• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Prefered type of rice?

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Hmmm, from where I live, prices of rice skyrocketed. What I buy for our family is "Dinorado" rice. It is native upland rice characterized by its pinkish grain, sweet aroma, and good eating quality. It sells for a dollar per kilo.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was born and raised on white rice that is well milled. When I was a boy, I would hear people say that only the poor families eat brown rice because that is the cheapest type of rice in the market. But now the brown rice is more expensive than the white rice owing to the hype that brown rice is a healthy option than white. For me, white is the best for my taste buds so I am staying with the white rice.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I was born and raised on white rice that is well milled. When I was a boy, I would hear people say that only the poor families eat brown rice because that is the cheapest type of rice in the market. But now the brown rice is more expensive than the white rice owing to the hype that brown rice is a healthy option than white. For me, white is the best for my taste buds so I am staying with the white rice.

I've read that brown rice is a healthier option because it has a minimal amount of oil in the bran layer or something like that. It also contains more nutrients to its white counterpart. This reason is why a lot of people see brown rice as a premium product which in turn make it more costly. However, it has a shorter shelf life.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I did prefer white rice when I was younger but now that I'm middle aged I prefer mountain rice or sometimes they call it red rice because it has a pinkish red color. People eat it with the husk intact that's why cooking time is longer but it has this delicious nutty flavor and there's a variant being sold that is partially polished which is the one I've been buying. It's more nutritious and flavorful than normal white or brown rice.

SQWUIDD

SQWUIDD

I love jasmine rice ^^

Brown rice is decent also but the taste often times is nasty

C

Concentrix

Red rice is more delicious than any rice I've eaten because it has this nutty taste. Also, this red rice has higher nutritional value compared to the white rice but takes more time to cook. Since it has higher nutritive content and health advantages it is recommended to patients with heart disease and also diabetics to consider to add it into their diet or meals.

L

lokielovesbunny

For me I would say the "White Rice" simply because of the taste I am used to it, I prefer plain boiled rice with sugar or curry. It doesn't take much time to get ready,

sweerie_banana

sweerie_banana

It depends on what stew is accompanying it. I love brown rice when I am making meat dishes. I mostly prefer white when I fry it with yellow corn. We take rice quite often until it has become one of my favorites. The brown rice is very healthy for the body it has some fiber that hasn't been removed making it have more nutritious values. It also depends on who you are serving. Brown rice is usually good for sick and elderly people. It helps to boost their immunity.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I love boiled white rice its easy to cook and tasty.But I hear brown rice is best since it is nutritious. Also people which health conditions are adviced to take brown rice.