• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Newbie question

M

Mortician

I’m trying to start taking my nutrition a bit more seriously and after a bunch of research and checking various sources, I’ve come to the conclusion that I should currently be aiming to consume 3700kcal per day to achieve my goal.

Those 3700 kcal should then come from 298g protein, 344g carbs, and 128g fats.

The exact numbers vary a little depending on what source I follow but it’s all fairly close so I feel confident with those numbers.

But here is where I get unsure. If we take the protein for example. To make the math easy, let’s say I decide all my protein for a day should come from chicken breast. And all carbs from pasta.

100g of chicken breast contains about 30g of protein, and 100g of pasta contains 25g carbs. So to reach my daily intake, should I eat 10 chicken breasts and 1,37kg of pasta? It seems like an obscene amount of food to me.

(I’m aware chicken contains some carbs and pasta some protein so that would have to be considered but it’s very little so wouldn’t change the final number too much)

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Taking ten chickens a day can be insane. What it means is that your daily intake of protein should come from various protein foods like milk, beans, meat, chicken e.t.c. if you focus on chicken only you might end up being obesity.

Push50

Push50

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Share some of your demographics with us. Protein should be around 1-1.5gm / lb of body weight.
Tell us some more about yourself.
Weight
Workout style
Rest days

This might help you get some answers.

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!

killer5

killer5

I’m trying to start taking my nutrition a bit more seriously and after a bunch of research and checking various sources, I’ve come to the conclusion that I should currently be aiming to consume 3700kcal per day to achieve my goal.

Those 3700 kcal should then come from 298g protein, 344g carbs, and 128g fats.

The exact numbers vary a little depending on what source I follow but it’s all fairly close so I feel confident with those numbers.

But here is where I get unsure. If we take the protein for example. To make the math easy, let’s say I decide all my protein for a day should come from chicken breast. And all carbs from pasta.

100g of chicken breast contains about 30g of protein, and 100g of pasta contains 25g carbs. So to reach my daily intake, should I eat 10 chicken breasts and 1,37kg of pasta? It seems like an obscene amount of food to me.
As a dedicated bodybuilder, I understand the importance of finding quality supplements to support my fitness journey. When it comes to enhancing muscle growth and strength, testosterone cypionate is a popular choice. It's essential to ensure the product's authenticity and purity. Some prefer the convenience of buy testosterone cypionate online from reputable sources. Always do thorough research and choose a trustworthy supplier to avoid any risks or fake products. Prioritize your health and safety, and consult a healthcare professional before starting any new supplementation. A well-informed and cautious approach can help you achieve your bodybuilding goals effectively and safely.
(I’m aware chicken contains some carbs and pasta some protein so that would have to be considered but it’s very little so wouldn’t change the final number too much)
First, while it's possible to meet your protein and carbohydrate goals with chicken and pasta, it's not the most balanced or healthy way to do so. A diverse diet is essential to ensure you get all the necessary nutrients. Include a variety of protein sources like lean meats, fish, dairy, and plant-based options. For carbs, incorporate whole grains, fruits, and vegetables for fiber, vitamins, and minerals.

Second, focusing on macronutrients (protein, carbs, fats) is important, but don't forget about micronutrients (vitamins and minerals). Your diet should be nutrient-dense to support overall health.

Lastly, 3,700 calories per day is a significant intake and might be too high for some individuals, depending on their goals and activity level. Consider working with a registered dietitian who can help you create a personalized nutrition plan to ensure you're meeting your goals in a healthy and sustainable way. They can also help you adjust your daily intake to more manageable portion sizes if needed.

Last edited by a moderator: