• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Recent Randy Couture pics

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree with the fact he smothered herring...but saying he was toying with him is a laugh...he wasn't able to finish the fight period because he honestly lacks skill. He couldn't submit him or finish it via GnP. He looks almost lost on what to do when he gets a dominate position. So he layed on him for 3 rounds. I'm not saying he wont get better i mean if he trains and picks up more overall skills (bjj, mua thai etc) he will be a serious force. But right now all he has going for him is size/strength and the wrestling background. He can still win fights this way but its just a boring style to watch and wont work on the top tier fighters IMO specially guys that are well versed on the ground.

Pretty well completely agree. By toying I meant from a strength/smothering standpoint, there's no doubt Brock lacks skill to finish. I see this fight being similar, Brock on top, controls the fight, wins by decision.

Honestly the whole fight is somewhat of a joke...i mean Lesnar has had what 3 mma fights, only 1 win in the UFC and is fighting for the UFC heavyweight title. He should have to fight guys like kongo, Werdum, Hardonk, Gonzaga etc before he gets this shot. But his name is a draw and its all about the money right

Well, there's no doubt that this is ALL about the money. But, Lesnar just won a match in an impressive performance, the goal is to recruit more of a casual fan base both for the event, and hope to get them hooked in general. It makes sense to do this while Brock looked pretty impressive after the last match, and with Randy's comeback, it's almost like a wrestling "angle."

Having said this, if Lesnar does beat him, it'd be pretty hard to say he doesn't deserve it, because he just beat the champ.

Kanav

Kanav

Having said this, if Lesnar does beat him, it'd be pretty hard to say he doesn't deserve it, because he just beat the champ.

Actually if lesner pulls a rabbit out of his hat and beats coture, he earns my respect, but in order for him to be the champ in my eyes, he has to beat Nog (who I consider the true heavyweight champ in the ufc)

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If and thats a big If he beats Couture hes not the champion....there will be a unification bout between the winner of this fight and the Nog/Mir fight to determine the true Heavyweight champ. You guys see the poster of the next affliction card...its a stacked show. If all goes right that will be probably the best card in a long long time. By the way best heavyweight in the world bar none is Fedor, dont disagree just nod your head :D

Kanav

Kanav

^ yup, and I sincerely doubt nog is going to be beaten by lesner. Hell his whole career he takes beat downs from massive guys and comes back out of nowhere to submit them.

Minus Fedor ofcourse.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Actually if lesner pulls a rabbit out of his hat and beats coture, he earns my respect, but in order for him to be the champ in my eyes, he has to beat Nog (who I consider the true heavyweight champ in the ufc)

Fair enough on the considering Brock the champ, but, his second MMA fight ever was against a former champion, Frank Mir, and he did pretty damn well. His third fight, he beat Heath Herring, who was been fighting as an MMA pro for 10 years before Brock, and went toe to toe with some of the best in the world (Fedor, Nog). I can certainly see some resentment from people that Brock hasn't "paid his dues" already, but don't blame him, blame Dana White. It's pretty ballsy of Brock to just come in, and say he wants to fight the top dogs right away. In my mind, he's earned a hell of a lot of respect already.

If you were him, would you turn down the chance to win the title (and make millions of dollars)??

By the way best heavyweight in the world bar none is Fedor, dont disagree just nod your head

That is a given.

Kanav

Kanav

Fair enough on the considering Brock the champ, but, his second MMA fight ever was against a former champion, Frank Mir, and he did pretty damn well. His third fight, he beat Heath Herring, who was been fighting as an MMA pro for 10 years before Brock, and went toe to toe with some of the best in the world (Fedor, Nog). I can certainly see some resentment from people that Brock hasn't "paid his dues" already, but don't blame him, blame Dana White. It's pretty ballsy of Brock to just come in, and say he wants to fight the top dogs right away. In my mind, he's earned a hell of a lot of respect already.

If you were him, would you turn down the chance to win the title (and make millions of dollars)??

That is a given.

Ofcourse Id be happy if I were him, but obviously if I was werdum or other legit heavyweights Id be pissed.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm with IS on this one, I see Lesnar winning by decision. Unless he somehow gets a first round KO.

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So what if Brock didn't finish Herring:wutyousay:...

Herring is a world class HW with so much more experience than Brock.. guys have gotta stop hating. Regardless of whether he deserves this fight with Randy its gonna be awesome. (Mir is the one who seems to have leapfrogged everyone into the title shot).

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^His win over Lesnar would of made a big difference in that decision though right?

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^Yeah, but at the time Mir was losing to cans and then he got that win over Lesner, a guy fighting his 2nd match. Lets say Brock was ranked 30th in the HW's at the time.... Mir beats him after losing Vera and Cruz and gets a title shot?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^Yeah, but at the time Mir was losing to cans and then he got that win over Lesner, a guy fighting his 2nd match. Lets say Brock was ranked 30th in the HW's at the time.... Mir beats him after losing Vera and Cruz and gets a title shot?

You cant say Lesnar deserves a Title shot after having 2 wins in his career and say that the guy that beat him doesnt deserve a shot.

IMO neither of them deserve shots there are guys that have worked there way up that deserve that title fight. But its a business and it all comes down to numbers. This Lesnar fight will bring in outside fans (wwe) and probably be one of if not the biggest PPV's in UFC history.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good point. But as Beau said this PPV will draw massive, so I can see why Dana White made the match. Does anyone think this is similar to the whole Kimbo fiasco? Now I know Lesnar runs rings around the black santa, but I think White's putting Lesnar into a main event situation when he isn't ready/experienced enough yet.

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You cant say Lesnar deserves a Title shot after having 2 wins in his career and say that the guy that beat him doesnt deserve a shot.

IMO neither of them deserve shots there are guys that have worked there way up that deserve that title fight. But its a business and it all comes down to numbers. This Lesnar fight will bring in outside fans (wwe) and probably be one of if not the biggest PPV's in UFC history.

Herring was probably in line for the title shot b4 losing to Brock. Who knows who really deserves it, but you're right that its all business. The UFC needs to make money from Brock b4 he loses some matches.

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good point. But as Beau said this PPV will draw massive, so I can see why Dana White made the match. Does anyone think this is similar to the whole Kimbo fiasco? Now I know Lesnar runs rings around the black santa, but I think White's putting Lesnar into a main event situation when he isn't ready/experienced enough yet.

Lesner must headline now. If he fights someone else b4 Randy and Loses, u cant give him a title shot therefore no big PPV