• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Powerlifting Help

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Where is this meet at? When?

Its at Fillmore, they dont have a date yet. Its small time, the judges prolly suck lol Last time i remember they counted some squats that were'nt parallel.

madakira

madakira

Maybe I will stop by and check it out when a date is figured out.

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
God damn, those are impressive gains man.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
God damn, those are impressive gains man.

Thanks Johnny, im sure it was just the initial shift in training but im still getting stronger.

My chest felt fine the next day but i laid off of it all week just to make sure, i will start light bench training on monday but i have ontinued my lower back and squat training. Those squats feel lighter every time i do them!

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
^Hang on, are you changing the program?

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Hai Gais.

I been having another problem recently. My shoulder joints have been really funky. THey feel awkward and pop once in a while. I think it has to do with my positioning during squats. I been looking around the net and a lot of people say it has a lot to do with shoulder joint flexability. I think there may have been a thread a long time ago that adressed this issue but i cant find it.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Good info on there Natzo, Thanks.

Anyone else got some info on shoulder joint pain?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
^Yeah, it sucks.

Shoulder mobility and stability help.

Google "towel/broomstick stretch" and "YTWL complex" respectively.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Yeah i heard about that brookstick stretch, i was actually gonna try it out. Thanks Guys!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've posted on this extensively in the past. Basically what Freako has said is pretty right. You need to stretch the shoulders (broomsticks are just one), work on mobility deficits, and strengthen the little things (rotors, rear delts, rhomboids, lower traps, etc).

Last edited by a moderator:
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Thanks Tim

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I had problems with my rotator cuff as well. My shoulders would always pop out, and it was really awkward doing any kind of raises. I don't know how but the problem went away on its own.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I had problems with my rotator cuff as well. My shoulders would always pop out, and it was really awkward doing any kind of raises. I don't know how but the problem went away on its own.

Yeah i had problems with my rotator cuff many years ago so i started doing rotator cuff exercizes and also warm up my rotator cuff before chest and shoulder workouts. They got a lot better. They just feel really awkward lately.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Hey guys, im a big fat quitter lol

I quit the 1 month routine half a week early since i wasnt doing chest and i was having trouble doing the deadlifts from the pins so i did regular deadlifts. Still did legs twice a week. The competition i think is on May 28th or 29th.. I will continue to stretch out regularly and get some glood flow in my chest and shoulders and i will jump back into it if i feel 100% 1 month out.

Im getting better at squats, been getting used to my hip drive more. I still need more strength and flextion in my hips and legs so i can go deeper more comfortably. Im going far below parallel but i know i can go deeper.

I havent been able to beat my last 1rm on Deadlifts though, it made me really frustrated today. I did 385 like 6-8 months ago or so and i weighed much less then i do now... on top of that, i had not done deadlifts for around 2 months prior to that lift. Maybe its my set organization or something because i can DL 365 much easier now for more reps.... and 385 is only 20 fucken lbs heavier!!!!

I learned a lot principles about heavy compound movements. On paper i knew a lot of the benefits but never really appreciated them first hand.

Yesterday i did arms for the first time in over a month and i finally felt like i was getting a good workout with close grip. I also did bench dips. I always wanted to introduce heavy compound movements to my tricep workout, since i need more tricep, but never felt comfortable with close grip.

Hopefully someday ill post videos on my form to get feedback but its pretty embarassing to do so at the gym lol. You always think your form is perfect untill you get some helpful tips that change your entire approach to an exercise.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
^^

we're here to help dilated! :thumbsup2: