• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Kevin Levrone Transformation thread

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was expecting more from this edition. Pulling out the wraps probably accounts for most of that extra weight, and probably next sessions weight as well.

He looked good for the 425 without the wraps.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
The Art Of Visualization
December 10th, 2009

To some of you, visualization still remains merely a word. To others, you’re starting to glimpse the power of mental imagery on your training.

I’ll be giving you plenty of visualization exercises, insights and stories from my career. Here’s an insight below that involves the great artist Michelangelo. Freeing a vision from a block of stone is something I often meditated on while getting in shape for a contest…and now, when going through a new transformation.

As you master visualization and broaden your own techniques, you’ll tap into a reservoir of clarity and determination that will add new dimension to your life. Molding your ideal physique will be a thousand times more likely.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
i have spotted people with squats before but thats not how i remember doing it lol.... I dont evenknow how he thinks he can help him if he is totally off center

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ He plans to hump his leg to get the weight up.

Not that regular spotting of the squat is much better.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
whats wrong with regular squat spotting? other then the whole homophobe thing

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
whats wrong with regular squat spotting? other then the whole homophobe thing

A spot like this you have to really like the guy, and like having your personal space invaded:
squatspot-1.jpg

A spot like this is pointless:
platz2.jpg

A spot like this is acceptable:
spot1b-1.jpg

But my point is; why do people need a spot anyway? In training you are likely to be in a power rack or squat rack, so you don't need a spot (Levrone sure didn't). In a competition you aren't in a rack, you need to be safe. Spotting in general is another way to have the "workout bros" or cheat. Both of these are kinda lame. With Levrone I think he does it because that is what a training partner is there for when he trains, really he could do without it.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I spot similar to first pic but not so hugged lol, They are all my buddies anyways. One of my buddies is a competitive bodybuilder and at times he asks me if i can spot him so he can sqeeze out 2 or 3 more reps without having to stop and lower the weight. I think whether or not he likes getting his personal space invaded or if he really likes me is irrelevant to this point since ive known him for years and i helped apply his fake tan before he competed. I dont feel gay when i spot or get spotted, last time i had a spotter present was when i maxed out in squats for the first time in years and i just wanted someone around for security. Thinking about the weight falling or my body collapsing due to a failed lift scares me too much to try it even if i am on a power rack.

Other occasions its because im helping friends that im unsure of their capabilities and i dont want them to drop. Me and my friends have no ego to lifting so whenever we spot eatchother is only to sqeeze out a few reps, some are opposed to that method but i like it. And i dont concider it cheating because i concider the lift a fail if i tried to lift a specific ammount of weight and needed a spot to lift it. I look at spots like a mini drop set at times; instead of having to stop to lower the weight, the weight gets lowered instantly as soon as they begin to spot me.

It seems like you have encountered or whitnessed a lot of deuche bags in your gym or in videos that you have seen that left you jaded about spotting outside of competition.

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

Spotting sometimes is only a mental thing, not even physical.I sometimes get spotted without the person even touching the barbell or me but it makes me feel more confident when I'm not 100% thus being able to push/lift the weight.

H

HandyMart777

I agree with you Tim. I think Levrone would be perfectly capable without a spot. Also, Levrone has an audience that has never squatted before. I'm sure he feels obligated to have a spotter in his videos because he knows that if he doesn't, one of his "followers" may get seriously injured.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
^if thats the case then he should have someone who spots him properly instead of someone who is off center and shoving his knee in kevins ass

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Spotting sometimes is only a mental thing, not even physical.I sometimes get spotted without the person even touching the barbell or me but it makes me feel more confident when I'm not 100% thus being able to push/lift the weight.

Dude, your sig is shocking my world

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I know what you mean. But I have to say that I don't like spotters as I noticed early on that you come to rely on them more than you think. When I started training at home I noticed I just couldn't come close to gym lifts. So now I have no spotter, that way it is all me. Although in a gym benching without a rack does require one.

Handymart777 said:
I agree with you Tim. I think Levrone would be perfectly capable without a spot. Also, Levrone has an audience that has never squatted before. I'm sure he feels obligated to have a spotter in his videos because he knows that if he doesn't, one of his "followers" may get seriously injured.
Levrone's squatting (and form in general) is pretty good and a good example to newbies on how to train (now if he would just hold the bar better). I think the spotter thing could be partly attributed to setting a good example, but then why squat in a rack, why not just use squat stands?

H

HandyMart777

^^ Yep, that was the point I was trying to get at. I think he has a "spotter" more for liability purposes rather than for safety. We have to remember, there are many mainstream lifters that watch the Levrone report as well. Remember when he was showing us how to workout with a broom?? Imagine the people he geared those videos towards trying to squat for the first time. He's trying to make his squat workouts elementary, but at the same time effective. Mad props to Levrone for introducing people to the squat while still retaining the hardcore aspect of his workout!

H

HandyMart777

500 lbs Squat Challenge • Training with 440lbs

December 16th, 2009

“Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.” – General George Patton

The challenge is on.

– Kevin

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He didn't seem to hit the same depth he has in previous weeks and while it looked fine I'm not surprised he called it.

Also I agree with those days that just don't feel right. Walk away. Come back to it next time rather than have to rehab first.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good thing that he stopped
i was in the gym yesterday and i did 195 atg squats for 3 then another going for 3 but got 2, didn't want to try another rep, had no spotter either, good thing to call it quits when something comes up or your just not all there.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Coach Explains His Squat Spotting Techniques

December 18th, 2009

When I was squatting in LA last week I had the honor of being spotted by the The Coach. In this video, he explains the science and background of his spotting technique, which many of you had questions about.

Being open to new techniques, new people, new ideas – that’s all part of being a champion. What meets the eye isn’t always the full story. Sometimes the explanations are more rational and valuable than you could have predicted.

I’m back in the gym today for the 440 lb showdown. Longer warm-up and some other tricks up my sleeve. Will post tomorrow night, please be there. This should be interesting.

FlexFan

FlexFan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This Coach(master trainer lol) reminds of the Fingerman...excentric...

It makes me think that when you grab someone by the left or right shoulder and push him on the lower back you're going to twist him and create bigger injury...but after all I'm not master trainer,NSCA,CPTE,CNCS,blah,blah...