink either, even if I don't do a good pct. Is it the dosages they use?