• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Phil Heath will compete in the 2010 Arnold Classic!

B

BauBau

man ur right those are facts that can not be denied. and again i am poiting out that i did not said that phil has not the potential to defeat dex but as i said before when he will actually place above dex and that should not be very hard in a few years and when he will actually win the olympia, cuz the olympia and arnold doesn`t mean phil beating dex or vice versa, then i will say phil is the best. and by the way.. a contest has 4 rounds if i am not mistaken.. doesn`t mean u win prejudging finals or whatever. at the end last placing matters!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I understand what you are saying, and yes the final placing is the most important obviously. But don't you think it would have been VERY possible that Phil would have beat Dex in rounds 1+2 of the prejudging had he not had the stomach virus?

He came back a night later feeling almost all better and beat him in both of those rounds. So hypothetically, if Phil didn't lose those ten pounds the night before (prejudging) he would have beaten Dex. It's speculation, but the numbers on the scorecard don't lie. When Phil is not ill, he will be an on Dexter. It happened, and it will happen again come March in Columbus.

B

BauBau

I understand what you are saying, and yes the final placing is the most important obviously. But don't you think it would have been VERY possible that Phil would have beat Dex in rounds 1+2 of the prejudging had he not had the stomach virus?

He came back a night later feeling almost all better and beat him in both of those rounds. So hypothetically, if Phil didn't lose those ten pounds the night before (prejudging) he would have beaten Dex. It's speculation, but the numbers on the scorecard don't lie. When Phil is not ill, he will be an on Dexter. It happened, and it will happen again come March in Columbus.

i said that u are right and i also said that it`s a chance that phil could defeat dex but in my opinion not this arnold. will see anyways. and again i am telling u olympia and arnold are not about dex and phil battling. and how can u demonstrate me he lost 10 pounds?

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok you are entitled to your opinion, I respect that. Either way it's going to be a great line up. Who knows, maybe we will both be wrong and Kai will keep his title! This is very possible...

How do I know Phil lost ten pounds? Well for one thing, look at the prejudging pics and the night show pics. Completely different phil. Prejudging he was pretty flat (low glycogen storage) which means, less water in the muscle. Thus, less overall weight, especially in the right places. If you follow bodybuilding at all, you would have heard him say he came in about 10 pounds lighter then he expected. He's said it in interviews, podcasts, etc.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
They even have two links on the bottom that let you hear exactly what happened from Hany and Phil themselves.

B

BauBau

man thats exactly what i am saying... phil may say any number doesn`t mean its real. maybe it is. and i know about glycogen storage and all that cuz i compete too. again it could pe 10 pounds or 8 or whatever. these are excuses to me. for me a bodybuilder who steps on stage must do the "talking" with his phisique not say after the show: "i was off, i was ill..etc" cuz that doesn`t matter anymore. the placing will not change.its his mistake and his lose. the judges will judge the body on that day not the potential bla bla. and again i say phil saying its 10 pounds..hell it could have been 15.does that give him the olympia. NOT!!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you listen to pro bodybuilding weekly,

listen to "what really happened in Vegas" with Phil heath. The interview with him starts about 40 minutes in, and at 52 minutes in he mentions the night before prejudging he lost over ten pounds, this was around 6 AM in the morning.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dude, Im not asking you the question you are answering.

Im asking, if Phil was is 100% healthy, which he has been at every single show except at the 09' O (1 out of 7 shows)...do you think he will beat Dex?

His last showing where he was somewhat healthy, round 3 + 4 of the night show at the O where he filled up a bit more, he beat dexter in both rounds.

So what makes you think that at the Arnold he will lose to Dexter? It will be a tight match up. But in all of your opinions, you havent stated WHY dexter will beat dexter. I have given you my reason. what's yours?

B

BauBau

true. dex front double bi his lats are better. front lats spread again are dex. i think phil`s chest and narrow clavicals disaadvantage phil in this pose and i hope he can come in a bit more tight in the glute and ham area plus the muscle maturity. thats my statement

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Phil vs Dex vs Kai? Man, that's a great lineup!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
exactly what i am talking about extra hyped. last time i recall dexter is mr olympia phil isn`t maybe he will be second as u said but second only his structure and his chest are not in his favour and yes ur right about the legs but then again we all know dex`s legs are not the best in the business and as someone mentioned above in this thread PHIL HAS NOT defeat dex so stop bullshiting me about what he should have done about his illness and bla bla, thats only crap talk or excuses. maybe dex didnt came 100%? maybe he came 90%, maybe victor didnt came 100% bla bla bla only talk. the placing are what they are. when phil will defeat dex in his best form then i will say i was talking bullshit. till then u are talking the bullshit. LOOK AT THE FACTS NOT THE COMMENTS!
You want FACTS that Phil could beat Dex? How about a scorecard? Check out the scorecards for this year's Olympia and check out the finals. If I remember correctly, Phil was beating Dex there. Had he come in pre-judging like he did in the finals, he could have placed higher.
I'll elaborate more when I'm out of school.

B

BauBau

You want FACTS that Phil could beat Dex? How about a scorecard? Check out the scorecards for this year's Olympia and check out the finals. If I remember correctly, Phil was beating Dex there. Had he come in pre-judging like he did in the finals, he could have placed higher.
I'll elaborate more when I'm out of school.

actually u didn`t read well. i want facts that phil has done, placings, things that are for ever in the history in bodybuilding.till now dex is better then heath and the past prooves it. there are a lot of real opinions that take me to the statement heath can defeat dex. yes that could happened. but until that happeneds we just have to give dex what he deserves. Dex made history.phil might. there`s a difference. by facts i mean things that are official like placings medals statues (arnold classic statue, sandow, several top 3 medals) things that dex haves and phil has to earn. peace!

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
if dexter brings his A game phil has no chance. no time to improve for phil, and when i mean time i mean a few years.people say phil is the gift bla bla bla. but phil beside wining the ironman didn`t do shit only being hyped. yea he was 3rd last year but with that structure and those very obvious weak points he will never be mr olympia. maybe if everyone was off... if the judges are fair dex owns phil. but who knows who will come and defeat both dex and phil.

r u cereal?

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dude, Baubau, we've already gone over numbers. Even though, Phil didn't beat Dexter overall. It is a FACT that when Phil was a little more filled out from having a stomach virus (which has only happened once in the seven shows hes done) he beat dexter in both rounds. These are the numbers and the facts. He was vastly flat and not filled out at prejudging due to the sickness, and those placings in round 1 + 2 are what held him back from beating Dex.

Those are the facts. Don't make KN609 and me explain it again...PLEASE.

B

BauBau

well u are the only one in this thread PistolPete that had arguments and strong opinion with FACTS as i call them that showed me something real, that could happened, and i respect u for that, the rest just assume and comment upon what they think. and kn609 didn`t explain anything he just said about the scorecards that u mentioned first.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
True, alright. Discussion over?

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We'll all wait and see what happens, lets just hope Phil doesn't throw up before going on stage.

kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
well u are the only one in this thread PistolPete that had arguments and strong opinion with FACTS as i call them that showed me something real, that could happened, and i respect u for that, the rest just assume and comment upon what they think. and kn609 didn`t explain anything he just said about the scorecards that u mentioned first.
Well, I did state I was in school and the bell just rang so I wrote that up really quickly and had no time to fully read your posts as well as others.

And before you mentioned Phil doesn't have time to improve to beat Dex. What improvements does he need? If he was beating Dex in the finals all healthy, what improvements does he need to make? I don't see what point you're trying to make because if Phil comes in as he did in the finals at the O, technically he should beat him if nothing goes wrong. And we both know Dex, his conditioning can't really get much better than it already is and Phil beat it at the finals.
Yeah, Phil does need some few improvements, but not to beat Dex and the finals proved that.