• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

OFFICIAL F1 talk Thread

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
One more week to go till Spa Francorchamps! yeah buddy!

also what do you think about the F1 game from Codemasters? for teh gamers

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Im getting it for sure

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I'll give it a try. Ain't nuthing but my good ol' GP4 and F1C!

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Qualifying's for the Spa are on! so far the Q1 is awesome crazy!

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
With almost 1 hour to go, who do you think it could win today at Spa guys?

Top 6 after qualifying session:

1. Mark Webber
2. Lewis Hamilton
3. Robert Kubica
4. Sebastian Vettel
5. Jenson Button
6. Felipe Massa

I'd say Hamilton will win, with Webber in 2nd and Vettel in 3rd. Yours?

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah, I see Hamilton on top too. Anyway, I hope Spa continues his myth of sun here-rain there. I ****en love it.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
^^ And sun-rain it was, at least in the beginning, haha it was awesome!

-Shame for Webber's start, he would've done a good race if it wasn't for that
-Hamilton's car is perfect today, great driving
-Vettel did pretty good so far, can finish 2nd, in front of Button if he continues to push
-Great move on the lap 11/12, when Schumacher surpassed his team-mate Rosberg, with those sparks effects, very cool lol

...and they announced rain in 10 mins or so, can't wait!!

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
oh no...lap 17 and Vettel crashes into Button, it sucks...

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Spa-Francorchamps 2010 results:

1. Hamilton
2. Webber
3. Kubica
4. Massa
5. Sutil
6. Rosberg
7. M. Schumacher

Hamilton won like I predicted, I'm glad for Webber and his comeback from the 7th place (bad start) to 2nd in the end. Shame for Vettel, bad luck after bad luck, drive through..etc, Alonso and Button as well, bad luck today unfortunately, but overall it was a nice race.

6 more races to go, Monza, Italy next in 15 days!

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Im not surprised at all...Vettel always crash into other drivers..............................................................................................
Glad Hamilton won atleast :D

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Red Bull are losing the championship... again, even with the best car (Newey is God)... It's not McLaren winning it, it's RB losing it. What a ****ing shame.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Red Bull are losing the championship... again, even with the best car (Newey is God)... It's not McLaren winning it, it's RB losing it. What a ****ing shame.

Mclaren has improved vastly over the season, and Red Bull has not. Then Vettel as I said before seems to crash into everyone. he needs to cool down A LOT. Im sure Red Bull will win next year if they keep their advantage they have had this season car vise, however Vettel needs to be more consistent next season or it will be the same story next year

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mclaren has improved vastly over the season, and Red Bull has not. Then Vettel as I said before seems to crash into everyone. he needs to cool down A LOT. Im sure Red Bull will win next year if they keep their advantage they have had this season car vise, however Vettel needs to be more consistent next season or it will be the same story next year

Overall, RedBull is a better car than McLaren.
Overall, Hamilton is the best driver of the current season.

Yeah, Vettel is dissapointing me A LOT. He's fast, but he doesn't kno how to race, he doesn't know how to "read" the race. That's between him and the World Championship/greatness.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Overall, RedBull is a better car than McLaren.

How so?..Redbull is faster on slower circuits and Mclaren is faster on faster circuits. At this point I'd say they are quite evenly matched.
Redbull lacks topspeed compared to others, Mclaren lacks some downforce compared to Redbull.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Redbull lacks topspeed compared to others, Mclaren lacks some downforce compared to Redbull.

Exactly, and that's the reason why RB is a better car. You wouldn't get a real advantage of top speed on most circuits. Take a look at Force India, they were the fastest on a straight line for most of the 2009 season, but they don't had a good car. Ok, of course McLaren'2010 is really a competitive car, top-2, of course, but if you are a real F1 fan, as I believe you are, you could notice how EASY is to drive the RedBull.

RB also took 12 poles this year and half of the victories. If Vettel was more calm-down, RB should have at least 9 victories under their belt this year.

I'll ask you a question, what car would you choose to drive if you were fighting for the World Championship?

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Exactly, and that's the reason why RB is a better car. You wouldn't get a real advantage of top speed on most circuits. Take a look at Force India, they were the fastest on a straight line for most of the 2009 season, but they don't had a good car. Ok, of course McLaren'2010 is really a competitive car, top-2, of course, but if you are a real F1 fan, as I believe you are, you could notice how EASY is to drive the RedBull.

RB also took 12 poles this year and half of the victories. If Vettel was more calm-down, RB should have at least 9 victories under their belt this year.

I'll ask you a question, what car would you choose to drive if you were fighting for the World Championship?

Depends of the circuits, but Redbull has been generally faster in the beginning of the season. Right now when Mclaren and Ferrari has more or less picked up the slack its more a driver thing imo. The Redbull car was close to a second faster per lap then the Mclaren in the start of the season. That said, Redbull needs to have a more reliable car and a better engine (They have had problems of some sort every race as far as I have heard) Then the choice would've been easy. As of right now, Its a tossup. The winner is the driver with the best day, and thats not necessarily Redbull

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ferrari and Mclaren will both be hard to beat at Monza. For some reason I cant see Webber hanging in there for the title chase. I think this year Hamilton has it.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
F1 time this weekend!

Tomorrow I'll go to Monza, to visit the town and stuff, and maybe to watch the practices :hyper:

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ You lucky bastard ****!!!!!!!

When it's Monza time it always comes to my mind the Brabham BT55 - BMW.

It always come to my mind Murray Walker's speech about how you could see the trail of not-burned gasoline this car left in the main straigh on Monza...

Last edited by a moderator:
chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
F1 time this weekend!

Tomorrow I'll go to Monza, to visit the town and stuff, and maybe to watch the practices :hyper:

I was just thinking, "I wonder if tkD is going to go to Monza?". Have a good time mate and take some pics if you can. I went to the Melbourne GP this year and the cars sound a hell of a lot different than in the previous years I have been.