• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

New routine !!!

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
3) Intensity - Your muscles need something like 2-3 minutes to recover after a set, so don't waste time. Go too short, and you'll be struggling to stand. Different routines require different intensity levels..

Your intentions to your post were great, and I agree with 90% of it. However, a 2-3 minute interval is such a simple answer to a complex equation. Again, the variables are what matters. Someone who's reps are medium with acute rest intervals have been shown to secrete more GH. And with 2-3min being your choice, this leads into the problems of common periodization. 2-3 minutes, with a high stimulus will focus on the myofriballment of the muscle cell (aka, a single form of hypertrophy). Meanwhile, the other atrophies.

I also feel saying routines that are based on linear periodizaton or splits, don't work. For you they may not, but for some that's all they need- usually meso's. The problem with split training is people "destroy" their muscles on one day, which sometimes depending on the trainee runs into DOMS.

I agree with your principles, I would perscribe the same. Rest intervals are just a portion many seem to forget about, so I was reminding :xyxthumbs:

Nice post man.

Now, I FEEL that my first routine in my first post was pretty much perfection. With it, my muscles felt sore and I could feel the growth. I designed that routine using all my knowledge about good exercises and set/rep ranges.

The fact you do not understand how to apply, I am willing to sit down and help you out if needed (hit me with a PM sometime). It's probably the hardest part of any sport...

Learning and applying.

As far as the soreness being "perfection" it could be the opposite. Heavy DOMS (say, sore for the following 3 days) decreases protein synthesis. It's caused by microdamage to the cell membrane, making hypertrophy harder to take place. In other words, energy must be used to repair the cell membrane instead of being used for muscle girth.

NeoSoviet:

Let me know if you'd like me to get started in the UB.LB routine I recommened!

Take care bro.

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Your intentions to your post were great, and I agree with 90% of it. However, a 2-3 minute interval is such a simple answer to a complex equation. Again, the variables are what matters. Someone who's reps are medium with acute rest intervals have been shown to secrete more GH. And with 2-3min being your choice, this leads into the problems of common periodization. 2-3 minutes, with a high stimulus will focus on the myofriballment of the muscle cell (aka, a single form of hypertrophy). Meanwhile, the other atrophies.

I also feel saying routines that are based on linear periodizaton or splits, don't work. For you they may not, but for some that's all they need- usually meso's. The problem with split training is people "destroy" their muscles on one day, which sometimes depending on the trainee runs into DOMS.

I agree with your principles, I would perscribe the same. Rest intervals are just a portion many seem to forget about, so I was reminding :xyxthumbs:

Thanks bro, rest intervals were actually one area I was unsure about but I couldn't just leave it out. So muchas gracias for bringing that area up.

I don't think split training doesn't work, I just feel that for the majority of people they are not optimal. Split training has its place, but most people go about it wrong because they see splits advertised in magazines and by pros so much.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Arcane=repped

Neosoviet: general guide is 2 main exercises (push and pull) done for a loading greater than 70% of max for several sets, 2 accessories (push and pull) done at greater than 50% of max for one or two sets. Add in arms, calves, grip, neck (if you like), abs and you're done. Post it and then get feedback.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks bro, rest intervals were actually one area I was unsure about but I couldn't just leave it out. So muchas gracias for bringing that area up.

I don't think split training doesn't work, I just feel that for the majority of people they are not optimal. Split training has its place, but most people go about it wrong because they see splits advertised in magazines and by pros so much.

For sure man, great post by the way :xyxthumbs:

I agree with that. Most people don't periodize properly, and usually do not develop both forms of hypertrophy, which is sometimes a negative. Magazines are garbage, and to be honest I was always one kid who never read them for advice.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Help for all your input. I finally got a hold of a bodybuilder friend of a friend and he will be helping me out with a routine.

Also, I'll throw out some info why it is harder for me to create a routine even with general guidelines. I feel I've done ALL kinds of exercises for all bodyparts, so when I create a routine myself I don't have faith in it. Just that... I simply don't feel like trusting myself with something so important to me as my routine.

There.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Bodybuilding is 80% diet, if that helps. Everything is controlled by your nutritional intake. You learn from your mistakes, that's the game. Ask questions. Ask people you trust in, if you ask 10 different people questions you'll receive 10 different answers.

My 2 cents.

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
H.I.T for the world! Like KM said, it's all about the diet.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok bitches... I have come up with two routines. NOW, which one do you prefer ?

2 day split:

Workout A: Push

* Quadriceps
* Chest (General)
* Quadriceps
* Chest (Upper)
* Hip Adductors
* Deltoid (Front)
* Calves (General)
* Triceps

Workout B: Pull

* Back (Lats)
* Hamstrings
* Back (General)
* Hip Abductors
* Deltoid (Side)
* Biceps
* Hip Flexors
* Trapezius (Upper)
* Abdominal
* Obliques

VS

4 day split:

Workout A: Back & Biceps

* Back (Lats)
* Back (General)
* Back (General or Lats)
* Biceps
* Brachialis
* Brachioradialis
* Wrist Flexors

Workout B: Chest & Triceps

* Chest (General)
* Chest (Upper)
* Chest (General)
* Chest (General or Upper)
* Triceps
* Triceps
* Wrist Extensors

Workout C: Thighs

* Quadriceps
* Hamstrings
* Quadriceps
* Hamstrings
* Quadriceps
* Hamstrings
* Hip Adductors
* Hip Abductors

Workout D: Shoulders, Calves & Abs

* Deltoid (Front)
* Calves (General)
* Deltoid (Side)
* Calves (General)
* Deltoid (Front or Side)
* Deltoid (Rear)
* Calves (Soleus)
* Trapezius (Upper)
* Hip Flexors
* Tibialis Anterior
* Abdominal
* Neck Extensors
* Neck Flexors
* Obliques

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok bitches... I have come up with two routines. NOW, which one do you prefer ?

2 day split:

Workout A: Push

* Quadriceps Squat?
* Chest (General) DB Bench?
* Quadriceps Single leg something (bulgarian squat)?
* Chest (Upper) higher rep, preferably non-bench (dip, pushup, floor press)
* Hip Adductors Is this a weak point? If so leave as it otherwise you'll target these with single leg activities
* Deltoid (Front) don't need if you do any pressing (unless this is a weak point which is really unlikely)
* Calves (General)
* Triceps

Workout B: Pull

* Back (Lats) Pullup/chinup?
* Hamstrings SLDL?
* Back (General) Rows?
* Hip Abductors ditto adductors
* Deltoid (Side) Keep these in the scapular plane and below 80 degrees (takes the traps out of the moevement)
* Biceps
* Hip Flexors Don't see a lot of value to these unless you have specific issue
* Trapezius (Upper) I'd be more worried about lower and middle
* Abdominal planks are the only real need here.
* Obliques not really needed unless you are doing side planks for this
See the comments above. Also swapping between this "routine" twice a week is going to make you adapt very quickly unless you either have four different sets of exercises or have two different loading parameters (max effort and dynamic effort).

You really need to include loadings to figure out what you are doing.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
See the comments above. Also swapping between this "routine" twice a week is going to make you adapt very quickly unless you either have four different sets of exercises or have two different loading parameters (max effort and dynamic effort).

You really need to include loadings to figure out what you are doing.

Thanks man !!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, before putting the loading or sets and reps I wanted to set what split I was going to use first. I've never done a 2 split before... so this will be interesting.

I will probably train in the 12-10-8 range of sets/reps. Probably some alterations for big compounds like squats, bench or pull-ups (which I will probably do 12-8-6-4-6) . Can you guys tell me if this is right ?

And another question, what means doing less than 80 degrees to avoid using traps ?

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Also: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tim290280 again.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
90 degrees would be your arms out straight from the shoulder (scapular plane, rather than starting in front of the body like most people do). 80 or less (prefer about 60) would be not getting to arms straight out.

I was talking with a woman who dealt with shoulders and she wasn't a fan of the lateral raise because of the way your shoulder behaves under load once you get into the ROM of a lateral raise.