• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Papa G's Routine

Papa G

Papa G

Dridderz - that's a good idea man, I do like doing them so I get a heavy set for my hamstrings too in the leg day. I will prob give it a try on my back day sometime soon, I don't feel so strong about my back routine maybe that will help getting me pumped for it.

Samoan-Z - yea I realize that was a pussy move last night at the gym haha I will tear them apart next time relentlessly.

Thanks checking it out! I got chest and biceps coming later tonight! peace..:headbang:

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good job bro congrats on the personal best, strong lookign session wait wtf....

I ever hear that agian I will scoop out your face with a 5 lbs. DB

God Bless.

:omgwtf: ....i have told u before Z, we dont all posses the healing abilities only possesed by you and wolverine and hulk...:gaysign:

Nice session man! congrats on the pb!

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think there is merit to having the deads on leg day. If you hit your deads hard and right you will be pretty damn sore in your hammies for a couple days and so that would probably hinder your squats. Especially where you are hitting the legs twice a week (as you should) I think the only appropriate time to throw in the deads is on leg day. Damn difficult to fit in all those mass building exercises though.:bitelip: Now if you start doing traditional deads instead of stiffies, it would be pretty damn hard to do that effectively after squats, but I think the stiffies are just fine!

Papa G

Papa G

Chest and Triceps:

Flat BB Bench Press:
10x135 warm up
8x185
6x195
6x195

Incline DB Bench Press
10x55lbs
8x60
8x60
8x60

Pec Fly Machine - (i even looked at the weight today but i already forgot what it was, I will WRITE THEM SHITS DOWN next time)
3x10 at 13

Standing Cable Crossover
2x12 at 6

E-Z Bar Curls:
Close Grip
10x75lbs warm ups
8x95
6x95
6x95
Wide grip
6x95
8x85

Alternating DB curls
8x35lbs
8x35

Close Grip Cable curls
2x 10 at 9

Seated Concentrated curls
2x 10x25lbs

The pump was REALY good today and my biceps felt like they were going to explode. I Don't move a whole lot of weight in my chest workout, I've been working on trying to increase that but I stick with the clean, good form sets. My left biceps is way bigger then my right one, but strength is pretty similar.. its weird. Well.. tomorrow its legs fest again. Peace :headbang:

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pretty solid routine brother! I would throw in one more set of the flab bb press if I was you snoop.

Papa G

Papa G

Yea we usually always did 4 on those huh!? I think I might have done that tonight, but i couldn't remember if I did it or not so I just left it out.. Thanks for pointing it out though!

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good work man, weight is relative aslong as you're getting the work done weight doesn't really matter, unless you're a powerlifter.

Papa G

Papa G

The quest for destruction of the chicken-legs continued today, I felt pretty good with the session. To begin, I checked my weight and noticed another two little lbs there.. i'm 172lbs now, which amounts to 22lbs since the end of my soccer career a couple of months ago.
Saturday:

Squats: Deep!
10x135lbs
10x225
10x245
8x275
10x225

Dead Lifts:
10x135lbs
8x225
8x245
8x275

Leg Press:
10x445
10x490
10x535

Leg Curls - Leg Extension(single leg)
12x 107 - 95lbs
10x 107 - 95
10x 107 - 95

Seated Calf Raises
12x 130
10x 130
10x 130

Standing Calf Raises: good contractions, no bouncing.
12x 225lbs
12x275
12x275

Got to go.. peace

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great squats man what i am noticing is the weight ratio to your BW. That is great.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Papa G

Papa G

Thanks Z.. I've always had tiny legs, it comes through the whole family so it is a quest of mine to break the curse and make mine big for once. I got a lot of strength from performance training and good technique, that is helping a lot to try to blow them up now.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
U-P-D-A-T-E-S? Where are they?

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey papa G :tiphat:

Awesome workout session and impressive squats!
Go heavier on leg press u chicken :keke:

Papa G

Papa G

Z - I will be posting very soon, I got some mad sickness going through my body right now right at finals week at my college so I haven't been out there. This weekend I will be starting back on and probably coming out with a new routine soon too.

Dridderz - After the squats those leg presses are absolutely painful.. I could go heavier if I went for less reps but I'm not sure if that will be beneficial. Let me know what u think. Maybe I can just go strait heart attack nuts and throw some more weight there too.. i dont know, lets see what happens next session.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll be here lurking.. waiting.

Papa G

Papa G

Alright i'm back! I got hit with the flu there for about a week but I beat it and today I had my first session in my new routine. Let me explain it:
I'm doing a light/heavy split - I workout 4 days/week:
Mon - Heavy LB Push/UB Pull
Tues - Heavy UB Push/LB Pull
Thurs - Light UP Pull/LB push
Friday - Light LB Pull/UB push

Thats it - This is similar to the training done at Athlete's Performance in Tempe, AZ. I hit every muscle group for 8 sets per session, heavy days 6 - 8 reps -- light days 10 to 15 reps. You will notice I hit shoulders and abs everyday, so 4 sets per day.

Today was Light UP pull/LB push -

BB Bent Over Row: 12x135, 10x155, 10x155
Neutral Grip Pull Ups: 12xbw, 10xbw, 10xbw
Seated Row: 15x9stack, 15x10, 14x10
Close Grip EZ-BB Curls: 10x75, 10x75, 10x75
Isolated single arm DB curl: 12x20, 12x20, 15x15
Wide Grip Upright Row: 12x65, 12x65
Bent Over Lateral(posterior dealt): 12x20, 12x20
Squats: 12x135, 12x155, 10x185, 10x185
Walking Lunges: 2x 10x65(pre set) each leg
Leg Extensions: 2x 15x5stack
Leg Raises: 2x 20xbw/Calf Raises 3x 20x90lbs/Rope Ab Curls 2x 20x10stack

It felt absolutely great today, I got a great vascular pump in all muscles worked. It seems long when I wrote it down but I was there for no longer than 1 hour and the recovery was fine in all muscles. It does require some good energy, I bet I get a little cardio out of it, but nothing hard to get used to. Tomorrow I will hit light LB pull/UB push and keep you updated. Any questions about the routine just let me know.. :headbang:

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I really like the looks of that routine brother. The only thing I would change is I would have a light day following a heavy day so you dont have two heavy days in a row. Keep up the pump brother of iron!

Papa G

Papa G

Thanks dawg, thanks for checking it out! Yea originally that was the plan, but then I realize I will be gone playing tennis every weekend and It wouldn't be too good to go out on some destroyed legs. I don't think it will be too bad cause I work all the opposite stuff the next day... Let's see how it goes, I might change it after I do the two heavy days next week!

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great session, and listen to creator... he's the shit lol.

Papa G

Papa G

I know he's the shit, we lived together haha