• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Problem - slow methabolism

sw8cheeks67

sw8cheeks67

Well, address this, if you followed this thread you could notice I already answered all these questions.

1. yes, all good, plus additional controls
2. none, already answered
3. yup, already answered
4. clothes fitting ... are you kidding me? I already said I am gaining weight...
5. I started late in spring this year, the whole summer and till now... almost 6 months... so, enough??

Thanks for questions, but I doubt anything can help with my genetics, because that's what my doctors are saying to me. Apparently, all women in my family got horrendously fat around my age. But, big but , at least I am trying.

- - - Updated - - -

Don’t forget the pics zillagraybeard!

I think he was saving it for later, in case I prove to be a hog.
I would better be just to give up and continue with no activity at all, plus maybe I will be happier with 300 pounds and a cheeseburger.

I’m 300 pounds and I’m happy!

- - - Updated - - -

Well, address this, if you followed this thread you could notice I already answered all these questions.

3. yup, already answered
4. clothes fitting ... are you kidding me? I already said I am gaining weight...
5. I started late in spring this year, the whole summer and till now... almost 6 months... so, enough??

Thanks for questions, but I doubt anything can help with my genetics, because that's what my doctors are saying to me. Apparently, all women in my family got horrendously fat around my age. But, big but , at least I am trying.

- - - Updated - - -

I would better be just to give up and continue with no activity at all, plus maybe I will be happier with 300 pounds and a cheeseburger.

fitnessmara

fitnessmara

Good for you.
I stopped all my actions entirely and took a break. My weight and physic is absolutely unchanged. The trainer says maybe it is my optimum and I have nothing to worry.
Cheeseburger was good too.

This may be fundamental but I am going to say it anyway. The more protein that you get in, the better it is going to be for you. The more muscle that you put on, the better your body burns fat. Since you are now a vegetarian, are you sure you are getting in enough protein?

Have you saw that vegan bodybuilder champion?
His neck is size of my waist....
Go ask him if he is getting enough proteins.

Zillagraybeard

Zillagraybeard

I know that vegan can get in quality protein. I was asking if You get enough.

K

Kins

I've seen people that have problems losing fat with any other diet not work. However when they switch to extremely low carb or even a keto diet, the fat melts off. It's worth trying.

fitnessmara

fitnessmara

Yup. I was having everything as I shoudl, enough of protein as well.
As for an extreme low carb diet, just a question, you do know that we do need carbs to function, unless you are 300 pounds.
Still, I stopped ALL my activities plus cheeseburgers still taste delicious.
I might not getting extra fit, but for some reason my weight started to drop.
Imagine that.

Zillagraybeard

Zillagraybeard

Its called a reset.

K

Kins

As for an extreme low carb diet, just a question, you do know that we do need carbs to function, unless you are 300 pounds.
Imagine that.

We don't need carbs to function. We need protein to function. Why would body-weight change scientific fact?.

K

Kins

You have to raise you caloric intake once in a while. You can't just eat the same amount of calories each day for an extended period of time. Your weight started to drop because you stopped the activity. That increased the amount of calories you hold. You could have either done that, or had a "cheat day" or because you've been on this diet so long maybe 3 days. Then go back on the diet. If you don't believe in full strict low carb you do a phase shift diet such as "The Metabolic Diet" by Dr.Mauro Di pasqale.

Zillagraybeard

Zillagraybeard

KINS you are on the money.

fitnessmara

fitnessmara

You have to raise you caloric intake once in a while. You can't just eat the same amount of calories each day for an extended period of time. Your weight started to drop because you stopped the activity. That increased the amount of calories you hold. You could have either done that, or had a "cheat day" or because you've been on this diet so long maybe 3 days. Then go back on the diet. If you don't believe in full strict low carb you do a phase shift diet such as "The Metabolic Diet" by Dr.Mauro Di pasqale.

I DID NOT loose weight, I GAINED weight.
And I definitely don't understand what makes you think that I have to get more.
Scroll up and read what I posted, because you make zero sense to me.
I did not gain any muscles, I got fat despite my strict regime.

Recently I shifted from vegetarian ( it is not for me) to paleo. I reduced activity, dropped a some weight and then gain some more as soon as I adapted.

No salvation, I am turning into a pig.... :hororr:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

3. yup, already answered

- - - Updated - - -

One thing that you can do is to correct your nutritional intake by eating the same amount of food but leaner instead of pork and beef try eating turkey and salmon, instead of beef burgers, eat turkey or chicken burgers, instead of eating cakes and jelly filled donuts you could eat fresh fruits and instead of ham and bacon sandwiches try eating peanut butter or egg salad or tuna sandwich. There's a lot of great tasting food you can eat to lose weight.

jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Imagine that.

I was reading your posts, and wanted to go over a few things.

1st ~ you Don't need Carbs to Function, you can Function just fine on High Quality Fats, as in a Keto Diet, which is what I usually do.

2nd ~ just because you see the Scale Move Upward, doesn't necessarily mean you are putting on Fat.
Muscle Weighs more than Fat, so your Body could be Recomping.
Don't get Too Concerned over the Scale, go by how you look in a Mirror, and use some Calipers to measure Body Fat.
And the Fact that you are starting to Lose Weight, now that you have Ceased Activity, says to me, you are Losing Muscle.

Beyond that, it's Difficult to give you any Direct Advice.
As you haven't given your Current Stats, and Current Diet, Type of Training.
Not even sure if you do any Resistance Training with Weights, which is Great for Women in particular to Lean Out...…………………….. JP
P.S.
The Occasional Cheat Meal can be of Great Benefit, both Mentally, and to help with Leptin Levels.
Which tend to Stall, if your Diet is Too Restrictive.