• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Kevin Levrone Transformation thread

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Is there proof of this, because if it's true I would like to stop doing it this way immediately.

It's BS if you ask me. Look at people in squats who go deep all the way down. There spines inevitably roll and what they don't get a broken back, if anythin it might strengthen the bones and cartilage around it.

horppa

horppa

It's BS if you ask me. Look at people in squats who go deep all the way down. There spines inevitably roll and what they don't get a broken back, if anythin it might strengthen the bones and cartilage around it.

No, absolutely false. When you use weightlifting shoes and stretch for few months properly, your lower back won´t roll. And it shouldn´t, stresses the intervertebral discs. An obvious but painful way to find out, e.g. just start olympic lifting with poor form. When your lower back makes a cup on every clean, you´ll realize it :)

Here´s an excellent form on deep squat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJikHEfYgWM&feature=channel

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
that gym needs a new leg press for him to use lol.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
No, absolutely false. When you use weightlifting shoes and stretch for few months properly, your lower back won´t roll. And it shouldn´t, stresses the intervertebral discs. An obvious but painful way to find out, e.g. just start olympic lifting with poor form. When your lower back makes a cup on every clean, you´ll realize it :)

Here´s an excellent form on deep squat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJikHEfYgWM&feature=channel

I wasn't really talking about the squat just using this as an example but it wasn't a very good one so thanks. Talking about the leg press and I don't think it will damage your spine by bringgin the knees all the way down to the chest, I think it's an excuse for people to no use full range of motion.

EDIT- about the squat- I dont have weightlifing shoes and stretch nither do anyone really in my gym and there back isnt flat as an iron board so there back must be inevitably rolling a little.

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Levrone Transformation- Back & Biceps #4

he's getting bigger in each vid !! kevin is the shit :thumbsup2:

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sweet purple straps! haha

thanks for the update

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I wasn't really talking about the squat just using this as an example but it wasn't a very good one so thanks. Talking about the leg press and I don't think it will damage your spine by bringgin the knees all the way down to the chest, I think it's an excuse for people to no use full range of motion.

EDIT- about the squat- I dont have weightlifing shoes and stretch nither do anyone really in my gym and there back isnt flat as an iron board so there back must be inevitably rolling a little.

I disagree with this. I use to always go down knees to chest and press well into the 1400 lb range doing so and my hips were constantly out of alignment because of it, i had a chiropractor examine me and get to the bottom of my hip pain. Also my lower back bugged me bc my but would come off the bottom pad just slightly, but it was enough to cause pain. So i began going just to 90 degree angle with my knee my butt stays on the bottom pad and my back up against the back pad, also my hips have stayed in align well. I go to a chiropractor s the info on the hips is coming from the back also. Plus my hips dont bug me at all any more bc of the chiro and the controlled range of motion. Thank God. At least i assume thats why they dont bug me because those are the only changes i have made.

ON another note no one in this thread knows if kevin is juicing,but everyone "knows" he is if you read the comments some of you make. Where is the evidence. His muscle density and hardness isnt that of a juicer. In all reality his gains are not that of a juicer either. If your diet is anabolic and you dont over train you can make serous strength and size gains in short periods exspecially when you have already been bigger once before. When i take a break for example i stopped lifting for a month i didn't touch a weight and didnt eat like i normally do when i train. I lost 25lbs in that month i went from 285 to 260. When i bumped my calories back up to 4500 and began training each body part twice a week shoulders once, i put my wight back on in a month no problem.. Now sure it is not nearly as long as kevin was off for, but the same principal is at work here. I don't know if you want to call it "muscle memory" but it is definitely easier to gain the weight if you have already been their once before.

Am i surprised by his gains? No, not at all. Do i think he is juicing, no i dont. I actually think he could grow faster and stay lean if he bumped his diet to 4500 cals and added cardio in 3 times a week. that'd give him the chance to have 2 PWO meals where protein synthesis is drastically increased if he did cardio in the morning and then trained in the late afternoon.

Thankx for the update!

CombBoy

CombBoy

Shit, those are some bright-ass lifting straps!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So i began going just to 90 degree angle with my knee my butt stays on the bottom pad and my back up against the back pad

personally i go all the way down to the chest, and still dont have a problem with keeping my butt and back against the pad. i guess this is personal preference and biomechanics to some extent. but i just dont feel comfortable with limiting the ROM of any exercises.

btw ben, u should post some pics up man. 285 pounds is monstrous:thumbsup2:

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I haven't used legpress in almost 2 years now, since the gyms I've trained in didn't have it. Kinda miss it though.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I haven't used legpress in almost 2 years now, since the gyms I've trained in didn't have it. Kinda miss it though.

ye man, i didnt have it until now recently. my old gym didnt have it, but its a great addition to overload the quads. also i kinda like the hack squat actually, with a narrow foot position i actually feel my outer thighs getting more work. and thats were u want most mass, that outer sweep can just never get big enough:D

still; squats > legpress/ any other leg exercise anyday:p

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ye man, i didnt have it until now recently. my old gym didnt have it, but its a great addition to overload the quads. also i kinda like the hack squat actually, with a narrow foot position i actually feel my outer thighs getting more work. and thats were u want most mass, that outer sweep can just never get big enough:D

still; squats > legpress/ any other leg exercise anyday:p

I agree but since I can't do back squats (shoulder injury) I can only do front squats. My gym doesn't have a legpress or a hack squat, so even though I'm bored to death with it, I'm pretty much forced to do front squats. Would be nice to have something to alternate with.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree but since I can't do back squats (shoulder injury) I can only do front squats. My gym doesn't have a legpress or a hack squat, so even though I'm bored to death with it, I'm pretty much forced to do front squats. Would be nice to have something to alternate with.

ye, defo, its weird how just alittle variation can provide a new steam in ur training.

but ur shoulders can take front squats?:O i always thought front squats would put more stress on my shoulders, seeing as ure resting the bar across ur delts. is it the rotation of the shoulder ure having problem with during back squats?

anyways, u could always consider changing to a gym with more equipment:p

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
but ur shoulders can take front squats?:O i always thought front squats would put more stress on my shoulders, seeing as ure resting the bar across ur delts. is it the rotation of the shoulder ure having problem with during back squats?

My shoulders can take any weight you put on them. :D
As far as back squat goes it's the stretching of the shoulder, when you have to in front of the bar, that hurts me.

anyways, u could always consider changing to a gym with more equipment:p
My gym is actually fully equipped with a lot of high quality DB's, BB's, machines and so on. They only need a leg press and calf machine.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
personally i go all the way down to the chest, and still dont have a problem with keeping my butt and back against the pad. i guess this is personal preference and biomechanics to some extent. but i just dont feel comfortable with limiting the ROM of any exercises.

btw ben, u should post some pics up man. 285 pounds is monstrous:thumbsup2:

Im not 285 any more. I was that weight for close to a year and im 5'10. I started sgetting really dizzy when i ate, went to the hospital my blood sugar was in the 300s. I weight like 240 now and do lots of cardio, my heavy weight days are over, but it was very fun while it lasted.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Im not 285 any more. I was that weight for close to a year and im 5'10. I started sgetting really dizzy when i ate, went to the hospital my blood sugar was in the 300s. I weight like 240 now and do lots of cardio, my heavy weight days are over, but it was very fun while it lasted.

:omgwtf:

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Im not 285 any more. I was that weight for close to a year and im 5'10. I started sgetting really dizzy when i ate, went to the hospital my blood sugar was in the 300s.

To much chicken and water melon?