• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

New routine advice

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Routine +ve and -ve

HIT: It's over quick, you can train a lot of muscle groups, you don't have to train every day. It is neurally draining, most people can't hack the "intensity", your form has to be perfect on every single rep (injury chances higher when pushing the boundries of failure).

Fullbody: Cover all the muscles, good for sports, good for big movements, increases hormone release, increased level of frequency. Usually end up being long sessions, mentally and physically draining, can play to your strengths rather than fixing weaknesses.

Upper/Lower: Balances leg vs upperbody, good frequency, increases hormone release, can train opposing movements (more efficient), allows time to be spent on weaknesses, is what Westside do (kinda). Tends to focus on only smaller number of exercises, can be mentally and physically draining, a lot of people can't hack leg workouts twice a week.

Push/Pull: ditto upper/lower but can be better for balance between muscle groups.

"Splits": great for targeting weak points, can provide good overload, usually more hypertrophy focus, can't be high frequency use cummulative fatigue (good and bad), can tend to focus on upperbody development, body isn't a series of body parts so exercise selection has a lot of overlap (which can lead to overtraining of some supporting muscles).

So none are perfect and it depends on what you are trying to achieve. I think the most versatile are the more frequent training types (U/L or PU/Pll) as they can be designed to give you strength, hypertrophy, both or built around sports. They also allow for greater hormone and frequency which will ultimately allow more growth long term.

Amazing post, your perfectly (IMO) broke down the most used training regimens. :2:

As for your question PV, yes you can use HIT while trying to lose weight. You won't be as strong and if your too calorically deficient the risk of injury is greater. However, with increased recovery time from maximal stimulation but minimal time and sets in the gym you make up for it.
But honestly your shouldn't try to go for strength or mass building routines when your trying to lose weight. Any of them can be performed but you will not be taking in enough calories for any to be efficient or successful enough. You need to pick what you want to do first, lose weight or gain muscle/strength. Then eat accordingly. I like clean bulks, I gain size and strength without putting on unwanted fat.
The anabolic diet worked great for me while attempting to lean out while make gains. You can try that if you would like :tiphat:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Yes much easier if you are doing maintenance work while dieting.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I never heard of the anabolic diet...seems interesting...i will look it up! thanx braaq!

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
New routine style 5x5 program

Day 1
-Squat
-Bench
-BOR
- one bicep exercise
Day 2
- Deadlift
-Standing press
-Shrugs-or something else dont know yet....
- one tricep exercise

Day 3 and 4 is more other excerises to hit the muscles differently ( 3 sets of 8 for everything)

Day 3
- Front squat
- Incline bench
- Pulldowns
- One bicep exercise

Day 4
- Dumbell press
- Upright rows
- Leg curls
- One tricep exercise

Day 1 and 2....one day off.....day 3 and 4....then 2 days off....

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i would switch around so u do one heavy day first, followed by a lighter day, then a rest day, and then heavy again and then hypertrophy day.

also heavy deads following a day of heavy squats is not something i would reccomend if u like ur lower back. the lower back needs more time to recover than other muscle groups, so spread em 2-3 days apart imo.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
so do you suggest doing it like :

day 1, day 4, day 2, day3 ??